Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 03-05-2015, 09:38 AM   #57
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Yup! It's funny how ppl was complaining about the Camaro weight and size on here and from the mustang ppl! But the 15 mustang got bigger and heavier ! GM is going smaller and lighter but the mustang is at a high and selling like hot cakes. So GM isn't making sense with going smaller and worried about weight because I thought that they were in it for sells! GM said they didn't want to change much from the successful 5th Gen because of its success . Yet , they're making it smaller forget the weight part but smaller?
I don't think the Mustang is selling so well because it got heavier. Most people here have complained that the Camaro is a tank since it came out, but now freaking out because it may get too small and light.

I don't want to see the interior get any smaller, but the Camaro is a bit of a boat. I think smaller outside dimensions is a good thing, I just hope they improve the packaging and preserve interior space.

If you are bummed it's too light you can always add weight. I've got some really heavy mufflers if you want them.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 AM   #58
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
I honestly don't see how people can judge the new gen6 by that one picture!!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #59
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
I don't think the Mustang is selling so well because it got heavier. Most people here have complained that the Camaro is a tank since it came out, but now freaking out because it may get too small and light.

I don't want to see the interior get any smaller, but the Camaro is a bit of a boat. I think smaller outside dimensions is a good thing, I just hope they improve the packaging and preserve interior space.

If you are bummed it's too light you can always add weight. I've got some really heavy mufflers if you want them.
Im worried about the interior. I am not a small guy but when I sat in a ATS at the auto show I felt so cramped and tight I hated it. I hope the Camaro feels roomier
Old 03-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #60
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
I just hope that spoiler is a place holder. Not that I will be getting a '16 as mine is only 10 months old, but still.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #61
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
I kind of like it front what I can tell. I think it seems to fit in with Chevy's new design language, kind of how Ford made the Mustang look like a "2 door Fusion".
Old 03-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #62
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Well, from that picture, the original one, there's not enough to make a real decision. Photoshopped pics just distort the proportions and that makes it even harder to judge.

So, I look at the original pic and ask myself, "If I were looking out my window at night, and that were my car, does it make me want to go for a drive?" Right now, the answer to that question is yes, it does.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #63
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Can't wait for the 16s to hit the dealerships. The new car will cause people to trade their current cars in. This will over saturate the market with used 5th gens and dropping them in price. Hoping I can pick up a used 2010 SS for about 15K this time next year since I might not be able to wait two years to pick up a 2014 1LE
Old 03-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #64
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Give it some time! It's still early.

I remember before the Gen 5 came out, some people were skeptical too and they weren't sure if they would like it.

The look of cars grow on people quickly! ( there are a few that don't work )

JT
Old 03-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #65
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
If you want big hp, there will be a big grille opening.

HP = heat = air flow needs.

To spin that hint of what we are seeing positively.... looks like we are seeing plans for big hp. I like it. And if the masses don't lilke it, bigger rebate for me.

Spoiler wise, I think if you look at what is happening in the industry, more of a move toward function than just looks. If you look at the aero packages on C7's, Z06 C7, Z28... your'e seeing aero spoiler elements that actually function to reduce high speed lift. Instead of just a cosmetic piece.

From what I see.... Power and Speed. Build mine medium blue.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #66
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftgreen View Post
I just hope that spoiler is a place holder. Not that I will be getting a '16 as mine is only 10 months old, but still.
I definitely wouldn't lose any sleep over that. Even if that is a production spoiler it would only be one of many. How many different GM spoilers are there for Gen5? I lost count. Then there are all the aftermarket spoilers as well.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #67
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm going to tell you this much -

This was the original image:
Name:  IMG_3307-652x367.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  63.1 KB

So I would strongly advise against judging the design just yet...because all we can truly tell from the silhouette is that the car has a long hood, raised spoiler, and "shoulders" on the rear quarter.

Well that, and apparently is has headlights, and foglights again.

What's been posted is an over-exposed, high contrast, and likely doctored image to attempt to "see into the black."

You can't.

I think some of the lower grille area went "missing" when the contrast was adjusted, resulting in that look of an "overbite".

As has been said in the past....too many times to count.....

Never forget

and, Keep the Faith
Old 03-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #68
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Good example - When I first saw the refresh I hated it in the video at New York (I think). But then I saw one at the dealership in person and was super sold. Until you see a Gen 6 up close and test drive one, how can anyone say they do or don't like it???
Old 03-05-2015, 12:01 PM   #69
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Good example - When I first saw the refresh I hated it in the video at New York (I think). But then I saw one at the dealership in person and was super sold. Until you see a Gen 6 up close and test drive one, how can anyone say they do or don't like it???
Exactly.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #70
xcfggf

Drives: ford
Tough to make a call with that picture, but that front end.. Not impressed.

Closed Thread