PH3688
Marines are ghey

Drives: A car
Hey look a gen 6 thread that needs to be moved to camaro6.com
PH3688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #16
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Wow. I didn't think the front grille on the 6th Gen V8s could look any uglier... I was wrong.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #17
BurntOrangeBEE
BurntBEE

Drives: BurntOrange BumbleBee Transformer
Looks a bit like a snow plow. Too bad you can't take her out in the winter.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #18
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
No thanks.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:25 AM   #19
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1Strider View Post
I'm interested to see the 1/4 mile times in that 10 spd auto! I am hoping it outruns the Hellcat in the 1/4 with the less power! Also considering they have built this ZL1 for the autocross I wonder if Chevy is gonna have a Z/28 at all in the 6th gen, or make the Z/28 more of a drag car.
I for one hope that it's slower. Just enough where a small mod or two will give it the edge but, I utterly loathe it when people get cars like that for straight line performance in mind only. Granted it's their car, their money, etc. but, that's what COPO's are for. Or get an SS and molest that to be a one trick pony. It boggles my mind why folks get a 1LE, ZL1 or Z/28 and worry about their drag racing capabilities.

As for a Z/28, since there is no large displacement, all motor variant currently in production for the Corvette, I'd wager to say that the new 1LE will suffice to the task or best case scenario, we'll see a well messaged LT1 (crate engine?) with DSSV shocks yet again. As of right now, I don't see how the Z/28 fits in their new line up.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #20
AF1Strider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I for one hope that it's slower. Just enough where a small mod or two will give it the edge but, I utterly loathe it when people get cars like that for straight line performance in mind only. Granted it's their car, their money, etc. but, that's what COPO's are for. Or get an SS and molest that to be a one trick pony. It boggles my mind why folks get a 1LE, ZL1 or Z/28 and worry about their drag racing capabilities.

As for a Z/28, since there is no large displacement, all motor variant currently in production for the Corvette, I'd wager to say that the new 1LE will suffice to the task or best case scenario, we'll see a well messaged LT1 (crate engine?) with DSSV shocks yet again. As of right now, I don't see how the Z/28 fits in their new line up.
Well I rather drag race then auto cross, and last time I checked muscle cars had a big v8 dropped under the hood and drag raced. Yes it is great we live in a time when the American pony cars can do both, and do both great but they already have the 1LE package so why make the ZL1 just a track queen?? Look at the Dodge and the Challengers for example. Dodge decided to make the Hellcat series vehicles for a lot of horsepower and mainly straight line performance and its selling well! Maybe it is just me, but I'd rather see the ZL1 more dedicated to drag racing and a Z/28 and 1LE dedicated to tracking. Yes there is a COPO but you can't drive a COPO to the work everyday, or even on the streets legally. You can mod a SS for straight line performance, but you could also just mod a SS for tracking too. Maybe this is just me but that's how I feel about it.
AF1Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #21
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Still looks like a Mustang.
does this mean you dont like it.. and dont want it
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #22
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
As long as ZL1 is not a short build amount like z/28 finding MSRP should be simple after first round. I expect the first few to sale over MSRP. You always get a few that just gotta have it. Dodge will not like this MSRP price. Should take a huge bite out of the Hellcat sales since power to weight is much better on the camaro then hellcat.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #23
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1Strider View Post
Well I rather drag race then auto cross, and last time I checked muscle cars had a big v8 dropped under the hood and drag raced. Yes it is great we live in a time when the American pony cars can do both, and do both great but they already have the 1LE package so why make the ZL1 just a track queen?? Look at the Dodge and the Challengers for example. Dodge decided to make the Hellcat series vehicles for a lot of horsepower and mainly straight line performance and its selling well! Maybe it is just me, but I'd rather see the ZL1 more dedicated to drag racing and a Z/28 and 1LE dedicated to tracking. Yes there is a COPO but you can't drive a COPO to the work everyday, or even on the streets legally. You can mod a SS for straight line performance, but you could also just mod a SS for tracking too. Maybe this is just me but that's how I feel about it.
This is an interesting perspective from both ends of the enthusiast spectrum. Both are right.

Drag racing is a lot of fun. Raw, hardcore acceleration at it's best. The best thing about it is that drag racing is so accessible and cheap. Just show up at the strip on Test and Tune, or Grudge night, whichever they call it with a $20 bill in your hand and a helmet on your head, and let 'er rip. Absolutely the best kind of car meet there is.

The trouble with road course is accessibility, and of course cost. A track day event typically costs what, in the $150-$250 range? Then it can be hell on tires and brakes, depending on skill and how hard you push it.

GM, however, wants to sell cars. Regardless of how the individual wants to use it, any one trick pony is just not going to get it done. Couple that with the understanding that first and foremost, they have to make the car daily drivable. Given that caveat, it has to measure up to all the safety, emission, and efficiency standards thrown at them. Not only that, and even above all that, it has to be comfortable and something that the consumer can and wants to drive to work everyday. Rule number one in mass production...the product must appeal to the masses.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #24
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Why not a big block option for the SS. 427 perhaps, maybe we could get a production SS with two engine options.
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #25
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
Its an eye catcher but moving away from the original Camaro style. As for the interior it turned me off completely with the mixing of analog and fake displayed gauges combined. Just came off as cheap and gimmikie to me. The dash no longer is intergrates with the door panels?
I plan to stick with what I have.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:00 AM   #26
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock1962 View Post
Why not a big block option for the SS. 427 perhaps, maybe we could get a production SS with two engine options.
Yeah, but they have to develop a 7 liter Gen V small block first, and this may never happen.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #27
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Wow. I didn't think the front grille on the 6th Gen V8s could look any uglier... I was wrong.

I'm with him^ that grille got's to change
davidscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #28
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
it's pure awesome.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote