Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 01-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #183
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't think anyone should be shocked to see the 10 speed show up in the 2018 Corvette and/or Camaro. 2019 for sure. The 2017 ZL1 has it. It will trickle down soon. If they wait any longer they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

I wouldn't expect the 10 speed to make much if any acceleration improvements for the Camaro versus the 8 speed considering the first several ratios are the same and the 8 speed shifts pretty fast as is under WOT. But for the Mustang, it should make a nice difference. That plus the power/tq increase is going to be a good bump.
Yep, totally forgot y'all already had the 8 speed.

I'm wondering now if they will wait until next year to put out a specialty mustang, such as the Mach1
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #184
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
So if they do up the power to 455. All those new options like Active Exhaust, Suspension, A10, etc. This isn't going to help weight wise. I wonder if Ford tried to lighten the car any at all. The 15's are already a couple hundred lbs heavier than the SS right?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:13 PM   #185
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
So if they do up the power to 455. All those new options like Active Exhaust, Suspension, A10, etc. This isn't going to help weight wise. I wonder if Ford tried to lighten the car any at all. The 15's are already a couple hundred lbs heavier than the SS right?
Actually, it's only a 70-100lb delta. I'm sure they'll tweak a few things to negate any potential gains.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:29 PM   #186
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
I've been a Chevy owner for over 45 yrs and have been reading this thread with interest. I find it humorous that a lot of the Camaro guys saying that Mustang "Copied" a lot from the Camaro like ...MR, active exhaust, seats, hood vents, etc. Come on. Did Camaro actually have any of those 1st? Within GM, I can think of Corvette, Cadillac. Give credit where credit is due. Whether they copied something or came out with it, it pushes other manufacturers to up the ante which helps everybody.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:31 PM   #187
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
On the SS/GT weight difference..

The lowest delta is approximately 45 pounds (1SS/base GT) to around 50lbs (1SS/GTPP).

People are really misinformed as to how much more the Mustang is vs the Camaro..it's not like we're comparing the Camaro to the SRT Challenger.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #188
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2017 View Post
Nope, and I have one in my garage, so I wish that was the case...

Hence why would Ford now be saying the new '18 GT PP should beat the Boss 302 on track...
The current S550 GTPP does beat a Boss 302 around a race track.

It *is* slower in a straight line.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #189
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
looks fine. smooth transition. spoiler looks fine as well.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #190
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Ford is now offering a forged aluminum wheel as well. Probably quite pricey, but should help tremendously with rotational mass. The PP wheels were heavy.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:36 PM   #191
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Looks pretty good to me.
Has an Italian feel to me.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #192
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Has an Italian feel to me.
A lot of Aston Martin design language. Not that's a bad thing. Ford did own Aston not to long ago. People are complaining that the front looks weird. But to me it isn't any worse than the rear of the 6th gen Camaro. I'm betting it'll move a bunch of cars off the lot next year. Hard to transission from a design that people really like. I loved the 10-13 Camaro styling. Every little tweak made to it since has made it a little worse. IMO. But I'm sure there are 14-16 Camaro owners that think it's the best design ever. Looks are subjective.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 01-17-2017 at 06:10 PM.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #193
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The current S550 GTPP does beat a Boss 302 around a race track.

It *is* slower in a straight line.
Not really look at the official LS, WG, etc times. Guys who went to a GT PP from a Boss pretty much all went slower at the track days I attend too. Heck some guys in the Runoffs went BACK to a Boss. That says a lot.

It would be seriously stupid of Ford to compare straight line performance of a track focused Boss 302. But it seems they like to contradict themselves, so who knows...
Old 01-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #194
SS2017

Drives: 2SS & GT Premium
Quote:
A lot of Aston Martin design language. Not that's a bad thing. Ford did own Aston not to long ago. People are complaining that the front looks weird. But to me it isn't any worse than the rear of the 6th gen Camaro. I'm betting it'll move a bunch of cars off the lot next year. Hard to transision from a design that people really like. I loved the 10-13 Camaro styling. Every little tweak made to it since has made it a little worse. IMO. But I'm sure there are 14-16 Camaro owners that think it's the best design ever. Looks are subjective.
You are aware Aston Martin isn't Italian right lol?

I prefered the styling of my '13 GT, my '15 GT still hasn't fully grown on me. The front still looks too big from the side, like the backs from a smaller car. But it is what it is, it's way better than this new Mustang abomination, that's for sure.

Funny thing is I never liked 5th gen Camaros, the 6th gen changed all that when it got smaller, lighter, meaner looking.

I have the luxury of owning both, no lame brand bias here. I can say overall, there is no comparison from a performance standpoint. Especially handling and braking. Anyone who says otherwise is just lieing to themselves. I changed those horrible looking factory wheels, and upgraded the rubber which helped a little. My Mustang is paid off though, so it's not going anywhere. I still like it, just less so since I added the bow tie to the stable.
SS2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #195
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2017 View Post
You are aware Aston Martin isn't Italian right lol?

I prefered the styling of my '13 GT, my '15 GT still hasn't fully grown on me. The front still looks too big from the side, like the backs from a smaller car. But it is what it is, it's way better than this new Mustang abomination, that's for sure.

Funny thing is I never liked 5th gen Camaros, the 6th gen changed all that when it got smaller, lighter, meaner looking.

I have the luxury of owning both, no lame brand bias here. I can say overall, there is no comparison from a performance standpoint. Especially handling and braking. Anyone who says otherwise is just lieing to themselves. I changed those horrible looking factory wheels, and upgraded the rubber which helped a little. My Mustang is paid off though, so it's not going anywhere. I still like it.
I never said it was Italian. I said I see Aston Martin design language. i2disturbedSS said he thought it looked Italian. Try to keep up.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #196
SS2017

Drives: 2SS & GT Premium
Quote:
I never said it was Italian. I said I see Aston Martin design language. i2disturbedSS said he thought it looked Italian. Try to keep up.
...he said it looked Italian, you quoted that post. Makes complete sense actually.
SS2017 is offline   Reply With Quote