Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-06-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
SD1

Drives: 17' GTI DSG SE
Newb, ????'s

Hey guys. I test drove a 17' 2ss a month or so ago and was impressed with the power and handling of the car. It was hugely fun. I drove the Mustang just before going to the Chevy store, and while its a nice car, I preferred the Camaro. I am still pretty interested in the car, in fact much more so now that I am aware of the 1LE package.

Couple of Q's, stick or auto? I drove the auto, it was pretty good, but manuals are pretty fun, I have a truck if I dont want to get stuck driving the stick. How great is 1LE?? Sounds great to me, BUT, I am older and like the amenities of 2ss. Especially the premium audio. I guess they are trying to get me to move to a ZL1?

Do you think a manual trans 2ss would be as fun as a 1LE car? Thanks!
SD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1 View Post
Hey guys. I test drove a 17' 2ss a month or so ago and was impressed with the power and handling of the car. It was hugely fun. I drove the Mustang just before going to the Chevy store, and while its a nice car, I preferred the Camaro. I am still pretty interested in the car, in fact much more so now that I am aware of the 1LE package.

Couple of Q's, stick or auto? I drove the auto, it was pretty good, but manuals are pretty fun, I have a truck if I dont want to get stuck driving the stick. How great is 1LE?? Sounds great to me, BUT, I am older and like the amenities of 2ss. Especially the premium audio. I guess they are trying to get me to move to a ZL1?

Do you think a manual trans 2ss would be as fun as a 1LE car? Thanks!
1LE only comes in 1SS.

ZL1 are not available yet in auto until like next spring. Even in manual I think you'll be waiting. I'm guess most phase I allocations have been spoken for.

Based on what your saying and if you don't plan on tracking the car go for the 2SS. It would be just as fun
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #3
bielawg

Drives: BMW 135i
A lot of this comes down to personal preference. I would personally never buy a sports car with an automatic, but there are others here who have the A8 and prefer it. I can tell you from having driven both, the M6 is super easy to drive, and the automatic rev matching makes it even easier. In fact, I think I would prefer it to my BMW, also a 6spd, in traffic.

I don't think anyone here has actually driven a 6th Gen 1LE yet, but the general consensus is that it is a better track car, while the 2SS is more comfortable for the street. It's really splitting hairs as they are both good in all situations. You will not be able to reach the handling limits of a 2SS on the street. In a straight line it would likely come down to the driver.

Previous:
2009 BMW 135i
2016 Subaru WRX STI
2012 Subaru WRX
2005 Chrysler 300C
2005 Subaru WRX STI
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo
bielawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
nearwater

Drives: '17 2SS 50th
My past 6 cars out of 7 were manual. I'm a hardcore "Save the manuals" guy, and will continue to stick with it until they stop production or I'm physically unable to drive one. For sports cars of course.
We manufacture the shifters(both auto & manual) for Camaros, and I think the 1LE shifters would probably feel more sporty with their short throws.
Either of 'em are really fun to drive I'm sure.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #5
SD1

Drives: 17' GTI DSG SE
Thanks for the replies. I tend to agree with the Manual/sports car theory. I also do not need to rely on the car for daily transpo, so if it gets to a point where I dont want to get stuck in traffic, I have options. That said, I can probably survive not having the upgraged radio and heated seats. There is a chance I would do some track stuff, I have in the past. With the right car, I could see myself doing that again.
SD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I tend to agree with the Manual/sports car theory. I also do not need to rely on the car for daily transpo, so if it gets to a point where I dont want to get stuck in traffic, I have options. That said, I can probably survive not having the upgraged radio and heated seats. There is a chance I would do some track stuff, I have in the past. With the right car, I could see myself doing that again.
If you are truly going to track the car and push it to the limits, get the 1LE. You will enjoy it more. This is you are going to track it a lot. Now if you are going to maybe be on the track two or three times a year just to have fun in it... the 1SS will still be fun to drive.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #7
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
1LE only comes in 1SS
They come in LT trim too. Becky has one on order.