Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #43
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
First Video

Last edited by Burly; 02-25-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:29 PM   #44
Xsnydx

Drives: F1FTY 2SS M6
Sweet! I'm looking to have mine on early next week!
Xsnydx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:42 PM   #45
Baker

Drives: 2010 camaro RS,2017 camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burly View Post
Why would you put background music on the video? Takes away from the exhaust.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:16 PM   #46
Burly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Why would you put background music on the video? Takes away from the exhaust.
I am a video creating newbie but in no way does the audio quality reflect the true sound of the exhaust. I'll make another with no music.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:23 PM   #47
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Either way the cutouts will blow the video microphone so won't really be able to tell anything anyway... Congrats on getting it done! Bet they sound awesome in person
Old 02-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #48
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I've been trying to get a video up but since nobody wants to help me, it'll have to wait. Sometimes I want to scream "HELP" because people are so about themselves. I need help with the FINAL INSTALL! I'm basically there and nobody seems to care yet people want a video. If you want a video, I need help!

I have all the wires in the trunk ready for the final patch which is connecting the red wire to a 12volt source. The simple truth is, I'm not good with wires! I've tried MULTIPLE PLACES and it seems like everyone out here wimps out and refuses the job.

The only guy that was willing wanted over 700 bucks just to install the red positive to a source! I know that common sense would say the BATTERY but here's my dilemma. If I install the red positive to the Battery, what type of INLINE FUSE would I need? I purchased a 20AMP, but i'm not sure if this would do the car no good or what?

I think if I remember correctly somebody said a 10AMP which they never had and this is why I went with a 20 amp fuse. Please somebody help who has them or knows this stuff! I'm really getting annoyed because it's been over a month .....I would of had a video up and running already.

I just need some insight! Again

Need to connect to a positive source (12v). I understand that there is a built in FUSE underneath the DRIVERS SEAT of our 2016/17 Camaros but I'm unable to get to that location TORX (I don't have the tools).

How do I access the SIDE BATTERY? What part would I need to purchase to connect to the battery? The parts provided didn't seem right? They seem like they would go underneath the seat? The part that I need I can get at a supply store to CRIMP? Not sure...Please help.
Email Steve with NoWeeds, he responds fast, he answered my question about going wireless.
stevekoenig@noweeds.net

Good luck, bro. I'll be saving up a bit to get after i pay my taxes. I'll post up the results of the wireless set up.

Also, Burly: just a tip, when making exhaust clips, leave out the music, and put the camera/mic minor distance away from the exhaust, otherwise the mic will be overwhelmed and not capture all the frequencies, just the louder ones.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #49
Burly

Here is the raw video, nothing added.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:00 AM   #50
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Does sound way better than with the background music
Old 02-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #51
Baker

Quote:
I would LOVE to hear a video of the car driving off in the different modes or at least a REV from a distance (rear side of vehicle facing the Camera).

Anyways hopefully I'll have everything done by TUESDAY.
It won't matter what mode the car is in will be the same as the noweeds are in front of the exhaust valves so it bypasses them.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:52 PM   #52
Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burly View Post
Here is the raw video, nothing added.

First allow me to apologize I didn't mean to sound like an ass before. I should have asked for a video with no sound.

Second Sounds absolutely amazing I plan on doing this in the future is that stock headers and midpipe?
Old 02-26-2017, 05:06 AM   #53
Burly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
First allow me to apologize I didn't mean to sound like an ass before. I should have asked for a video with no sound.

Second Sounds absolutely amazing I plan on doing this in the future is that stock headers and midpipe?
It's stock exhaust for now. I'll do LT headers later this spring. Should have some other vids later today.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:49 AM   #54
Burly

Quote:
Hey guys! I've decided that I'm going to attempt to connect the positive red/wire to the battery located in our 2016/17 Camaro Trunks (the battery located to the right). What I need to know is what is that piece called (when I go to an Auto Supply Store) that you would stick the wire inside of it, crimp it then connect the circle/loop onto the positive on the car battery?

Also I'm going to use an inline 10-amp fuse to connect one end to the other end as well.

1 - Will connecting the red wire to my car battery be a problem (like draining the battery) ????? Also would I need a specific size of this piece that goes onto the battery or are they all universal?

Called a Crimp Loop Connector...Just need to know what size I'd need or again are they universal? I really want to have a Video up for everyone from different angles! I got a GoPro5 coming guys with an external mic so once that arrives video will be uploaded.
Ring terminal, 10 amp inline fuse, soldered, shrink tube and wire conduit. It's recommended that the fuse be as close as possible to power source. I have noweeds controller directly connected to battery, not switched power source, and it's been about two weeks with no problem. I was concerned about battery drain but no problem so far and have had car sit for 3 days without starting.
Attached Images

Last edited by Burly; 03-03-2017 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #55
Burly

Quote:
Hi Burly. Is that a picture of the Battery located in the Trunk right side?

Also thanks for all your help man! ��
Under the hood.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #56
Xsnydx

Drives: F1FTY 2SS M6
Here are my video attempts. I still have all my cats intact.

https://youtu.be/kRcKIMyypnk

https://youtu.be/f4nfXhfQG_Q
Xsnydx is offline   Reply With Quote