#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #6413
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
I'll post a thread after work. I work till 8pm. I think I'll do LMR cause they do hands on and ipf doesnt datalog so how would we know the stock tune it comes with is the best. I believe trifecta can do jist the same as ipf if the tuner knows his knowledge with lmr should considering their pedigree
I'd love to see your results and your impressions once the car is tuned by LMR. I still have some time since I'm going to retune at the very end but I hate to say it but I have almost no faith in trifecta anymore. If it wasn't for the fact that LMR is actually doing the tuning, I'd have chosen to go with ipf already. Ipf told me that their data logging is coming soon so I'm going to wait until that and then make my decision. For now, I took out Vince's tune and am running it all stock.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #6414
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I'd love to see your results and your impressions once the car is tuned by LMR. I still have some time since I'm going to retune at the very end but I hate to say it but I have almost no faith in trifecta anymore. If it wasn't for the fact that LMR is actually doing the tuning, I'd have chosen to go with ipf already. Ipf told me that their data logging is coming soon so I'm going to wait until that and then make my decision. For now, I took out Vince's tune and am running it all stock.

Well I Get paid Friday so I'll set up a appointment this next week. I trust LMR cause if there isn't gains then im getting my money back of course. they promise gains so there better be gains hahaa.but aif ipf gets a Houston dealer then I'd rather try them. but I don't want to wait cause I know a tune will get me constant 13s. I'm stuck at 14.09 issh to 14.2
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #6415
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
Well I Get paid Friday so I'll set up a appointment this next week. I trust LMR cause if there isn't gains then im getting my money back of course. they promise gains so there better be gains hahaa.but aif ipf gets a Houston dealer then I'd rather try them. but I don't want to wait cause I know a tune will get me constant 13s. I'm stuck at 14.09 issh to 14.2
I'm not really all that comfortable with the IPf tune until they come out with data logging. How will the judge everything is right without reviewing the cars parameters. Even then AFR can't be read over OBD so it won't be as accurate as a dyno.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #6416
lscamaro

Honestly I don't mind it. They seem to be extremely knowledgeable, especially Arno. I love reading his posts because he really knows his stuff. So I'm sure they can dial it in pretty close. It's the same process janetty uses for the v8 and they're easily one of the best at what they do. They also usually dial in a tune without a datalog. That being said, I do want a dyno tune so if LMR gets good gains, I'll be going with them for the peace of mind that everything is dialed in

Old 07-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #6417
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Honestly I don't mind it. They seem to be extremely knowledgeable, especially Arno. I love reading his posts because he really knows his stuff. So I'm sure they can dial it in pretty close. It's the same process janetty uses for the v8 and they're easily one of the best at what they do. They also usually dial in a tune without a datalog. That being said, I do want a dyno tune so if LMR gets good gains, I'll be going with them for the peace of mind that everything is dialed in
Oh no I agree I was just stating one of my concerns. From the results shown IPF is the way to go even more so now with the new price. I have lost all confidence in trifecta seeing that every modded V6 has simply had problems and has stated that their car runs better without it
Old 07-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #6418
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Oh no I agree I was just stating one of my concerns. From the results shown IPF is the way to go even more so now with the new price. I have lost all confidence in trifecta seeing that every modded V6 has simply had problems and has stated that their car runs better without it
Definitely. The mail order trifecta is bad. Lets see what LMR does with it.

Ipf does look good though

Old 07-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #6419
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Definitely. The mail order trifecta is bad. Lets see what LMR does with it.

Ipf does look good though
Yea I'm glad I didn't get it last year. I was close to ordering it when my car was running rich but finally found the cause to be a faulty catch can
Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #6420
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
What is your source for that info Tracy? Seems like J_Vibe will know if they use trifecta to tune the LLT since he has been in direct communication with LMR very recently
Called and talked to them this morning, they said they only do LFX with HP Tuners. I told them about the thread here and they said "News to me". Only passing on what they told me when I called (unless there is another Late Model Racecraft, LMR).
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #6421
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Called and talked to them this morning, they said they only do LFX with HP Tuners. I told them about the thread here and they said "News to me". Only passing on what they told me when I called (unless there is another Late Model Racecraft, LMR).
Interesting. Jvibe and I both called today as well and talked to them. They definitely use trifecta. We talked for awhile and they definitely know what they're talking about and know the tuning issues with the LLT so it's hard to believe they said they didn't do tuning for the LLT. They also told me they bought the tuning suite from trifecta, knew about the overly sensitive knock sensors, and have tuned more than a few LLTs already.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #6422
lscamaro

Just spoke with the ipf rep and apparently theirs an ipf dealer here in San Antonio!!!!!! Wooo!!!! Looks like I'll be going with them barring some massive gains from LMR.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #6423
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Just spoke with the ipf rep and apparently theirs an ipf dealer here in San Antonio!!!!!! Wooo!!!! Looks like I'll be going with them barring some massive gains from LMR.
Nice. I got Matt From FSP that is a 4 hour drive away but sometimes he makes the trip to Panama City which is only about 2 hours from me
Old 07-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #6424
lscamaro

Matt is actually coming to Houston but I wanted to get the headers installed first which wasn't going to happen with the amount of time I had. It's nice knowing that theirs a shop that can do it in my area though. Plus it's a bonus that they're easily one of the best out there

Old 07-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #6425
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Matt is actually coming to Houston but I wanted to get the headers installed first which wasn't going to happen with the amount of time I had. It's nice knowing that theirs a shop that can do it in my area though. Plus it's a bonus that they're easily one of the best out there
Nice. Like I stated on one of the earlier pages. I want a Dyno tune but they make me nervous. Anytime I think of having my car on the Dyno I was have a thought in the back of my head that the motor is gonna blow.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #6426
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
A good way to know your engine will be ok, is have them read air/fuel. And/or buy an afr gauge. With the first pull, go WOT, but keep an eye out for your AFR. As long as you are not lean or super duper rich, your car will be fine. Just like going WOT on the streets.