Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #29
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Data is king which is why Google stock is near $1,000 per share. They don't MAKE anything. But they do gather data.

As I've mentioned, Amazon knows when you are going to buy something simply by your mouse position and hovering time on an item.

I am pretty sure that if you average the speed of Camaros in a zip code it will simply average out as the average speed of Camaros. I could be wrong, but GM isn't selling anyone YOUR data.

Yep

Not sure what "with all the advanced safety features" means to you, but OnStar is one of those advanced safety features.

If you want to count on someone else calling or that someone else is around, cool. You are correct, many times that is the case.................and many more it is not. That's the service. If you want to count on others to call great. But if you look into EMS, you will find in many cases seconds DO matter. For me, it's $15 per month for the piece of mind. I get it if you don't need it.
The car has 8 airbags and a safety cage. If I’m in an accident so severe those safety features are rendered useless, seconds won’t matter. I’ll be dead the second the remains of my car and myself come to a rest.

With modern cars, more people survive accidents but there are far fewer “in betweens”. You’ll either survive or the accident is so bad all the safety features in the world and an ambulance right behind you won’t save you.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:53 AM   #30
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
At some point in time insurance companies will require you to plug in a tracking device in your OBD port or they will not insure you. It's coming.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:33 AM   #31
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
At some point in time insurance companies will require you to plug in a tracking device in your OBD port or they will not insure you. It's coming.
I think the end of personal car ownership is gonna happen way before that.

Once cars drive themselves, it'll be made financially impractical to drive your own car. At that point, owning your own car wont really make any sense. the rise of car on-demand service industry will replace owning a car. Only the super rich would be able to justify owning their own car anymore.

That's the future that will happen because financially that's the most optimal setup. Your car sits doing nothing but losing value over 90% of it's existence for the vast majority of people. If we assume the cost of living will continue to rise while the wage gap between the rich and everyone else continues to grow, it's inevitable.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote