Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Looking for a wire

I am able to hook up the dual halo halos into my car this weekend or next week but what I am looking for is a wire that I can hook up the positives from the Oracle too. However, what I want to do is have a positive wire that only will power the halos while the car is either in the on position or in the accessory position. I heard that there is a wire inside the driver's door but I am not sure if that is correct, and which wire. I don't want the halos powered at all without the car being in either of those 2 positions. Any ideas where I can tap into?
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
phenixdragon

Anyone have an idea?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
If no one chimes in with an exact wire location, I suggest you look at the Electrical WIKI: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/wiki.p...CTRICAL_SYSTEM
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Whats on in your scenario? If you can tell me what is on then i can look up that way.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
phenixdragon

Well I think the link Michael_Js posted will help but basically I am just looking for a 12v positive wire that works only when the car is either turned on or in accessary mode. I want to hook up my dual Oracle halos to that wire this way they only come on while the car is either turned on or in accessary mode but off when the car is off.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
phenixdragon

I should say I think it is a 12v positive wire I am looking for, least that is what I was told. but wire that only sends power while the car is on or in accessory mode. Pretty much I just want the halos to only possibly be on while the stock headlights would be on. But I also need full power to the halos where as the stock halo wire has a resistor on it not giving full power, which is fine for the stock halos.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Hi i got that But i am on no sleep right now and cant think what that is that is only on "when the car is either turned on or in accessory mode" So if you tell me which one works that way i will look up the wire. LOL
Old 10-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
2SSRS@Gen5diy

What do you think to get the power from the AC relay in the front ? I have to go to get tire mounted on the car will be back later.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
phenixdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Hi i got that But i am on no sleep right now and cant think what that is that is only on "when the car is either turned on or in accessory mode" So if you tell me which one works that way i will look up the wire. LOL
Ya my first post I was awake for about 24 hours straight so I'm not sure if it even made sense to me either.

Basically what I am trying to accomplish is just have the Oracle halos to power on and off exactly as the stock halos would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
What do you think to get the power from the AC relay in the front ? I have to go to get tire mounted on the car will be back later.
I can check that one out. Only problem is I tried to install the Oracles myself and didn't turn out so well so I mailed it to AAC to fix them and they are supposed to show up on Tuesday. So I can't really test besides with a meter until they show up. Someone at AAC told me about a wire inside the driver's door jam but I'm just not sure the exact one and I don't want to tap into wires guessing which one.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #10
phenixdragon

Alright, headlamps weren't delivered yesterday. UPS needed someone there to sign and I waited all freaking day and they how up shortly after I leave my house for work, I work graveyard. So I am picking this up this morning and will be putting them in this evening and will test out on the AC.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #11
phenixdragon

Actually didn't get a chance to really test this out. Really wanted to get my car back together this evening and had some other things to do to it also. But I plan on taking the bumper and everything off again in a week or so. Just waiting to get the LED display in the mail so I know which color the halos are shining out. When I get that in the mail then I will see about getting this hooked up how I want it to work.