Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Exclamation Have the forums outgrown themselves?

Maybe it's just me but it seems like the forums have gotten so full of Camaro guys and others (which is a good sign don't get me wrong) that it's hard to give feedback or get feedback without 20 other threads popping up before your post ever gets seen. If you post something and it doesn't get read in the first 5 minutes, it's about the tenth one down on the list.

I have been coming here for awhile and the technical help and information on this site is priceless. And it's even fun to show off your new mods because you know the other Camaro guys/gals will appreciate them the most. The site is just so overrun with new and old Camaro owners now, it reminds me of the old days of the chat rooms. The screen would rotate so fast when you would say something if it wasn't seen immediately, it would be way down the list and no one would see it.

Maybe there needs to be a splitting. Like stock. Start a forum for the ZL1 guys, one for the V6 guys, and one for the V8 SS guys. That way you categorize NA V8's, Supercharged V8's and V6's. Yes.. No?

If you need technical info from another forum, you could always go visit it, but at least that limits the traffic on here. Seems to be getting a bit overwhelming these days. :(

I love the excitement and passion the Camaro people bring, but it's just almost to much to ingest anymore. Anyone else agree? Or Disagree? Thoughts?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
San Carlos HotRods
Don Juan De Caro's

Drives: 2012 2SS RS TF3 6M w/ Hurst Pkg. ,
Agree !!!!!
San Carlos HotRods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #3

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
lol...yeah, I just want only threads I post in to stay near the top!...lol...j/k!!!!!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Disagree. The problem is that people need to learn to post in the correct forum. A header question will get lost in general until moved to the correct forum. However the true information subforms have new posts at a decent pace.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
also the problem is that people make multiple accounts to scam us innocent people on the forums into buying something in the marketplace
Old 06-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Wait till your a vendor and you get your sales threads pushed 3 pages back by other vendors who will prolly be gone in a couple months. LOL

Yeah, that's what happens when a car like Camaro makes a splash like it did.

LOL
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Wait till your a vendor and you get your sales threads pushed 3 pages back by other vendors who will prolly be gone in a couple months. LOL

Yeah, that's what happens when a car like Camaro makes a splash like it did.

LOL
Ivan
I can only imagine. If it's anything like forums in general, it's probably pretty frustrating.

Even though as someone said to post in correct topics, it's not the total problem. Yeah, if you go to the thread on tuning or motorsports, they aren't as high traffic. But general questions, and V8 engine mods are ridiculous. When I posted this thread, by the time I posted it and went to see where it was, it was number 5 within a matter of seconds.

And I read plenty fast. It's not a matter of reading, it's a matter of getting feedback from other Camaro people and trying to find a forum you posted in only minutes ago that has now found its way at the bottom of the page. I guess subscribing is the only way you won't get lost.

Also a suggestion to the moderators, my daughter is in a Subaru forum that I post on sometimes for her and if you create a thread, it automatcally subscribes you to it. That makes it easy to find. Unless there is another way I don't know about.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
The issue I have in this section is those who start pointless threads such as: What did you do with your camaro today...What kind of gas do you get...Where do you place your cell phone... What do you listen to...What vehicle did you consider purchasing before the camaro...What are you doing to your camaro this week...What other vehicles do you own. Anyhow, you get the idea. It's useless threads. I feel that people creat these threads not to help others out that have questions about their vehicles as much as it is to see how many views/comments they can get on a thread.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #9
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
Disagree. The problem is that people need to learn to post in the correct forum. A header question will get lost in general until moved to the correct forum. However the true information subforms have new posts at a decent pace.
Kind of like this thread should be in Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
The issue I have in this section is those who start pointless threads such as: What did you do with your camaro today...What kind of gas do you get...Where do you place your cell phone... What do you listen to...What vehicle did you consider purchasing before the camaro...What are you doing to your camaro this week...What other vehicles do you own. Anyhow, you get the idea. It's useless threads. I feel that people creat these threads not to help others out that have questions about their vehicles as much as it is to see how many views/comments they can get on a thread.
As long as there are useless people there will be useless threads.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #10
GotGame55
Haters gonna hate?

Drives: '04 Chevy Dirtymax
Idk about the fourms but i have outgrown some pants though. I need to start working out again...
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Kind of like this thread should be in Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

As long as there are useless people there will be useless threads.
I'll assume when you say "useless people" you aren't referring to me. If you are send me a PM and lets talk about it.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #12
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Wait till your a vendor and you get your sales threads pushed 3 pages back by other vendors who will prolly be gone in a couple months.
I've noticed something like that several times. A vendor will have several different threads, then pop in and bump all of them, pushing the rest back down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGame55 View Post
Idk about the fourms but i have outgrown some pants though. I need to start working out again...
We must have the same model dryer because I swear mine is shrinking my pants and shirts.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #13
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
idk i feel its just not that serious. the forums are just chill, fun and interesting read for me. good forums have lots of people posting on each thread.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #14
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Forums in general, not just this one, but every forum on the net needs a serious overall and modernization.
I wouldn't recommend splitting the site up though, esp not based on engines. The result would just be duplicate sites with the exact same info and a very, very tiny amount of different content as it pertains to the unique feature of a specific trim.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote