Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #505
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmAnt13 View Post
You're not kidding my friend.

The whistle doesn't affect me. I just wanted to know in general for all who have different intakes.
And lets call it spade to spade, while this seems like a great attitude, its not. Its just money talking. Make and patent a known issue, then require you're product to be purchased to reap the benefits. No one does anything for the overall greater good anymore. Everything is just to line their pockets. Sorry, I'm sure you have a great reputation, but just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Let me guess, Bernie supporter?
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:16 PM   #506
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Now you are just bashing our product with false claims of a defective system? If you are so happy with your Roto-Fab then why are you spending time maliciously trying to discredit our products? This forum is supposed to be a constructive and friendly place for Camaro enthusiasts. We have answered your questions in a timely manner and all you do is criticize us, it really doesn't make sense. For the record, to date, 3% of our customers have requested the whistle eliminator part.

PS: We have sold thousands of truck systems and this is the first time that we have EVER heard about a whistle. Please register your product on our website then email us at support@coldairinductions.com with your serial number, full name and shipping address. Thanks
Now you've pi$$ed me off. I did NOT bash your Camaro CAI. I bashed your business practices. Maybe the word defective was not justified. Let's just say problematic. AND, I was just repeating what I read about it. Do a forum and Google search. You will find the same threads/posts and other info I found BEFORE I decided on a CAI. Criticizing you - maybe because you make a product (whistle eliminator) that is wanted by, and could possibly benefit, many consumers and then you limit distribution to CAI customers ONLY. That in itself indicates that your CAI is problematic (any maybe that others available are NOT).

It might have benefited you if you hadn't published the whistle eliminator information on an open forum. Contact your customers directly (that is a best business practice). The reason why only 3% have requested the whistle eliminator is probably because they don't know about it. Not everyone is a forum member. Or, maybe you are hoping they do not request the fix. I don't know for sure because I can't read your corporate minds.

As to the truck CAI. Several years ago I had a Silverado I bought at auction with 17,000 miles. One of the first things I did was add a CAI CAI. It whistled like no tomorrow when I was in any kind of enclosed space. Tunnel, sound deadening walls on highways, garage. Don't have the truck any longer so I can't register the CAI. However, I did contact your company at the time and got the 'I really don't give a crap about you - NO SATISFACTION AT ALL run-around'.

You have anything further cause I'm just gettin warmed up?
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:30 PM   #507
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
Now you've pi$$ed me off. I did NOT bash your Camaro CAI. I bashed your business practices. Maybe the word defective was not justified. Let's just say problematic. AND, I was just repeating what I read about it. Do a forum and Google search. You will find the same threads/posts and other info I found BEFORE I decided on a CAI. Criticizing you - maybe because you make a product (whistle eliminator) that is wanted by, and could possibly benefit, many consumers and then you limit distribution to CAI customers ONLY. That in itself indicates that your CAI is problematic (any maybe that others available are NOT).

It might have benefited you if you hadn't published the whistle eliminator information on an open forum. Contact your customers directly (that is a best business practice). The reason why only 3% have requested the whistle eliminator is probably because they don't know about it. Not everyone is a forum member. Or, maybe you are hoping they do not request the fix. I don't know for sure because I can't read your corporate minds.

As to the truck CAI. Several years ago I had a Silverado I bought at auction with 17,000 miles. One of the first things I did was add a CAI CAI. It whistled like no tomorrow when I was in any kind of enclosed space. Tunnel, sound deadening walls on highways, garage. Don't have the truck any longer so I can't register the CAI. However, I did contact your company at the time and got the 'I really don't give a crap about you - NO SATISFACTION AT ALL run-around'.

You have anything further cause I'm just gettin warmed up?
We are sorry that you are so angry about a product that you don't even own. Our focus must remain on our fantastic customers and awesome dealers. We will continue to strive to provivde the highest quality products and the best customer service. Take care.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:34 PM   #508
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
They are probably going to make Mishimoto work a little harder to copy it then post it up on the web themselves. That would be my guess...

-Geoff
HI Geoff,

You are correct, we are in a competitive marketplace. Thanks for your support!
Old 09-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #509
Hyper16

Quote:
We are sorry that you are so angry about a product that you don't even own. Our focus must remain on our fantastic customers and awesome dealers. We will continue to strive to provivde the highest quality products and the best customer service. Take care.
I am going stop before this goes any further because I do not want to get banned from the forum. But obviously you did not thoroughly read my post. Other than the whistle, which you confirm exists, I have no problem with your new product for the Gen6 Camaro. It is your business practices that I take issue with. And I certainly am happy that you strive to provide the highest quality products and the best customer service. Good luck with that. From my experience in the past, your customer service hasn't even been close to adequate.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #510
Sales @ CAI Inc

[QUOTE=Hyper16;9332512] I am going stop before this goes any further because I do not want to get banned from the forum. But obviously you did not thoroughly read my post. Other than the whistle, which you confirm exists, I have no problem with your new product for the Gen6 Camaro. It is your business practices that I take issue with. And I certainly am happy that you strive to provide the highest quality products and the best customer service. Good luck with that. From my experience in the past, your customer service hasn't even been close to adequate. [/QUOT
Old 09-27-2016, 06:03 PM   #511
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I currently do not own a CAI cai. But I did have one on my 5th gen. It was a quality product and good looking under the hood, not to mention giving noticably more power. They are supporting thier early adopter customers with a free fix. I call that great support!

Are companies supposed to be charities helping thier competition? Now if we were talking about life saving products that would be a different story. The health care business, research, and health care insurance along with colleges should ALL be not for profit. But manufacturers of hot rodding parts? It is everyone for themselves. Research you purchases and make a good choice like a Cold Air Inductioins CAI.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #512
Sales @ CAI Inc

We have absolutely no records of any complaints or specifically your complaint on a Silverado CAI system whistle noise. We record any customer concern that we recieve. We are a manufacturer of OEM parts, so as you can imagine, we are held to the highest quality standards, reporting and record keeping. If you have a past email to us about this issue please forward it to us at support@coldairinductions.com, Thanks and have a great night.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:13 PM   #513
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I currently do not own a CAI cai. But I did have one on my 5th gen. It was a quality product and good looking under the hood, not to mention giving noticably more power. They are supporting thier early adopter customers with a free fix. I call that great support!

Are companies supposed to be charities helping thier competition? Now if we were talking about life saving products that would be a different story. The health care business, research, and health care insurance along with colleges should ALL be not for profit. But manufacturers of hot rodding parts? It is everyone for themselves. Research you purchases and make a good choice like a Cold Air Inductioins CAI.
Thanks you so much for your comments. We truly value your candid feedback.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:33 PM   #514
Hyper16

Quote:
We have absolutely no records of any complaints or specifically your complaint on a Silverado CAI system whistle noise. We record any customer concern that we recieve. We are a manufacturer of OEM parts, so as you can imagine, we are held to the highest quality standards, reporting and record keeping. If you have a past email to us about this issue please forward it to us at support@coldairinductions.com, Thanks and have a great night.
It was about 10 years ago. No emails. I made phone calls. Keep looking, it'll turn up. And, since I no longer have the truck, it really doesn't matter. And now I will unsubscribe from this thread. I was curious about the whistle eliminator and my curiosity has been satisfied.
Boa noite !

Old 09-27-2016, 06:59 PM   #515
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Let me guess, Bernie supporter?
Lol, no dude. Don't follow politics at all and am completely neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

You're right, no competitors shouldn't have to help others and I don't expect them to. However CAI could still sell this part and make a profit. Hell they could make 200% profit on such a small piece.
But rather they require this "fix" for their product only.

And CAI, I am justified in my request because while I don't hear a whistle with my Mishimoto, I would be intrigued if the tone changed with your eliminator and would spend money with you to experiment and report to the forum as a forum member should.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:34 PM   #516
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:

And CAI, I am justified in my request because while I don't hear a whistle with my Mishimoto, I would be intrigued if the tone changed with your eliminator and would spend money with you to experiment and report to the forum as a forum member should.
I bet they will sell you one for $395 -- and -- you get a free Cold Air Inductions intake with it.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:31 AM   #517
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
It was about 10 years ago. No emails. I made phone calls. Keep looking, it'll turn up. And, since I no longer have the truck, it really doesn't matter. And now I will unsubscribe from this thread. I was curious about the whistle eliminator and my curiosity has been satisfied.
Boa noite !
Hyper16, you obviously have some reason to bash Cold Air Inductions, Inc., and trust me we have our theories, which we have now confirmed. WE read the posts you put on a competitors threads and we know you never owned our truck system 10 years ago. You have absolutely lied to diminish our product and for that you should be permanently banned from the forum. We know for a 100% fact that you fabricated the story about the whistle on your Silverado. WE DID NOT START SELLING TRUCK SYSTEMS UNTIL 2012. WE DO NOT NEED TO LOOK ANY FURTHER, WE KNOW WHAT YOUR AGENDA IS.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:50 AM   #518
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Lol, no dude. Don't follow politics at all and am completely neutral.

You're right, no competitors shouldn't have to help others and I don't expect them to. However CAI could still sell this part and make a profit. Hell they could make 200% profit on such a small piece.
But rather they require this "fix" for their product only.

Thanks AdmAnt13,

We are truly focused on developing and manufacturing our cold air intake systems. Trying to make a profit on this part was not our priority, we just wanted to make all of our customers happy. People forget that we were to market, with our 6th gen system, a few months prior to the competition. So, we had stared researching and developing this part prior to other systems being in the marketplace. I hope that clarifies your questions. Thanks.

Tags
6th gen camaro, 6th gen intake, camaro intake, camaro6, hyper blue