Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Won against a 5th gen?

I went to a small local show yesterday in my small town, when I pull in there was a jewel tint 5th gen sitting there. Kewl one of the dealers brought a 5h gen. (was I wrong) I went to go sign in & the announcer asked a question " What color is this 2010 Corvette??" I looked around & there were a couple C3 vettes but no C6 vette on the lot So I laugh he was talking about the Camaro.

I walk up & say Jewel tint Red lol I won a DOUNUT. lol.

Anyways I put in my class (pony class) There were 5 camaros in my class (out of 13 of the ones that were part of the show), a 1st gen (thats the guys daily driver) a late 2nd gen, My 71 camaro, a 4th gen that wasnt even clean day of show, & the 5th gen along with 2 mustangs as well.

Well as the day went on I met up with people I either knew from work or knew from car shows or just worked with in the past.

I saw some of the shows heads come over Look at my car & point & say thats one of them??????? Ok then they came out & went back about 10 times. Tie????? I dont know. they were handing out trophies. One guy was reading it off & one was annoucing them. I heard the guy read off 71 camaro (well I was the only 71 camaro there) & I took 2nd place, I laughed because Zhawk was on base working. lol.
1st place was called & it was one of the mustangs & was Shocked totally that the 5th gen wasnt called. But They award that car a speical award since she just bought it 6 days before the show.

She should join here, since i told her about this site.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Car shows are fine if u want to meet cool people and talk about your car but if its for winning i dont care for it as ive seen guys who's cars are very average but win cause there buddies with the judge's so its pointless. Take it to the track people's opinion dont mean squat there its about the car and the driver period.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Car shows are fine if u want to meet cool people and talk about your car but if its for winning i dont care for it as ive seen guys who's cars are very average but win cause there buddies with the judge's so its pointless. Take it to the track people's opinion dont mean squat there its about the car and the driver period.
I go to car shows for fun & to support the groups that put them on (since I even put shows on myself) not for winning if I win then hey thats puts another good thing in the day. other than that I can careless.

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
i like shows to see all the hot rods and folks like me. we had a real small show here in town yesterday.

we were gonna go just to drive thru and steal the attention from the 09' Stang and Chally SRT8......but never got the yardwork done in time to go before it rained.

doubt we'll ever show ours. we have a weekend coming up here where on Saturday night there's cruise night where folks drive around a huge park we have. theres parking right off the street on one side where everyone parks to show off their rides.

same night, about a half mile down the road, our local Crime Stoppers blocks off a road and sponsors a burnout pit. $5 and u came smoke em' in frnt of the cops! this is right next to a huge parking lot where folks park em'.......and obviously this turns into a mini show also as there's a beer tent on the premises.

then the following day (Sunday) is our annual huge car show called Autorama (http://www.beloitautorama.com).

anyone plan on coming to Beloit that weekend (Sept 19th and 20th)..........shoot me a PM......

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

as I said I couldnt beleive I won against a 5th gen, I mean those things were kewl. & a roush mustang??? come on I would have thought one of those two would have taken the class.
But I am proud of my 2nd place. Even though its Dan's car lol.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
as I said I couldnt beleive I won against a 5th gen, I mean those things were kewl. & a roush mustang??? come on I would have thought one of those two would have taken the class.
But I am proud of my 2nd place. Even though its Dan's car lol.
That is pretty sketchy. I intend to hit up a few shows with mine. I'm hoping that the custom work I put into mine draws more than a little attention for my small, growing car club.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote