Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-28-2014, 02:58 AM   #1
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Thinking about trading in

Thinking about trading in my 2011 1LT Camaro for a 2011 Camaro 2SS. They both have around the same miles and based on my research and what I owe on my car currently I would have around 12000 down on the SS and the payments would be around $140 cheaper if I financed it for the same amount of time as I did my 1LT. What I would do is keep paying the same payment that I am currently on the SS and pay it off around the same time I would be paying off the 1LT if not sooner. What do you think? I think that its a decent idea and in the long run the SS will be worth more then my 1LT whenever the time comes that I want another car down the road. The only thing that I would lose is all my mods which is a lot but they're mostly performance parts.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:21 AM   #2
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
You can never go wrong with an LS V8. You'd have my full backing.
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:11 AM   #3
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Sounds like an excellent idea. If you have the stock parts, you can pull the performance stuff and sell it. Then you'll have some cash to mod your new v8.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #4
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Thinking about trading in my 2011 1LT Camaro for a 2011 Camaro 2SS. They both have around the same miles and based on my research and what I owe on my car currently I would have around 12000 down on the SS and the payments would be around $140 cheaper if I financed it for the same amount of time as I did my 1LT. What I would do is keep paying the same payment that I am currently on the SS and pay it off around the same time I would be paying off the 1LT if not sooner. What do you think? I think that its a decent idea and in the long run the SS will be worth more then my 1LT whenever the time comes that I want another car down the road. The only thing that I would lose is all my mods which is a lot but they're mostly performance parts.
Are you saying that you would have to put $12k down in addition to your trade in? How much are you going to get for your 1LT in comparison to what you owe on it?

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #5
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
It sounds like you will be paying $12k to upgrade to the same car with V8. Same payments. Same duration. 4 year old car. I think you can get a newer SS for that if you shop around.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #6
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Just check closely, used car loans don't usually go for as long as new car loans, and/or the interest rate is frequently higher.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #7
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Shop around for the 20 % discount for end of year
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:01 AM   #8
c-57d

Drives: 14 2SS/RS Triple Black Ragtop LS3
Ok, I'll chime in a bit...
Keep the 1LT. In a few years get a newer SS, maybe a ZL1. Use the 1LT as a DD (daily driver). Or wait to see the 2016's and then decide. Oh yea, start saving now.
my 2¢
-s
c-57d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #9
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
If it's the color and options you want, go for it!

It would be nice if you could transfer some of the mods to the SS from your car that would be compatible so you don't have to buy them all over again.

This would offset some of your cost in the mod department. Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with an SS. Good luck in your decision!
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #10
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i dont understand the logic here really. trading for same car basically but a different engine. seems silly. yeah, i know the difference between a v6 and v8, but to me, if a person is going to make a move, why not a newer car with features, etc like Mylink, and warranty, etc. like one post said above, keep the 1 LT, wait for the 16s at this point and see if yiou like. if you dont, go for a 15 SS then.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #11
SCREAMING EAGLE

Drives: 2012 CAMARO 2SS 45TH,L99
You dont have to get everything you want ,but make sure you want everything you get.

No matter how you look at this it is not going to make sense financially. Try to limit the financial hit. Sell your present car privately. If not paying cash,seek financing from a Credit union. One presently with very good rate is the Pentagon F.C.U. In spite what you may hear,anyone can join for a small fee regardless of whether you are military or not. Just read the eligibility requirements on how to join on their website.

Shop private owners for the new vehicle but dont overrlook dealers. Private owners are often emotionally attached to their cars. Just review auto trader and you will see that. Most private owners want a fortune for ZL1 CARS AND MANY DEALERS ARE 3-5K lower tha private owners and now of course you have the 20% deal to consider. Good luck. Keep in mind that buying this car as with most is a looser. Just try to limit the damage.
SCREAMING EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #12
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
That depends on how many miles you have. If not many it could be good.

$12,000 is the list price difference between a 1LT and a 2SS in 2011. You should be looking for ~8K.
34k miles
Old 12-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #13
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
It sounds like you will be paying $12k to upgrade to the same car with V8. Same payments. Same duration. 4 year old car. I think you can get a newer SS for that if you shop around.
This. Owing money on a car that's already 3-4 years old and has 34k miles. I wouldn't do it.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #14
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i dont understand the logic here really. trading for same car basically but a different engine. seems silly. yeah, i know the difference between a v6 and v8, but to me, if a person is going to make a move, why not a newer car with features, etc like Mylink, and warranty, etc. like one post said above, keep the 1 LT, wait for the 16s at this point and see if yiou like. if you dont, go for a 15 SS then.
I traded my 13 BRM 1LT/RS with only 3k miles in a year and a half for my SS! Specifically wanted a 11 2SS/RS and I don't like the refresh taillights nor the front! The 2011 is the only year that had the retro Speedo numbers and HUD together! When I was looking in Decemberof 2012 I couldn'tfind a 11 2SS/RS And I didn't like the mylink in my 13! I made the dealer put a CD player in because I didn't want the car! Hahaha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Two different looking cars though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
This. Owing money on a car that's already 3-4 years old and has 34k miles. I wouldn't do it.
lol... I did it with more mileage ! Why not? Because these cars are built solid and if you want certain things than you might have to get a older one!

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 12-28-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote