Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #15
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Chrome , Why GM feels a need to just place it anywhere and in odd random places ?
No twin turbo V6 , They have it and refused to use it on their most popular sports car .
And that God awful Gold bowtie ,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #16
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1since93 View Post
I'm buying a 2016 SS and plan to be a long time owner, so community involvement is import to me.

Unfortunately, in recent years car forums have become paid salesmen and cheerleaders for manufacturers and they are censoring and banning anyone, even long time members and owners, for speaking honestly and intelligently about poor decisions made by manufacturers and shortcomings of new models.

I'd hate to be another casualty for being honest. So, I'll just bite my tongue about the shortcomings of the 2016 SS and the options that GM is not offering, that other global manufacturers are. I used to only own GM vehicles. But, because of the lack of certain options, I have had to add imports to my garage that I now split time driving with my GM cars.
But, I am extremely excited for my new $35lk SS, and look forward to shifting gears with a clutch every clear and warm day I want to.

Are you evoshift on autoblog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #17
HuJass

Drives: GM
First off, let me say that I like the car. GM did a great job.

With that said, these are the things I wish they did a little different.

- I wish the fender line dove downwards as it travels front to rear. It's snuggled too close to the belt line reveal molding making the car look a little too flat (horizontal) right there.
- I wish the bottom of the rear quarter window was a little lower (to reduce the gap between the window and the rear shoulder line) and parallel to the beginning of the rear shoulder line.
- I wish some of the lines were made more crisp. The midline can be seen when the lighting is right but fades away when it's not. I'd like to see a little more definition there. And I wish the transition from the body to the wheel opening flare was creased. That would give the car a more muscular look.
- The dashboard is a little chunky/clunky. Like it's a plastic module just hung on the firewall. I would have liked to see it smoothed out and better integrated into the interior. The same goes for the door panels & console. Just need some smoothing.

Oh, and where's the 1LE?!?!?
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:36 PM   #18
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
gas filler location is odd
Old 05-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #19
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
My gripes are that it comes in anything but a V8 and manual MAN PEDAL awww yeah
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:44 PM   #20
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
First off, let me say that I like the car. GM did a great job.

With that said, these are the things I wish they did a little different.

- I wish the fender line dove downwards as it travels front to rear. It's snuggled too close to the belt line reveal molding making the car look a little too flat (horizontal) right there.
- I wish the bottom of the rear quarter window was a little lower (to reduce the gap between the window and the rear shoulder line) and parallel to the beginning of the rear shoulder line.
- I wish some of the lines were made more crisp. The midline can be seen when the lighting is right but fades away when it's not. I'd like to see a little more definition there. And I wish the transition from the body to the wheel opening flare was creased. That would give the car a more muscular look.
- The dashboard is a little chunky/clunky. Like it's a plastic module just hung on the firewall. I would have liked to see it smoothed out and better integrated into the interior. The same goes for the door panels & console. Just need some smoothing.

Oh, and where's the 1LE?!?!?
1LE just like 5th gen will be released several years down the road calm your horses
Old 05-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #21
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
1LE just like 5th gen will be released several years down the road calm your horses
Doubt that, 1le will likely be available by 2017 MY. We already seen a model with a large front splitter testing at the ring, probably the 1le.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #22
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
The car is starting to grow on me slowly, but for the life of me, the badge location simply never will. I mean, that's an incredibly minor thing to change just before production of the cars begins over the next few months so shipments arrive by the end of 2015. They claim the SS badges are the only thing left from the outgoing model, and ironically, this is the only thing that looks out of place. Hopefully they will find a better solution. Otherwise, I can see most people debadging their rides. IMO, that could be a good thing. If you know what RS snd SS signify, you probably know there are much bigger obvious visual cues that tell you what trim it is anyway, so it's not really necessary.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #23
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Doubt that, 1le will likely be available by 2017 MY. We already seen a model with a large front splitter testing at the ring, probably the 1le.
sooner the better
Old 05-17-2015, 09:01 PM   #24
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
The car is starting to grow on me slowly, but for the life of me, the badge location simply never will. I mean, that's an incredibly minor thing to change just before production of the cars begins over the next few months so shipments arrive by the end of 2015. They claim the SS badges are the only thing left from the outgoing model, and ironically, this is the only thing that looks out of place. Hopefully they will find a better solution. Otherwise, I can see most people debadging their rides. IMO, that could be a good thing. If you know what RS snd SS signify, you probably know there are much bigger obvious visual cues that tell you what trim it is anyway, so it's not really necessary.
Sorry dont want people confusing my v8 with trash v4
Old 05-17-2015, 09:05 PM   #25
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Sorry dont want people confusing my v8 with trash v4
V4 LOL.....
Old 05-17-2015, 09:14 PM   #26
jhempsrt4

Drives: braaaaap
Push button parking brake is a bummer.
jhempsrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #27
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
the fact that such a thread is even needed, LOL. Love it....98% anyways.

not sure I can easily fit my golf clubs yet :P
Learning from experience. No matter what, there will always be some people that are unhappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1since93 View Post
Unfortunately, in recent years car forums have become paid salesmen and cheerleaders for manufacturers and they are censoring and banning anyone, even long time members and owners, for speaking honestly and intelligently about poor decisions made by manufacturers and shortcomings of new models.
If what you're saying is true, I could never make a thread like this -I would have ban myself (which I think is a technical impossibility)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:33 PM   #28
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
oh joy