Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-03-2016, 07:37 AM   #29
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
This is starting to happen a lot. GM needs to start building them with jack pads built in like bmws. Someone's gonna get hurt, The current jack points suck
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:40 AM   #30
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
This is starting to happen a lot. GM needs to start building them with jack pads built in like bmws. Someone's gonna get hurt, The current jack points suck
I agree, if this is what supposedly trained dealers do then what about your typical tire shop, etc. with my Corvette I used to carry a set of jack pads in the trunk.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:57 AM   #31
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Paint isn't all that flexible. In time am I going to see a million little spider web cracks in the paint at all 4 of these locations?
This happened to me with another vehicle before. The body panels were plastic and returned to shape but the damage was already done. The paint had spider webs and the clips that held the rocker panels on were all broken. If the car is on the lift like that all weekend maybe the others are right and they will keep that shape and be ruined, but maybe not.

Either way, I would raise hell with the Dealership and GM. Demand they are fixed and have the GM of the dealership go find out who was working on the car, and why an un-trained tech was touching your car. Any trained Camaro or Corvette tech would know how to properly lift your car. Something broke down behind the scenes.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #32
rap47

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
WHY? They are incompetent idiots. Everyone should be aware of the dealer so they dont go through this too.
+1 What he said!!!!
rap47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #33
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
If it was my car I would call the police and file vandalism charges against who ever did it. You have the picture proof of it. That way a report is filed and it will not be your insurance paying for it. You could also take them to small claims court and get restitution and possibly some out of service funds from them. Just a thought
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #34
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Not reading the whole thing, can't wait. I'm sure it's been said. Show those pictures to the service manager and the general manager. Get it documented that the car was lifted incorrectly. There is a chance that those panels just flexed and will go back in shape assuming the rocker panel is composite.

Good job taking pictures, this will leave no doubt that it will be on the dealer to fix it.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #35
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
They put your car on the lift WRONG! There are specific jack points on the uni-body that MUST be followed!!!!!

This is VERY bad. Highly likely your unibody is now out of alignment, which means your entire car is no longer plum with itself. This kind of thing is near impossible to fix properly. Doors/hood/trunk/windows may not open and close properly. You may develop shakes/rattles/squeaks in the interior because the panels no longer fit perfect. Drivability issues may arise over time.

I'd hire a lawyer.
No shit they put it on wrong. I'm pretty sure the OP and everyone else can see that. Your post is why I hate posting this kind of stuff in a public place.
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:23 AM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
No shit they put it on wrong. I'm pretty sure the OP and everyone else can see that. Your post is why I hate posting this kind of stuff in a public place.
Don't get bent out of shape (see what I did there? Ok...too soon...)

The OP wasn't sure if this was permanent damage or not. Fastball, was explaining that it very well could be.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:32 AM   #37
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
Well next time don't post anything if you don't like the response. It's a two way street.

The OP had serious, legitimate questions. You don't need to chime in if you have nothing to contribute.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #38
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Well next time don't post anything if you don't like the response. It's a two way street.

The OP had serious, legitimate questions. You don't need to chime in if you have nothing to contribute.
Agreed.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #39
Stoner

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post

Excellent post. These cars should have lift points built into them!!!! Why should we have to go out and buy lift point adapters to be able to jack up our cars??

Why don't dealerships have the proper equipment to properly lift our cars?

Once your car is damaged, it can never be repaired to like new condition. You have to make them pay to get their attention and prevent future similar incidents. I would tell them I want the car replaced, or pay me for the depreciated resale value of the car due to the damage.
Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #40
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:

I know you're right, ,
Sorry OP!
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #41
Stoner

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
It's bad, but you're being a bit if a hypochondriac. The damage done is cosmetic. I don't think you understand what you're talking about at all.
I am not a body shop expert, but i did watch was show on TV, "How its made: Dream Cars." They did a show on Cameros showing most of the build process. The Majority of the body is made up of stamped aluminum panels and either spot welded, glued, or riveted into place. I do a fair amount of metal work, and once you bend or crease aluminum, it is very difficult to get it back to its original form. It will not just spring back into place.

My guess is, that is some serious body damage.
Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #42
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Wow. Just wow.

I'd be raising hell at that dealer right now. Someone needs to be fired.