Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #43
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
The owner of the Mustang is responsible. Write a letter to his insurance you want a written denial, the name of the owner might have his license revoked. The 16 year old will be under pressure he won't be able to get a license. Put the owner on written notice with pictures and 3 estimates. Send certified mail and regular mail.

Texas has laws that protect you better than they did. Ask about them with law enforcement!

You are not a bank.....complete payment is needed.

You could do nothing....your insurance will have him time pay the loss. You are the last person to be repaid your $250.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #44
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Driving age and voting age should be 21, at least.

Probably should also have an IQ requirement....
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #45
CROOPS34

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metalic 2SS/RS
Anyone who says give the kid OR the father a break is being rediculous. If they have enough money to put gas in a car, they have enough money to pay for the damage their ass hat of a son did to your car. I've been driving since I was 17 and there is no way in hell I would get behind the wheel of any car without being insured. Look at it this way... What if the damage was more serious? what if the kid seriously injured someone? Letting them get away with being an idiot is just giving them another reason to continue disregarding the responsibilities they are obviously not taking seriously. You think if th OP just lets it go the kid is going to think twice before they have to make an important responsible decision next time?
CROOPS34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #46
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i hope you reported it to the cops so it's on record that he was in an accident when he tries to reinstate that license.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #47
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i hope you reported it to the cops so it's on record that he was in an accident when he tries to reinstate that license.
+1
Old 04-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #48
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedSS View Post
Oh you can believe that I will sue the living he'll out of them! To make it worse the Dad asked me over the phone to tell them that HE was driving! HPD didn't even check the kids ID! I think im going to let my insurance pay and sue them for deductible plus depreciation. Now my car will show up on carfax as being involved in an accident. NOT THAT I WILL EVER SELL IT!!!!!

Yes, one day you will sell it, and probably a lot sooner than you expect. You'll forget all about this accident until then, but it'll all come back when EVERY potential buyer asks "has it ever been in an accident?".

Bottom line - get what you can now because your car has certainly lost resale value because of this. At minimum, get the $250 from the father. If he balks, mention that you're wondering what court costs will run after you turn his son in for driving with a suspended license...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #49
wise

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Fred Loya and his associates are very shady, fraudulent people. Good luck, I hope your car is repaired and a lesson is learned for the 16 year old and his father in responsibility.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #50
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Hernandez View Post
I agree with blizzpat.Yeah the kid is an idiot but yet aren't all 16 year olds a bit idiotic at times i was 16 five years ago and i remember having my idiotic moments.Yes the kid f****d up but you dont have to damage his life over a little dent.If his dad was able to suck up his pride and ask you to cover for them im pretty sure he wouldnt mind paying for the deductible if he doesnt have the money then be mature with him and settle a possible payment plan $50 every week for 5months or whatever works..You shouldnt hold grudges we all make mistakes You never know when your going to find your self in a Tough spot yeah ask to talk to the kid tell em to watch out make sure his dad teaches him a lesson but involving the courts in this can mess up the kids future which isnt worth it over a dent...Think about it dude
the kids 16 and his license is revoked; and you want to give him a break?!?! Either he was involved in a pretty bad crash or he got a DUI. I would take his family to court and sue him! He's only 16 and its obvious his family doesnt care enough because they are trying to cover for the kid.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #51
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Time to take out the trash

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #52
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
go to the kids father and get your deductable.if he refuses bring judgement against him.the father is the responsible party.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #53
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
Blackened you shouldn't need to sue for your $250 deductable and there is no depreciation you could recover. Your car will have been repaired like it was before the damage. I don't think any court will help you for depreciation. How much total damage was done to your car?

Your insurance will squeeze both father and son.

It might be the best to let your insurance handle all of this.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #54
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Your insurance will fight this. Just because he has a suspended license doesn't mean they can deny the claim. I used to be an agent, trust me I know these things.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #55
sad54189
U.S. Navy Veteran

Drives: SS/RS Cyber Grey W/ Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedSS View Post
Oh BTW it was Fred Loya insurance . IMO they should still be liable since the car was insurred and then drop this dead beat family. Im just so sick of people with no respect for others-you mess up you make it right just the way I was raised I gues
I am having the same issue with Southwest Casualty. A semi truck merged into me and took the mirror on my truck with him and his insurance company is telling me that they are not going to pay my claim because my plastic mirror did not gouge the metal on the semi trailer. REALLY? It seams to me like insurance companies are becoming more of crooks that actual businesses. Not to mention my wife was with me and the insurance company said they did not want to speak to her. I asked the guy why and he said if it was my wife she had better say what I tell her to or she would have hell to pay. REALLY? All I can say is good luck brother because I am not getting anywhere with my issue. I could take them to court but is it really worth it for a $500 mirror.

U.S. Navy Veteran
sad54189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #56
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
i could see if the kid was driving with a valid DL, in the parent's car that didnt have insurance.. but the kid knew he wasnt supposed to be driving, the parents knew they didnt have insurance (probably dropped the insurance cause the kid got his license revoked) and incorrectly judged the character of their child by not taking away the keys... this folks, is a reason why No Child Left Behind will never work... people like this would traditionally find a way to murder themselves into extintion thus easing the burden of society... if it were me, i would find out from the insurance and police what will be done about the incident.. if you feel that they arent taking it far enough, then pursue it from there..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote