Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
how to post a pic

I'm sure this is somewhere on this forum. Heads up, i actually searched. Whether i searched the correct way or not, i can't tell you lol. I even googled, but all i got was a way to upload the pic on some sort of cloud website, and then put the link in your comment to the pic.

But i want to know how you guys attach the pics right into the comment
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
Hit Go Advanced and than hit the paperclip find the file that you want to upload and upload it.
Attached Images

Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
I'm sure this is somewhere on this forum. Heads up, i actually searched. Whether i searched the correct way or not, i can't tell you lol. I even googled, but all i got was a way to upload the pic on some sort of cloud website, and then put the link in your comment to the pic.

But i want to know how you guys attach the pics right into the comment
If you are making a quick reply (ie, you aren't making a new thread or haven't clicked [] -just replying at the bottom of the thread), click [Go Advanced].

If you are quoting someone or making a new thread, it defaults to the advanced editor.

Once in the advanced editor you will see a paperclip in the top row of icons above the text entry space (). Click it, and it you can upload pictures into your post. They won't show up when your are editing your post, but they will be there afterward. You can also use this attachment feature to add other file types such as PDFs or text documents, if you ever need to. There are size limits for any file you attach, the details are listed in the Manage Attachements popup. Just a heads up in case it doesn't work (this website is more than a decade old ... pictures were a lot smaller back then). If it is too big, you can either shrink them down yourself & try again, or upload them to an image hosting site & link to them.

Once you have your pictures uploaded, they will by default be show at the bottom of your post in the order that you uploaded them. That is how 99.99% of uploaded pictures get posted on the site. But if you want, it is possible to put them anywhere. With your pics uploaded, click the little downward triangle to the right of the paperclip. Select the image you want and it will appear wherever you left the cursor in the text box. Like right after this line:
Name:  image-placeholder-500x500.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  9.3 KB

In the editor it will show up as [ATTAC H]<number>[/ATTACH] instead of the picture itself. Now I've got an uploaded image inside my post instead of at the bottom. This can be extremely handy if you want to explain multiple images in a single post (like if you're doing a how-to)

Hope that helps.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
Big help! thanks guys
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom And Cheryl View Post
Hit Go Advanced and than hit the paperclip find the file that you want to upload and upload it.
If you read the last 2 lines of DGthe3's post you can get rid of the box line around your picture.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:47 AM   #6
Sickofsc

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
learning too
Attached Images

Sickofsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #7
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Is there a reason why Mobil can only attach 1 pic at a time? I even use the desktop site on my phone and can only attach 1 photo per pst.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:57 PM   #8
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If you read the last 2 lines of DGthe3's post you can get rid of the box line around your picture.
I am learning also and I didn't even see the box lines until you pointed them out. Thanks
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:03 PM   #9
Camaroesq

Drives: C6 Z06
New to me 2SS

Picked this 2019 2ss up a few months ago with 3,200 miles on the clock.
Attached Images

Camaroesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 11:58 PM   #10
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote