Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #15
one R

Drives: 2017 1ss
i was a person who was looking for a v6 1le package car . for 2 of the reasons that had been already brought to the fore front 1 insurance and 2 gas millage . I had contacted GM to see about any in my area . I was told the closest one was in Indianapolis and I was asked if it was OK for that dealer to contact me , I said sure ......... never heard a word back . I wanted all the SS goodies without the mpg or higher insurance rates .
I convinced myself that at the age im at with my decent driving record that the 6 1le was not going to be much of a difference then the ss.
for the first 1000+ miles or so of owning the ss I was really taking a hit on the mpg ( break in keeping it under 4k rpm ) but the millage has gotten better , not to a level of good but within the realm of what the EPA stickers claim ( not bad really for a 6.2 v8 6spd so no cylinder deactivation ).
The last point that made decide to go with the SS dealers have them in stock and are willing to do some negotiating on price . so i probably paid about the same for my SS that I would have paid for the v6 1le
one R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #16
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
yeah..closest v6 1LEs are like 85-100 miles away...

interesting to note here: i used to work at my local dealer and they are family owned...the owner told me straight up that he will get me rock bottom on anything i want because they just wanna move volume for new vehicles. keep in mind...dealerships make all their money off service...not sales...so theres a lot more room to negotiate price then most people think...

i dont care for leather...so if i go SS itll be 1SS...i like the spectrum lighting but its not a deal maker/breaker...NPP is an absolute must...as is M6...despite the autos performing better

this is gunna be a lifetime keeper for me...although a lease to begin with...i suspect ill track it maybe once or twice a year at the local road course nearby...but no competition or club racing

i love the look of the 1LE on both cars...nightfall gray or black 1LE in either trim just looks mean...ive been on the fence about hyper blue since day 1..(my 5th gen was ABM and drew ALOT of attention)...imho...the 6th gen draws a lot of attention in any color because again as with the 5th gen...it doesnt look like anything else on the road

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:43 PM   #17
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Op I can't give you much of an opinion without being biased. If you don't care about straight line performance, sound, and bragging rights get the V6 1Le. I'm in Houston Tx with lots of open roads and a huge street racing scene so for me I'd rather a 1ss 8. Do your homework and drive both then make your decision.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:48 PM   #18
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
V8 all day, everyday including Sunday

IF.. you could swing a SS 1LE, the insurance is the same as a 1SS.

If you can't afford the car you want... wait a few months, or even a year to save for a larger down payment. NOTHING is worst than paying payments on a car you hate.
WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #19
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
I tell you, with the interest rate i got. Keep in mind im 23 i think my credit is somewhere in the 750 range. I had very good interest. I put 20k down. For the remaining 30k financed over 4 years, i think i'm paying a total of 4 grand in interest over the 4 years. That's besides the fact that you can make more payments and pay it off earlier. I plan on paying it in about 3 1/2 years
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #20
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWAXU View Post
V8 all day, everyday including Sunday

IF.. you could swing a SS 1LE, the insurance is the same as a 1SS.

If you can't afford the car you want... wait a few months, or even a year to save for a larger down payment. NOTHING is worst than paying payments on a car you hate.
I know exactly how that feels once upon a time!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #21
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
This may be helpful:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471741
With my 2SS used as a daily driver I am hovering right around 19-20 mpg. That is having a little fun with it every day, but by no means utilizing the full potential. If the V6 can average 26 mpg, that's a 30% improvement over what I get (and my number seems to be a reasonable real world mpg from what I have read here). 30% is significant. Also important is that the V6 is tuned to get that 335 HP from 87 octane. Premium is not recommended or required for that motor. It is for the V8. If you drive a lot, these costs add up.

2010CamaroRS, you said you would track the car occasionally. How would you use it the majority of the time? How many miles per week?
ctrlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #22
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

casual friday car...weekends..joyrides...occasional car shows...daytrips with the wife...no snow driving...miles per week? maybe 100-200

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 03-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #23
inramana
rawpoly

Drives: Hyper blue 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
casual friday car...weekends..joyrides...occasional car shows...daytrips with the wife...no snow driving...miles per week? maybe 100-200
Doesn't sound enough miles to make a difference gas mileage wise.

I would get the SS.

Been in a similar situation. In 2010 it was the 2LT or a 1SS. Went for the 2LT thinking I would be happy with the V6. Regretted it every single time I saw or heard a V8.

This time I did it right. Manual 1SS with NPP. Couldn't be happier.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #24
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

yeah...lets hope my dealer sticks to their word so my payment doesnt force me into a part time job...although...if it does...at least ill have a sweet ass ride to get there in

Old 03-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #25
inramana
rawpoly

Drives: Hyper blue 1SS M6
Quote:
yeah...lets hope my dealer sticks to their word so my payment doesnt force me into a part time job...although...if it does...at least ill have a sweet ass ride to get there in
Hmmm, if you put it like that. Get the cheapest car you can without eating into your finances.

I don't think either of them is enough to make me take extra work. And I love cars with a singular passion.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:49 PM   #26
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
...this is gunna be a lifetime keeper for me...
if this is true, then of course you would need the V8.... the V6 won't be a liftetime keeper

but it sounds like a stretch for you to get this car right now so.... i'm not gonna preach to you on that except to recommend that you that into consideration as well....
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #27
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
If you have to think about it then the V6 1LE is probably what you want.
I would never even consider anything other than the SS.
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #28
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP in the long run if you are considering both I would go SS. Over the years I have seen so many threads saying I wish I got the SS. Not saying a v6 or T4 buyer will regret thier decision, but if a V8 is in your sights up front I would go for it up front.

If you can appreciate the pull in your gut of a 455 hp V8 in a 3,700 lb car, it is pure fun and it comes with the V6 1LE suspension, cooling, and brakes. And if you get the manual you might see 30+ on the highway, but teens around town. And even the 1SS is very well equipped. I would get MGRC and NPP. Both make the SS more versatile.