Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
I hit 3000 miles.

Damn that took me a while! Got the car in July. I don't drive much since I work at home but it took longer than I thought.

The up side, it's a fantastic car. Quick, well mannered and the exhaust (npp) is friggin awesome. Wicked loud cold and when fired up in my garage! I should take a video of that...

The downside is the trunk is shorter. I can't fit my sons air rifle in it's case in it vs the 5th gen. Oh well! The seats while comfy do aggravate my sciatica in my left leg and I really wish at this point I had gotten and auto. (placed an order 1 year ago before the issues) I'll see what the residual value is after 2 years on my lease. I may buy it out and get an auto, though I've been eyeing a Vette. (tough to get in and out of like my Friehawk though). My wife drives me around on weekends so I can enjoy my car without the pain of shifting. My back doctor just approved me for a temporary handicap permit so I'm off to get that. The looks and comments from people should be interesting! I use a cane to get around on some days which are the only days I will use it. Mostly when I grocery shop.

Based on some of the oil threads, I checked the oil and was a quart low so I just went for an oil change yesterday and while the dipstick is tougher to read it is full now vs the other day. Note to self to check more often. My Firehawk (2000 and 55K) does not use a drop of oil (well, it might use a drop or 2 but is never low). I also went out in the shop to make sure they lifted my car correctly. My salesman is the best.

I still miss my 5th gen but probably because I had it for 2 years and got very comfortable with it. I'm sure in time the same will happen with this car.

All in all I Have no regrets (except the auto trans). GM has really gone over the top now and I love having all of the extras that only Corvette owners used to get. Love the memory seats! Snow mode. (hey this is my daily driver).

And thus you have been subject to my random thoughts.

Keep the shiny side up!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #2
dray

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 NGM, 2012 Yamaha FZ8
Great avatar!

Can't wait to get through my break in period! Only got 350 miles so far and it's killing me having to baby it.

I got the automatic transmission, only because my wife refuses to learn how to drive a stick. It's got that manual shift mode, but I'm waiting till after break-in to try it. Don't wanna over rev the engine by mistake.
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #3
camaroalltheway

Drives: 2SS convert,Mosaic Black,MRC,NPP
I too have sciatica, and I got the auto over the manual for this reason alone. If it makes you feel any better, I still get pain in these awful seats. They just don't have much support. Another issue with the seats is the front doesn't lift very high. The GM geniuses decided to take the chassis from the Cadillac, but not the seats, so we don't get full tilt and lumbar in the Camaro. I found that a cheap wedge cushion on Amazon helps give a little extra support. I also plan to change out the OEM runflat tires for Michelin PSS's for better comfort (5.5 vs 8.8 rating )
camaroalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:14 PM   #4
G6CamJK

Drives: 16 2SS Convertible, 08 JKU
Got my car in May and I'm still around 2700 something miles.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:47 AM   #5
Quiksilver16ss

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
ive learned throughout the years to drive a car as much as u want and not try to save miles. You pay good money drive the dang thing!
Old 01-18-2017, 07:23 AM   #6
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilver16ss View Post
ive learned throughout the years to drive a car as much as u want and not try to save miles. You pay good money drive the dang thing!
Pain dictates how much I drive.