Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #15
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I'm glad GM reversed its course and did the gen5 and also that Chevy Performance is building such well sorted, quality cars. All the previous Camaros had serious technical limits.

It would be cool to see the concept proposal for the Camaro that never was. The car that was voted down when the Camaro was retired after 02.
I agree!
Old 10-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #16
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I'm glad GM reversed its course and did the gen5 and also that Chevy Performance is building such well sorted, quality cars. All the previous Camaros had serious technical limits.

It would be cool to see the concept proposal for the Camaro that never was. The car that was voted down when the Camaro was retired after 02.
Wasn't the Camaro supposed to be built on the same platform as the first gen CTS?
Old 10-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #17
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Wasn't the Camaro supposed to be built on the same platform as the first gen CTS?
I recall Number3 saying that also and found this (below). Sigma platform. Looks like it was Cadillac only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You must have been hearing what you were hoping for. If GM knew it hadn't even started a new Camaro they would never have said "next year". They would have been 4 years out at best.

I'll defer to Fbodfather as to whether he was ever out there saying "next year".

There was a 5th gen in the works. Poor 4th gen sales just tanked any chance it had. It did give Cadillac a great sedan though.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote