Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-26-2015, 02:51 PM   #15569
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #15570
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
You're so right, tramtwo.

I've always wondered what the issue was about brakes getting hot. My idea of braking is momentarily letting up from full power.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #15571
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
You're so right, tramtwo.

I've always wondered what the issue was about brakes getting hot. My idea of braking is momentarily letting up from full power.
Then you need more power
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #15572
Scarrzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Then you need more power

I would accept that statement as an axiom, my friend.

I went by the dealership and looked at a Z28 today. Probably shouldn't have done that without a defibrillator present.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #15573
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
I would accept that statement as an axiom, my friend.

I went by the dealership and looked at a Z28 today. Probably shouldn't have done that without a defibrillator present.
LOL, I have not dared to go to my favorite dealer and take a look, if I did I'd probably end up selling my house to get a Z/28!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:55 PM   #15574
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
LOL, I have not dared to go to my favorite dealer and take a look, if I did I'd probably end up selling my house to get a Z/28!
Clyde
You can live in your car. You can't road course your house.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #15575
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
Quote:
You can live in your car. You can't road course your house.
Now that's a keeper!
macalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:37 PM   #15576
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ummmmm.............motor home. Watched on Top Gear.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:59 PM   #15577
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ummmmm.............motor houZe. Watched on Top Gear.
Fixed
Old 03-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #15578
Scarrzz

It was extrEEEmely difficult to pry myself back out, but he promised he would fire her up and let me listen to Z tailpipe symphony.

I knelt in supplication between the pipes as he shot the spark to it.

After that I had to go home and change my shorts...
Old 03-28-2015, 07:50 AM   #15579
JusticePete

Amen brother!
Old 03-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #15580
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Fixed
HA!!!!! That's awesome

Quote:
It was extrEEEmely difficult to pry myself back out, but he promised he would fire her up and let me listen to Z tailpipe symphony.

I knelt in supplication between the pipes as he shot the spark to it.

After that I had to go home and change my shorts...
Yeah, I'd be afraid if I even heard one I'd be lure into buying one just for a chance at an LS7...................even though I think the Gen 6 is going to something pretty spectacular.

I am stewing on what to expect May 16. I know I'm not getting my knock it out of the park exterior. We will be getting an evolutionary design and that will be the safe approach. But I also believe the historical cues to Heritage will be things like the Red White and Blue badge more than the tail lights. The C7 has the Stingray badge and beyond that it would have to be pointed out the average shopper. I think the interior will be the best Chevrolet has ever done, at least that is what I'm hoping for. It won't be Cadillac, but even the Tahoe/Suburban has good material choices. My guess is we will see the new Malibu next week and that will be a great pointer as what type of interior we're getting. And if GM does well with the Malibu, and they have to simply because of getting their but handed to them by every other vehicle in that segment, they will do at least that in a base Camaro.

I do believe we will get better visibility in some areas. The rear quarter glass looks to be abut the same, but the cowl and belt should be lower and improve the feeling of the car.

I think the Camaro is going to be great simply because of the sum of it's parts.

An LT1 with 450/460 HP in a Gen 5 would be really nice, but would you kill for 30 more HP? No.

A 7 Speed manual and 8 speed Automatic would also be nice improvements to a Gen 5, but nothing to make you run out and buy a new car for it.

Now both of them together in a Gen 5 might make you head for the Chevy Dealer...................just for a test drive and see what is was about.

Now drop 150 pounds of big butt Zeta architecture and you start to salivate a bit more and do some fiddling with garage space and personal finances.

Add to the that a very stiff and lightweight architecture mixed with one of the best chassis teams on the planet that did the 1LE, ZL1, Z/28, ATS, CTS, ATS-V and CTS-V (yes both V cars have yet to be tested by magazines) and I expect you will see out of the box handling that will make more than a few folks at the blue oval go . Now you are writing checks for a deposit.

The interior will be the big cherry on the sundae (I hate cherries btw). It will have better materials, more refinement, integrated technologies. Add better visibility, better ergonomics and it will all come together.

So what makes a car really special? That it hits a few home runs in some areas but strikes out in others? Or solid doubles and triples across the board?

Individually, the improvements won't be significant over a 5th Generation Camaro (maybe interior has the best shot of being wildly improved, but some people do really like the 5th Gen interior). But adding them all up will be what has the potential to make the Gen 6 something really special.

JMO
Old 03-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #15581
JusticePete

Hoping for triples in the interior, engine, tranny and suspension. I think the exterior may be a sacrifice bunt. Add them up and we should have big win.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:02 PM   #15582
E. Bryant
Gearhead

Drives: 2012 ZL1
The new car should be more powerful, weigh substantially less, and is built on a platform with a reputation for superb handling. Unless this thing got beat mercilessly with the ugly sick, I really don't see how it could go wrong.
E. Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014