Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-19-2015, 10:53 PM   #15
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
Would it be messed up take it and show it to the dealer that I was going to buy it from, but changed my mind?
haha that'll be funny! bet a lot of us wanna take it to those dealers who pretty much turned us down whenever we were trying to buy a camaro back then or those who been trying to place an order for a while now... haha
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:13 PM   #16
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
It went like this:

I email the dealer where I bought my '14, I say: "A few people online have been creating their preliminary orders and getting a build#. I want this, what does it take"

Dealer replies: "That can't be done."

So, basically I felt like he was calling me a liar, so I went to a different dealership and had no problems putting in my order.

The next day, the '14 dealer sends me a text message, "I don't see how they can get their orders in, can you send me a copy of their build sheet so I can show my manager?"

I didn't send anything back, but I had a very strong urge to reply, "Yeah, here's my build sheet."
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:51 PM   #17
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
It went like this:

I email the dealer where I bought my '14, I say: "A few people online have been creating their preliminary orders and getting a build#. I want this, what does it take"

Dealer replies: "That can't be done."

So, basically I felt like he was calling me a liar, so I went to a different dealership and had no problems putting in my order.

The next day, the '14 dealer sends me a text message, "I don't see how they can get their orders in, can you send me a copy of their build sheet so I can show my manager?"

I didn't send anything back, but I had a very strong urge to reply, "Yeah, here's my build sheet."
You should have...that is what I had to do with my dealer, dealing with the new car sales manager of a very large dealership that I have been doing business with for 10 years. When I placed my order back in July, the day order banks opened, he didn't believe me, said impossible, not until Dec/Jan. Showed him a copy of a Workbench order, he tried and placed my order...the rest is history.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:58 PM   #18
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
he didn't believe me, said impossible, not until Dec/Jan.
I hate this attitude. As if its impossible that a "civilian" knows more than he does. I don't want to deal with somebody like that. The sales guy at the new dealer doesn't seem to be like that. Well, maybe a little, it takes a certain type of asshole attitude to be a salesman.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:21 AM   #19
SSport16

Quote:
I hate this attitude. As if its impossible that a "civilian" knows more than he does. I don't want to deal with somebody like that. The sales guy at the new dealer doesn't seem to be like that. Well, maybe a little, it takes a certain type of asshole attitude to be a salesman.
The best was he actually asked me if worked for GM when he finally realized he could place the order and I rattled off a bunch of information that he realized was correct. When we put the order in he told me that the Goodyear Eagle A3's that are on the SS are on able to ordered for this summer only...I said huh, what are you talking about? He rotates his monitor and points to it on the screen, I busted out laughing, I told him that those are summer rated tires/non-all season tires. He continued to argue with me and insisted it meant summer 2015 ordering only...I just shut him up and said sure, I will order those.

Old 09-20-2015, 12:21 AM   #20
alfonsoj23

one of the things I can't stand about dealers is that some can be so judgmental... my mom and I noticed that just because we are hispanic, I guess they thought I didn't have any money to at least put down and was just going waste their time (at least that's how we felt) this one dealer was trying to sell me a real cheap car instead... lmao
Old 09-20-2015, 12:27 AM   #21
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
one of the things I can't stand about dealers is that some can be so judgmental... my mom and I noticed that just because we are hispanic, I guess they thought I didn't have any money to at least put down and was just going waste their time (at least that's how we felt) this one dealer was trying to sell me a real cheap car instead... lmao
A lot of dealers judge...especially if you don't fit the typical serious buyer. I have gone to my dealer tons of times for service, while waiting check out the Vettes and Cadillacs. Place can be empty, tons of sales people standing around doing nothing, but if I come in wearing sneakers and basketball shorts, forget it, they won't give you the time of day. I one time stood around a Corvette with my son for at least 20 minutes, not one person came over, no other customers. Asked to unlock the car, no sorry car is locked, end of conversation...seriously!

Old 09-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #22
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I will send a dollar to the first Gen 6 owner that does a donut in front of a Ford dealership and does not get caught! Utube video required.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #23
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I will send a dollar to the first Gen 6 owner that does a donut in front of a Ford dealership and does not get caught! Utube video required.
Lol...there is a Fors dealership right down the road from my Chevy dealership. I see they have some very large discounts on their Mustangs, guess they are getting ready!

Old 09-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #24
Yam Fam

Drives: none
First spot will be a friends garage so I can detail it. After that all over the city.
Yam Fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:23 AM   #25
addisonpeterson
Bad Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
A lot of dealers judge...especially if you don't fit the typical serious buyer. I have gone to my dealer tons of times for service, while waiting check out the Vettes and Cadillacs. Place can be empty, tons of sales people standing around doing nothing, but if I come in wearing sneakers and basketball shorts, forget it, they won't give you the time of day. I one time stood around a Corvette with my son for at least 20 minutes, not one person came over, no other customers. Asked to unlock the car, no sorry car is locked, end of conversation...seriously!
Something similar happened to me when I bought my 2013 2LT back in December. I went to Maita Chevrolet in Elk Grove, CA and the younger guys my age (I'm 26) are very judgemental and won't help anyone they think can't afford a car. This older salesman came by when the younger ones wouldn't help me out and he introduced me as the top seller at the dealership. It became immediately apparent why he sold more cars than anyone because he never gave up and he had this massive GM ring that top salesman get. It was a little bigger than a high school class ring, maybe the size of a super bowl one. The younger guys were looking stupid when I was walking out with my new car.
addisonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #26
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
I went to a dealership once and I was checking out this black Royce wraith wearing my T-shirt and jeans I asked them if its possible to unlock the door and they said no!2 minutes later my father came in with some decent clothes and when he was walking to a ghost the salesman opened the door and turned on the engine too.ithis experience taught me to never step into a dealership without wearing a suit to get some real respect and service
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #27
alfonsoj23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I won't do a donut but I will definately drive in to a ford dealership and do a few revs while recording the whole thing haha
Old 09-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #28
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
I won't do a donut but I will definately drive in to a ford dealership and do a few revs while recording the whole thing haha
Sounds good to me. !!! Be sure to post the video and PM me.