Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #15
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Unless its a new CTS, then no.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #16
BilJ

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I've got an '09 black CTS for my DD and an '11 Camaro for my fun times. Both cars feel very differently when you drive them, both have their own pesonna and both are perceived differently by those who may see you drive them. So, I suggest that you drive them both, do a lot of thinking, and make YOUR OWN choice as to what you want. As for me, I would really not want to have to make a choice among the two so I wish you the best of luck. Bottom line, your question can not be answered by anyone other than you.
BilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #17
The_cartoonist_88
Turbine Cowboy

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ View Post
I've got an '09 black CTS for my DD and an '11 Camaro for my fun times. Both cars feel very differently when you drive them, both have their own pesonna and both are perceived differently by those who may see you drive them. So, I suggest that you drive them both, do a lot of thinking, and make YOUR OWN choice as to what you want. As for me, I would really not want to have to make a choice among the two so I wish you the best of luck. Bottom line, your question can not be answered by anyone other than you.
thats the best advice offered on this subject
Old 05-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #18
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite 11 View Post
I dont know what to do i need help. I have had my 11 camaro for almost a year now and i like it alot, its a great car, but theres just not much room at all i hate trying to reach out the window, and theres no room in the backseat. My sister said she would sell me her 2003 black cts coupe with light tan leather with sunroof thats in great shape back seat hasnt been sat in since she has had it. I owe some money on the camaro and if i got her car i wouldnt owe anything. I just think having a car with no payments is a big weight off ur shoulders. Need some help on my decision, should i keep the 11 camaro or get the black cts? This is driving me crazy lol. fun or practical? payment or no payments? Im looking to get a place soon too but i feel like i cant have both i guess im just thinking practical what do you guys think? i owe about 13,000 on the camaro.
I traded in my 04' CTS SEDAN (no such thing as a coupe til 2011)for my 11' 5th gen. NOW WAY i'd take that CTS back. It's a dog as far as power and i had the 3.6. Tons of stuff broke on it once i got to 80k and nothing is cheap to fix. Gas mileage was not much better. Insurance was MORE expensive even at 6yrs old. Also the 03' has even more problems as it was a first year car. Tranny and radiator problems are common once it gets up in miles.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #19
ponygirlnomore

Drives: 2011 LT (SW)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp01 View Post
Man, hard to believe a 2003 vehicle is almost 9 years old now... that's crazy! For that reason alone I'd keep the Camaro. The CTS is a great car but those early redesign models are starting to look dated to me.

As many have said, a nearly 10 year old car is going to start to need repairs, I love having the security of a new(er) vehicle, and knowing that if there's anything wrong with it I only have myself or the manufacturer to blame.

While I understand the whole not-wanting-to-have-a-payment thing, the reality is, if you're like most of us on this thread, we don't plan on handing our babies in after 2 years for the next big thing. IMO, pay off the Camaro, so 3 or 4 years from now, you have a car that's still reliable, paid off, and you know the condition of and how it's been taken care of. With used cars not under warranty, you never know (even if they're your friends) how they were driven, or if they took care of it consistently (oil changes religiously every 4000 miles? or just whenever it was convenient by the local jiffy lube?).
ponygirlnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:45 AM   #20
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
You won't have payments, but you also won't have a warranty.

How many miles on it, because it probably won't be long till you are paying the equivalent of a car payment every month just to keep it on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:55 AM   #21
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
It depends on your budget and life style. My opinion...Keep your camaro and get some economic car that has a good mpg.
Agent orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #22
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
I had a first Gen CTS-V (2005). It only had the rear end replaced 3 times and the tranny once. I traded it for the Camaro, and the rear end was screaming like a banshee when I traded it in. I would keep the Camaro. On a side note the caddy would kick the Camaro's ass on a road course.
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #23
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Do what's best for you. No one else is going to have the same concerns and needs as you so just think about what you really want.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #24
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
since u have the V6 camaro, which isnt something special, I say go with the CTS
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #25
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
2003 is an old car man, repair bills with almost certainly start stacking up quickly.

Its fine to want to get something cheaper with no payments, I just wouldnt get a 2003. Have you looked into some cheaper 2010 new cars that you might be able to scoop up? Something nice on gas that isnt terrible?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #26
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
You're going to have to weigh out the positives and negatives to each. The CTS's are nice looking cars, but the 2011 is going to win every category except space & no payments, You only owe 13k on your Camaro? I'd say that as far as what you owe on the car you are in a good position with it. I would look at the affordability of the car for you. Whatever you decide to do don't make a decision that you think there's a chance you're gonna regret, because more than likely you will regret it.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #27
DVAS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite 11 View Post
I dont know what to do i need help. I have had my 11 camaro for almost a year now and i like it alot, its a great car, but theres just not much room at all i hate trying to reach out the window, and theres no room in the backseat. My sister said she would sell me her 2003 black cts coupe with light tan leather with sunroof thats in great shape back seat hasnt been sat in since she has had it. I owe some money on the camaro and if i got her car i wouldnt owe anything. I just think having a car with no payments is a big weight off ur shoulders. Need some help on my decision, should i keep the 11 camaro or get the black cts? This is driving me crazy lol. fun or practical? payment or no payments? Im looking to get a place soon too but i feel like i cant have both i guess im just thinking practical what do you guys think? i owe about 13,000 on the camaro.
Did not know they offered a "coupe" in CTS in 2003??? Thought only the sedan was offered.
DVAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #28
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
Go for no payments for now!