Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-19-2017, 09:12 PM   #15
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Ive done valet off and on for 10yrs part time. Please dont go somewhere expecting to park in valet area without leaving your keys. If so just save everybody time and park in the self parking lot. Also, while most valets take care of your car and needs, it would be wise to leave a little incentive ($$) to make sure they remember any special parking you want for your car.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:34 PM   #16
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I once parked my car at a hotel myself where it was valet only. And this was my old 1990 Beretta GT. It wasn't in bad shape at the time but even then I trusted no valet.

This was in Toronto back in about 1998.

The guy was adamant I leave him the keys because it was valet only. I told him either I park my own car or we call the police right here and now to decide the legality of whether I'm permitted to park my own car or not.

He let me go without an argument at that moment.

I'll never let a valet touch my car no matter how much they tell me they're the best.
I don't know how the laws work in Canada but technically in America since their parking lot is considered private property they would indeed retain all legal right to either park your car or ask you to leave the premises.

Not saying that I condone this, but..if its private property, they can pretty much tell you to do whatever they want you to do with your car if you intend to keep it on their premise.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:41 PM   #17
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Now take a deep breath and let it out, dude you used a Valet service they are in the business of parking as many vehicles as they can in all of the spots and making money. Surely you did not think they would park your car all alone and keep you happy.

Honestly the letter coming off the door sill can happen to anyone just take it to the dealership they will cover it under warranty.

Lesson learned if you do not want your car touched park it on your own, but a Valet will park your car, park any kind of car near it and yes they can move it without your permission, if you read the fine print on the back of the valet cards you will see it posted.

Just be glad that only that happened far worse could have happened.
I agree 100%
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #18
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I trust a valet like I trust a wet fart

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #19
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
I agree 100%
This. Sounds like an over reaction for sure to me. Your wife was right to block the door.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #20
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
wow I would be furious too!! I have never trusted them and this is exactly why!

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #21
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I never ever use a valet for any of my cars, no matter how old or cheap. I remember when I was younger seeing valets abuse Jags and so forth at a downtown New Year's party. I don't mind walking a few blocks if I need to, and my wife is fine with it too.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #22
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
All this does is disable the use of the radio/my link... it does nothing to the performance of the car.
That sounds like a waste of time. Teen mode seems more appropriate for valet than actual valet mode.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #23
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
you guys think chevrolet would repair this under warranty? seems to me like its not a manufacturers defective item to be repaired.

i guess i treat my vehicles much better than some of you. "Its only a Camaro"...wow. I treat my DD Jeep this exact same way. Why beat up / scratch anything...it takes just as much time to enter or exit the vehicle in a manner not to mar the interior or exterior. This vehicle is not a collectors car, but its my car, that i researched for months before purchasing. My 2010 gen 5 still looks impeccable inside and outside for this same reason.

Do i think others should treat YOUR property in a respectful manner...yes, hell yes. I never would have thought a valet or anybody would move the vehicle.

I constantly see very nice cars, camaro's etc. all torn up, scratches, dents etc. and wonder who would treat the nice vehicle in this manner. Surprised that applies to some of you guys. Oh well, i take care of my vehicles.

Also, any of you guys repair this door sill trim before?
Old 12-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #24
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
you guys think chevrolet would repair this under warranty? seems to me like its not a manufacturers defective item to be repaired.

i guess i treat my vehicles much better than some of you. "Its only a Camaro"...wow. I treat my DD Jeep this exact same way. Why beat up / scratch anything...it takes just as much time to enter or exit the vehicle in a manner not to mar the interior or exterior. This vehicle is not a collectors car, but its my car, that i researched for months before purchasing. My 2010 gen 5 still looks impeccable inside and outside for this same reason.

Do i think others should treat YOUR property in a respectful manner...yes, hell yes. I never would have thought a valet or anybody would move the vehicle.

I constantly see very nice cars, camaro's etc. all torn up, scratches, dents etc. and wonder who would treat the nice vehicle in this manner. Surprised that applies to some of you guys. Oh well, i take care of my vehicles.

Also, any of you guys repair this door sill trim before?
The lettering comes off half time while wiping down with a microfiber towel. I've seen a number of owners have had them replaced under warranty. I believe many are using a sheet of Xpel over them to resolve the issue. Pretty sure someone makes a pre-cut kit for it, but don't quote me on that.

I never expect someone to treat something I own the same way I would. If you leave it in their care, you assume the risk really. If we didn't have to worry about such things, than there would be no stress over leaving vehicles with the dealer, in a parking lot, or with a valet. The only person who I know will treat my car the way I do, is the wife.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #25
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
OP I understand where your coming from, I worked my a** off for my cars and while other people see just a vehicle, I see my hard work and that shows in how I take care of them. That being said you can't expect anyone else to take care of your ride as well you do.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #26
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnashlenz View Post
OP I understand where your coming from, I worked my a** off for my cars and while other people see just a vehicle, I see my hard work and that shows in how I take care of them. That being said you can't expect anyone else to take care of your ride as well you do.
absolutely true, but still does not give you a right to start demanding a bunch of items from a min wage worker....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:48 AM   #27
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
The way I see it, if you hand over your key to someone else... All I have to say is, "may the odds be ever in your favor."
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #28
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Haha what a massive overreaction. RETURN MY CAMARO TO THE SPOT WHERE IT WAS PARKED! GET MY CAR NOW!

The markings of a petulant child, I'd be so embarrassed at my behavior there is no way I'd share it online. Lmao, ridiculous!

PS: If you want your things taken care of the way you want them taken care of, then take care of them yourself... you should have parked your own car. And no, Valet is never the only option so let's not play that crap.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote