Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
MediumLabowski

Drives: '16 FiST
What diff in 2.0 manual?

I contacted gm, went thru all the applicable threads, called a couple dealers... i cannot get a straight answer backed by evidence that there even is an lsd in it.

Does anyone have pictures or hard evidence outside of forum regurgitation?
MediumLabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/09/...vrolet-camaro/

https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/ca...eatures-specs/

Best I could find...my window sticker doesn't help much lol:
Attached Images

Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #3
Corner carver

It does leave two smoldering piles of rubber on the ground if that convinces you
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Old 03-16-2017, 06:58 PM   #4
Corner carver

The owners manual is no help as it lumps all autos and manuals together...
I would suggest looking up the part# for diff fluid and see which engine/trans options use the fluid with the slip additives...for sake of argument; I looked it up and this is whats going in my rear end come spring:
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #5
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumLabowski View Post
I contacted gm, went thru all the applicable threads, called a couple dealers... i cannot get a straight answer backed by evidence that there even is an lsd in it.

Does anyone have pictures or hard evidence outside of forum regurgitation?
It's common knowledge. The Alpha platform w the 2.0T has been around since the 2013 model year on the ATS, it doesn't get mentioned because most know I guess... Take a hard corner in one and I dare you to light the inside tire up. Not gunna happen, just pure traction and acceleration out of a corner!

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #6
MediumLabowski

Drives: '16 FiST
I just got back from a test drive (part of the reason i was asking). I had no problem getting the rear to pop out... in a turn and in a straight line. The power was pretty good. Maybe ill re-visit a new camaro in the summer when i can get traction.

I did confirm there is a "limited slip differential" based on a build sheet. But still, nobody can prove what type.
MediumLabowski is offline   Reply With Quote