Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #169
Z28sr2fast4yall

Drives: 83z,86z,90rs,91rs,92rs,94z,95rs,95z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
V6 in the 13s at 100+ and no wing? My how does it stay on the strip?
That's the whole point of aerodynamics in the body panels... All those body lines aren't just for looks... They are used for aerodynamics... Helps keep it straight and on the ground...
Old 09-14-2015, 12:32 PM   #170
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Even a fully loaded 2ss looks like it can come in under 3750 which is still awesome.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #171
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Even a fully loaded 2ss looks like it can come in under 3750 which is still awesome.
where are you seeing this at?
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #172
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
'oh ye of little faith" is what I have to say to doubters.......the CamaroTeam is dead serious when it comes to developing world class performance. I think we've proved that with the 5th gen over the years and the 6th gen checks all the boxes that the enthusiast community as a whole brought to us thanks to the Camaro Disciples and men like Al Oppenheiser and Jim Kalahar and Todd Christiansen and John Fitzpatrick and women like Cheryl Pilcher........and a host of others.

The car is truly amazing to drive and I can hardly wait for you to drive one and see what we're talking about.

We're never 'finished' working on Camaro............
Old 09-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #173
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Hopefully this car will put an end to comments that Chevy is holding the Camaro back to protect the Corvette. Amazing car on ever level and nothing short of a 100% effort. Style, interior, performance, tech

Congratulations team Camaro on a job well done!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:36 PM   #174
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I
The drivetrain loss must have been crazy on the ZL1. A lot of them dyno-ed under 500rwhp, some as low as 460, which is crazy.
I put the ZL1 driveshaft, diff, and axles in my 1LE. It is extremely heavy. While anything can be broken, ZL1s with HP in the 1,000 range have a hard time breaking that drivetrain. So I think the ZL1 does lose some HP twisting that monster. Chevy may have over done it with the grave digger.

If people start adding FI and big HP to the new SS CA6, they will have to upgrade the diff and axles. But being lighter, that will help a little. Hopefully though the new drivetrain will be a little more stout than the 5th gen SS. Time will tell.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:38 PM   #175
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
New interior shot up over at Autoweek I haven't seen yet with their story on the new GM news.

Autoweek story.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #176
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Nice job GM, now give me a 1LE package so I can go ahead and place my order. Please take my money now, don't make me wait three years to fork it over.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #177
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
'oh ye of little faith" is what I have to say to doubters.......the CamaroTeam is dead serious when it comes to developing world class performance. I think we've proved that with the 5th gen over the years and the 6th gen checks all the boxes that the enthusiast community as a whole brought to us thanks to the Camaro Disciples and men like Al Oppenheiser and Jim Kalahar and Todd Christiansen and John Fitzpatrick and women like Cheryl Pilcher........and a host of others.

The car is truly amazing to drive and I can hardly wait for you to drive one and see what we're talking about.

please don't retire! haha
Old 09-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #178
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Hopefully this car will put an end to comments that Chevy is holding the Camaro back to protect the Corvette. Amazing car on ever level and nothing short of a 100% effort. Style, interior, performance, tech

Congratulations team Camaro on a job well done!
Right on. The Corvette is a different car. A little more power in a SS versus a Corvette isn't going to make them equal. They are getting close in 1/4 mile times, now let's see what they do at the track. There's room for both to be stars in the GM lineup without them really stepping on each others toes. I hope GM keeps going all out on both models!
Old 09-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #179
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:

Old 09-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #180
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

And indeed they have set a new bar for the pony cars, better in every performance measure compared to it's intended competition. Congrats again Team Camaro and good to hear from you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
New interior shot up over at Autoweek I haven't seen yet with their story on the new GM news.

Autoweek story.

That's a 1LT it appears.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #181
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:

Thanks Camaro Team!!!

....it's going to be another ...Home Run!!!

Last edited by JoeP@TeamBeckyD; 09-14-2015 at 01:18 PM.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:01 PM   #182
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Agreed, sounds like the 1LE could be 6 pistons, non-RFT summer tires, maybe some more chassis strengthening and gearing?
There is more Chevy could do to compete with the GT350:
  • Standard SS (Auto or manual) +
  • Side bolstered Sport Seats
  • CTS/V 6 piston front brakes with the big discs
  • Torque vectoring diff
  • Square sized more track-able tires
  • Carbon Fiber wheels (Maybe)
  • Deeper Splitter
  • Gurney flap spoiler
  • Blacked out hood.
  • Let's leave the LT1 alone, it has plenty of power for the 99% drivers to get into trouble
While from a marketing standpoint this Chevy would lose based on power and naming, but being lighter if possible would help. This could wind up being just like the Boss 302/1LE comparison where the low key cheaper Chevy beat the big bad Boss.

Chevy might need to do more to beat the GT350R though. Time will tell.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote