Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #29
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
My two pet peeves are the placement of the power outlet/cigarette lighter and the steering wheel volume controls on the right side of the wheel ... I never use them because my right hand is usually near or on the shifter ... but that’s nitpicking ... the car is incredible....
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:39 PM   #30
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Zero complaints. I love everything especially the elbow rest, 24-color lighting, heads up display, heated steering wheel, remote start....

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:18 AM   #31
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman8373 View Post
So you can knock it out of gear when you go to grab your drink (or your clumsy passenger at the least.) No thanks, cupholders are positioned perfectly IMO.
Had multiple cars with this setup and never once has my car been knocked out of gear. Just can’t be an idiot I guess?
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:30 AM   #32
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I'm 5'10", no issues for me. Maybe I just adjusted to the car and because it is such a drivers car, maybe I just don't notice any ergonomics issues? I do think having an almost non-functional charging pad was strange...
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #33
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
It's interesting to think about how they did the placement of the window controls. Because they really don't have a whole lot of room to move them forward. The seated driving position is spot on, and I feel like I can get exactly in the right position to be close enough to the wheel and pedals. And in that position, there just is not a huge amount of real estate on the left door panel. The only way to change that would have been to pull the entire dash forward and leave the steering wheel where it is, giving in a longer shaft. And that probably would have messed up a few other things.
So does having the good driving position necessarily preclude good window control placement? Or could they have fixed it.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #34
Yuckfou

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Don't forget this knee buster. I rent the 6th Gen from time to time for work.

Attachment 924240
Not sure I'd go as far as knee buster but on long trips it's annoying. I know there is a leather piece for that but holy crap $300+ for those is robbery.

I don't like that I can't set the interior lights to not come on when the doors open.
Yuckfou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #35
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog9586 View Post
The stupidest engineering feat I’ve found on the Camaro is the wireless charger way back out of reach and mostly flat. One turn of a corner and you’ll be pulling over to the side of the road to dig it out from under a seat. But if you stop and think about it none of it matters since in GM’s lack of wisdom it don’t meet the wireless rules so for 99% of us it don’t work anyway.
99%??? Don't think so. Maybe GM doesn't want idiot drivers dicking with their phones instead of paying attention to the road. Would have been better in the center of the back seat. To many morons on their phones as is.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #36
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog9586 View Post
But if you stop and think about it none of it matters since in GM’s lack of wisdom it don’t meet the wireless rules so for 99% of us it don’t work anyway.
oh the irony...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
99%??? Don't think so. Maybe GM doesn't want idiot drivers dicking with their phones instead of paying attention to the road. Would have been better in the center of the back seat. To many morons on their phones as is.
plus there are two usb plugs. very comfortable car

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:42 AM   #37
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
I’m a little surprised to see this...for my seating position, the window controls, drive mode, and parking brake fall right where I want them. No need to consciously move my arms rearward to reach them. I’m 5’11 and my seat is back a bit more than 3/4 full travel and seat back is almost fully reclined ( but not quite).

I do agree the center console compartment is awkward to open/access and not much room in there, but I can fit my iPhone 6 Plus or my Android LG V20 in there.
Same.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:13 AM   #38
ExCrystal

Drives: 2017 2SS NGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Couldn't you just pull out the wireless charging pad and replace it with the cubby from the 1LS/1SS? Or is it more involved than that.
+1
ExCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:38 AM   #39
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
[QUOTE=GM Lifer;10108473]My list of ergonomic gripes: on the center

2. With my right elbow resting on the cup holders and my hand on the shifter, it's easy to unintentionally hit the drive mode button and change drive modes.

When I had my 17 1SS M6 that I swapped out for 17 2SS A8 my wrist used to press the switch and inadvertently change the magnetic ride and TC settings. This placement makes no sense because that is exactly where you would rest your arm for shifting. My Gen 5 M6 had the traction control button IN FRONT of the shifter. In that location you will never accidentally press it.

The center console is easy. just reach over the compartment like you are hugging the console door under your arm then reach in comfortably.

Where the window controls should be is where the power seat memory buttons are in the 2SS. But if you have a 1SS that space is empty

Thank god the sun visors slide back when placed at the driver's window in the GEN 6. The GEN 5 had these fixed visors that wouldn't move. Even when you pivoted them to the driver's side window you would still have the sun in your eyes.

Hey could somebody please tell me how to copy quotes in the blue bubble when replying to a post? Thanks!
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:56 AM   #40
solarstingray

Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
not very premium interior, now Volvo very nice,

I wish the infotainment screen would not point down !!
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:26 AM   #41
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
After 500 miles, something is just really sticking out to me about the interior.
Now, I love the materials, it feels premium even in my 1SS trim. I like the screen, the HVAC controls, the air vents, the wheel, and guages are great.

But I feel like the window controls, the drive mode selector, and parking brake, are too far back. Like very noticeably.

If I want to use the window controls, I have to consciously move my left elbow backwards, awkwardly, and it feels like there isn't enough room to get in there and use the window buttons. Same thing with the stuff in the center console.

It's really annoying. Still love the car, but how did they miss this? Or is there some larger ergonomic issue at stake here, that they had to make that sacrifice?

I've never been in a car ever, where this has happened.

I couldn't agree more with the window controls. Maybe it's better for really tall people (I'm average height) .
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:53 AM   #42
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Yeah ok. I find the interiors on Hondas pretty terrible and overrated
They did cheapen the interiors a couple years back but after many complaints upgraded the interiors. We have a 2018 Touring model which is their upscale model like the 2SS and I can tell you the materials are much better than the Camaro 2 SS.

Last edited by craigss50; 03-16-2018 at 11:38 AM.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote