Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #295
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
so your saying that the interior noise isnt too loud for the 2.0? cuz thats what i want...
Give this one a good listen with some over the ear headphones if you have some...

If you listen closely you can actually hear the tires hitting the expansion joints when I'm just cruising... that might give you an idea of the volume when cruising... also I was just narrating in a normal voice/volume... not talking loud at all... as as wer2foxs mentioned, really listen at 4:40 where I go WOT..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #296
pleigh

Drives: 2010 CGM 1LT A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by francone13 View Post
Im gona order my exhaust within the next month and im still on the fence between V1.0 and V2.0....I love the deep sound of V2.0 what i am worried about is spending $600 on an exhaust that is only a little bit louder then stock....I mean everyone sais the cabin is quiet so can you even tell the exhaust is there wile ideling or crusing inside the cabin?
I can only speak for ver. 1.0 but I spent most of today driving around town between 20-45 mph. There is cabin noise usually at take off, (mild takeoff or otherwise) that continues up through a couple of shift points. After that it toned down enough to allow me to use my bluetooth (I'm a salesperson by trade so I'm on it fairly regularly). I didn't get a single complaint and the folks that I speak to regularly said the road noise was not much worse than before.

I can also say that everyone, and I mean everyone, that has heard the new system loves it. MRT did a great job with these and whether you choose ver. 1.0 or 2.0 I think you'll be pleased. Me personally? I like the louder effect in the cabin which, IMHO, isn't annoying at all and like Scrming says calms down nicely.

NO, the Rev limiter is not set to 118MPH... and YES, driving in this manner does affect MPG...
pleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #297
pleigh

Drives: 2010 CGM 1LT A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wer2foxs View Post
What i like about the 2.0's is the great throaty sound on the exterior and the cabin sound is quiet yet you can enjoy it. I have the radio on without cranking it. Its perfect for me.

As far the install I had the same positioning problem on the passenger compared to pleigh having to adjust the driver side. I am sure it is the variance in each car and not a MRT problem. It is still an install anyone can do if they like to tinker around or change their own oil.

I agree 100% MRT can't account for every Camaro out there and as Scrming says, there is variance from vehicle to vehicle. If I can do it anybody can as I've been known to do a 10 quart oil change or two (forgot to remove old oil filter gasket)

NO, the Rev limiter is not set to 118MPH... and YES, driving in this manner does affect MPG...

Last edited by pleigh; 02-08-2010 at 07:54 PM.
pleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #298
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleigh View Post
I agree 100% MRT can't account for every Camaro out there and as Scrming says, there is variance from vehicle to vehicle. If I can do it anybody can as I've been know to do a 10 quart oil change or two (forgot to remove old oil filter gasket)
lol!
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #299
Easy Go

Drives: LLT MV5 B34 N65... period.
I would describe it as "versatile". In musician's terms, a versatile instrument allows one to play with both subtlety and aggressiveness.

With the MRT 2.0, you can responsibly cruise your way through the neighborhood with a boldness that's still manages to keep you on good terms with your neighbors. You can also step on the gas and crank it up - put on a show on demand.
In the early morning... when there's only a mere suggestion that the sun is going to bother coming up at all that day - a CGM blur accompanied by the anthem of 312 horses awakens the morning commuters from their NPR-induced stupor. Charging past the front lines in an all-or-nothing battle cry that the King has returned...
Easy Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #300
francone13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Thanks guys for the great advise...i am leaning more towards 2.0 i love the deep sound its got.....One more question tho...Is there much of a difference between stock and 2.0 wile idling and low rpm cursing in interior and exterior sound?
francone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #301
Easy Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by francone13 View Post
Thanks guys for the great advise...i am leaning more towards 2.0 i love the deep sound its got.....One more question tho...Is there much of a difference between stock and 2.0 wile idling and low rpm cursing in interior and exterior sound?
2.0 @ idle is noticeably louder than stock both inside and out - especially at cold start. I'd describe it as "boomy". Not obnoxious, mind you - but noticeable.

Low rpm cruising is a little boomy especially when under load - anyone small enough to fit in the back seat will feel left out of any quiet front seat conversations.

When using cruise control, you will hear more prominently when the engine is "waving" in and out of load - especially when going uphill. Stock - you might notice load waves if you are listening for them.

I personally don't mind the extra cabin noise driving alone, though at some point I am going to devise some noise suppression to place up against the back seat trunk-side.
In the early morning... when there's only a mere suggestion that the sun is going to bother coming up at all that day - a CGM blur accompanied by the anthem of 312 horses awakens the morning commuters from their NPR-induced stupor. Charging past the front lines in an all-or-nothing battle cry that the King has returned...
Old 01-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #302
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Go View Post
2.0 @ idle is noticeably louder than stock both inside and out - especially at cold start. I'd describe it as "boomy". Not obnoxious, mind you - but noticeable.

Low rpm cruising is a little boomy especially when under load - anyone small enough to fit in the back seat will feel left out of any quiet front seat conversations.

When using cruise control, you will hear more prominently when the engine is "waving" in and out of load - especially when going uphill. Stock - you might notice load waves if you are listening for them.

I personally don't mind the extra cabin noise driving alone, though at some point I am going to devise some noise suppression to place up against the back seat trunk-side.
I really like this exhaust but when you say the people in the back seat cant hear the conversation in the front that concerns me cuz i always have people in the back seat of my car...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #303
Easy Go

Quote:
I really like this exhaust but when you say the people in the back seat cant hear the conversation in the front that concerns me cuz i always have people in the back seat of my car...
I have 2.0

Quiet conversation, the back seat passengers might miss out on what exactly is being said when the engine is loaded. This system does have some drone. It's not terrible, but it's there when the engine is under load in that 1500-2500 rpm range. As the engine is not always under load, the drone comes and goes - that's what I mean by "waves". Cruising, idle it's not obtrusive.

If you like a boomy sound (whether it's MRT or anything else), then you have to put up with some level of drone unless you do some sound deadening on the body or in the trunk. Sound is energy and more will make it's way into the passenger compartment when the exhaust is louder.

If you want an exhaust that doesn't boom the cabin, then you probably want to look into something more tinny, though that's not usually the direction one wants to take a muscle car.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #304
francone13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Go View Post

Thank you that's just the type of explanation i was looking for i think i have final after months of thinking made up my mind lol now i just go to wait till the end of march so i can take my baby out but i will be ordering my exhaust end of feb
Old 01-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #305
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
You can fit people in the back seat? Are they midgets? LOL
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #306
daveprimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
What mrt 2.0 system are you guys installing? First, you are paying for the exhaust to make a sound, not to be quiet. Also, the 2.0 isnt that loud. When its a cold start you might have a nice deep sound but at idle it tends to quiet down to almost nothing. Inside, you cant hear it standing still, outside you can barely hear it. Inside at 2000 rpms is a nice growl from inside but not that loud. (I thought alot louder from videos). If you do jump on it its deep for a v6 but still pretty high pitched like you would expect it to be. Overall its a cool sound but its really nothing crazy. Just being honest. Maybe the 1.0 would sound good at idle. Thats why I bought it, more for the idle and if I had to rate the loudness at idle from 1 to 10 (ten being the loudest) I give it a 2 or 3. Maybe mine is defected, I dunno.
daveprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #307
Puttnutt24

Drives: 2010 Camaro RJT 2SS/RS M6
That's it, these are a tad too loud for these 50 year old ears. I just posted them in the classified section. I have less then a hundred miles on them and paid over five bills. If someone wants them I'll let you have them for a PayPal payment of 400 bucks plus I'll split the shipping. Ping me if your interested.................Rich
P.S. If you'd like to check out my creditability, look up Puttnutt24 on Ebay and you'll see I have over 500 positive feedbacks with no negitives.......

Puttnutt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:19 AM   #308
francone13

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveprimo View Post
What mrt 2.0 system are you guys installing? First, you are paying for the exhaust to make a sound, not to be quiet. Also, the 2.0 isnt that loud. When its a cold start you might have a nice deep sound but at idle it tends to quiet down to almost nothing. Inside, you cant hear it standing still, outside you can barely hear it. Inside at 2000 rpms is a nice growl from inside but not that loud. (I thought alot louder from videos). If you do jump on it its deep for a v6 but still pretty high pitched like you would expect it to be. Overall its a cool sound but its really nothing crazy. Just being honest. Maybe the 1.0 would sound good at idle. Thats why I bought it, more for the idle and if I had to rate the loudness at idle from 1 to 10 (ten being the loudest) I give it a 2 or 3. Maybe mine is defected, I dunno.
Great now im confused again lol Does anyone of have a db reading of the stock exhaust?