Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-24-2018, 01:53 AM   #43
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
For the first two years of owning my car I was happy with the a8. Now I'm itching for a manual again. I drive a 2005 manual f150 to work every day and have to deal with a lot of traffic and it's never made me angry or wish it was an auto. I think if you really like a manual, get the manual
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:58 AM   #44
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post
Maybe. But from a 30mph roll you have 5 more chances to make a mistake. I have none.
That would be your only chance to win on a 30mph roll , those A8s are not programed for a roll start.The m6 won't need all 6 gears so that would cut your chances of a win even more . Its really not that hard to shift gears racing and a win is win but its always better a driver wins over a computer programed automatic .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #45
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
The automatic is quicker by a couple tenths of a second. I guess if you're challenging a drag race for pink slips that would matter, but in the overall scheme of things there's no noticeable difference in acceleration. You get the stick and you'll still be leaving everything on the road in the dust.

I have never heard of anyone regret buying a stick if they were deciding between the two, and I've heard countless people regret buying an auto. Its about the fun of mechanically shifting your own gears.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #46
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Fake news... They used an auto to break all the records including drag strip and on the ring. If you don't believe the truth then that's your problem.
Every SS 1LE and ZL1 that broke a record at every track was a manual. FACT.

https://www.google.com/search?client...jwTG47zgDQ_0:0

Every article and video from all the Camaro track times are on that link. Do some research, because remember, everyone else can too
Old 03-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #47
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Every SS 1LE and ZL1 that broke a record at every track was a manual. FACT.

https://www.google.com/search?client...jwTG47zgDQ_0:0

Every article and video from all the Camaro track times are on that link. Do some research, because remember, everyone else can too
the 1le only comes in a stick, the regular zl1 and others that have had a manual and auto the auto won. Look at the stock drag times on this board, all the best times are autos. Go ahead and look.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #48
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
The two things I miss about the stick more than anything is being able to easily rev the motor (underpasses) and the throw you back in your seat of popping the clutch. I’m just getting lazy as I get older. Lol. And at least with the A8 I don’t sacrifice performance for comfort. What I do know is you better drive both and get what you want. It’s a lot of money to spend and not do so.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:49 AM   #49
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Don't settle for what you want right now, instead of getting what you want the most.

That said I wanted an A8, all the faster than a PDK marketing got me.
http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2014...-transmission/
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/14352021
I have had manuals, my first car was one, had a 4th gen project car with one just recently. I have some medical issues that make it difficult sometime, but I got the last one anyway. That's said, some autos are so good now I don't think there is any shame in one.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #50
GA Camaro 2SS

Quote:
the 1le only comes in a stick, the regular zl1 and others that have had a manual and auto the auto won. Look at the stock drag times on this board, all the best times are autos. Go ahead and look.
And that was professional drivers. Most of us on here are not going to beat that auto. And I will selflessly sacrifice my time tires and gas for anyone who wants to try. Lol.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #51
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
I find myself using the manual +/- mode on my A8 often as i like the downshift exhaust sounds and sometimes i need a little bump in speed without punching the A8. I could live without the clutch even know it is totally different ballgame driving wise. There are 3 different people i personally feel, 1 who only will drive only manual, 1 who only drives auto and 1 who drives auto but would of rather had a manual to begin with. If i lived in a state that had flatter long roads and less stop and go traffic then i possibly would have went M6. So it can really depend on your situation rather then what is better or more manly sometimes LOL.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #52
fastball
Banned

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about and neither do you. All of the records are owned by manual Camaros. Did you even click on the articles?

If you are thinking only drag times you completely miss the point and talking to you is useless. Drag difference is barely .2 seconds which means nothing.

Go back to 1985 and grow a mullett and play your Motley Crüe cassettes. You're the Camaro owner everyone makes fun of. In case you haven't noticed, the Camaro has grown up and matured since then.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #53
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Go back to 1985 and grow a mullett and play your Motley Crüe cassettes.
Can I wear my Members Only jacket?

Nothing like a "manual vs. auto" thread to incite a rush of vitriol!
Where is camarocid and what did he decide?
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #54
GA Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
That would be your only chance to win on a 30mph roll , those A8s are not programed for a roll start.The m6 won't need all 6 gears so that would cut your chances of a win even more . Its really not that hard to shift gears racing and a win is win but its always better a driver wins over a computer programed automatic .
What you mean you don’t need all 6 gears. This is Mad Max racing sir. Race to the death !!!

And don’t tell the fellow above me that a win is a win. He thinks .2 doesn’t matter. Lol.

I know a lot of fellows that spend big bucks on .2.

But I digress. The truth is the reason sticks are used in racing is because they are the only ones that can take the abuse. Auto won’t hold up to John Force.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #55
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post

I know a lot of fellows that spend big bucks on .2.
Is their car still usable for every day driving or does it rattle your fillings out and make you deaf?

And how does the $20k they spend on cams, porting and polishing, maybe a low stall kit, and whatever else they do to get those .2 translate to the track?

It's not hard to knock .2 off a zero to sixty time or a quarter mile time. It just takes money. Any rich monkey can do it. You just need to hammer your right foot to the floor and wave goodbye.

Try cutting .2 off a track lap. This is where a manual wins every time and is a must.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #56
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Is their car still usable for every day driving or does it rattle your fillings out and make you deaf?

And how does the $20k they spend on cams, porting and polishing, maybe a low stall kit, and whatever else they do to get those .2 translate to the track?

It's not hard to knock .2 off a zero to sixty time or a quarter mile time. It just takes money. Any rich monkey can do it. You just need to hammer your right foot to the floor and wave goodbye.

Try cutting .2 off a track lap. This is where a manual wins every time and is a must.
whatever