Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 02-25-2023, 02:41 AM   #15
Ed93

Drives: Fast ass car
Name:  F7F45A01-C31A-43B1-BBA2-EAE2C913DD59.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  76.5 KB
Ed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:43 PM   #16
scdrj

Drives: 2014 ZL-1
Ed, that is one fantastic story!

Besides numerous trade references, I do have 7 or 8 positive transactions here. You have none...just sayin... Unfortunately, I’m drawn into weeds to answer for your public claim on my character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed93 View Post
Made a deal with this guy
We never “made a deal”.

Quote:
called me out on here, saying how I ghosted him
What I actual said is found above, "I suggested meeting half way in Decatur, but you kinda drifted off the rails on me...". Since we have ended up here what I was trying to keep from saying is, "yes, you never said yea or nay on meeting up back in early September, but you sent me a couple of weird ass texts. That is when "I" signed off.

Back in mid Nov you were yanking my chain: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610609

After ~6 months of not finding what I was after, perhaps I had become a bit too desperate.

Quote:
He then tried to insult me with a $11,500 offer on Presidents’ Day over the phone cause he didn’t have all the money.
"You tell me" at ~1pm in the afternoon that you are coming that day (Presidents Day). It quickly occurred to me that the banks may not be open. I called my personal bank, and the credit union. I call my business bank... No dice. I quickly count all the cash I can put my hands on. I call friends... All toll I had $11k. All by 2pm.

The first thing I said on the phone, "I hope you are not already on your way". Thankfully, but oddly, you were not. I told you that I could not get the cash because all the banks were closed. As a consolation, I did say that besides a personal check for the balance, I could write you a business check. I offered excellent trade references.

Quote:
Then Jeff proceeded to tell me his buddy bought his neighbors a low mileage 2014 for $11,500. Apparently Jeff didn’t have the money to buy the 2014 or tried to low ball his neighbor.
I'm not sure what this has to do with selling your car, but man you sure are confused about the facts... While I was still trying to raise cash, you called me back. During that conversation, I mentioned what I thought to be an interesting gen5 Camaro discussion with a fellow Camaro5 member. Or so I thought... It seemed appropriate after you told me how your wife said don't put a big cam in it like your other hotrods...yada yada...

The car is a 2011. It was not low mileage. It was not bought from my neighbor. My neighbor and my buddy are one and the same. The car in question was purchased from another fellow Camaro5 member in DFW: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488184 I said he got a good deal on it, but did not remember what he paid. I did say it might have been as little as 11 or 12k. I just spoke with him and he could not remember either, but he thought it was like $17k.

The point was not how little he paid, but how fast the car went for the amount of miles on it, and the small amount of work we put into it. Still the price paid is likely relevant, but I really did not know for sure how much it was. Again, none of this had anything to do with the sale of your car.

Quote:
So Jeff continued to tell me how his buddy bought this other 2014 and Jeff did some minor fixing up to it and it went 10s🙄
Not exactly. I told you that we had done what you had done. Instead of installing a ls3 cam my buddy wanted to install a performance cam. I milled the heads .019", but used a thin cometic head gasket in order to tighten the quench. He installed a full exhaust, converter, and 3.91 gear. The car went a 7.18 1/8th in the middle of a hot TX summer.

The following Dec he transferred to another base. Before he left, I installed a 150hp N2 system. You even asked me, "NX"? I replied, "no...NOS, Mikey Wood didn't make anything on this project". We tried to tune it with 75 pills on a chassis dyno, but those summer sport tire are shit on a dyno too in the middle of winter. Before blowing the tires off, he did make 617whp on 75 pills. Upon sorting the car out in his new location, he installed the 150 pills. the car dropped into the 10s in the 1/4. I attached a couple of pics below.

Quote:
1. Jeff calls me out on here.
2. insults me with an $11,500 offer.
3. ask me to deliver the car 3 hours out my way.
1) Not really.
2) Never happened.
3) Based on what you told me back in September, you occasionally come to WF, and travel I35 often. Hence, it is not out of your way.

Quote:
So after listening to him talk about how he knows everything
LOL...right... After the weirdness back in September, and now this from out of nowhere... I thought, who is this guy? I may not "know everything", but I know enough now.

Quote:
we made an agreement to meet Friday. I scheduled time off of work and ask another person to follow and bring me back.
Jeff text me at 10:30 pm Wednesday night to tell me he needs to reschedule.
Yeah, you pressed me for that Friday. I did not really want to because a cold front was coming, and I'd be driving you north ~140mi round trip. It might also limit the time I had to have the oil/filter R&Red. You may not realize it, but your now edited away assertion that this is some kind of rare car because it is an A6 with an LS3 prompts more questions than interest. I was not curious why you called it rare, but more why you were avoiding the obvious. The fact that it lost one or more lifters, and took out the cam. That is the #1 reason for L99s in the junkyard. Of course my only concern was where did that shrapnel go, and how much was there. As a courtesy, I did not discuss it here.

Now, you claim someone is going to follow you? You said you already took off for a Dr's appointment up in Plano. I tentatively accepted because it was a good time for you already being off, and almost 30% of the way here.

Not that it is any of your business, but my mother had a stroke. That is why I cancelled. It is also why I was unable to answer your text offering to reschedule to Thursday. Well that, and the fact you sent it at 12:39AM Thursday morning. Followed by that silly rant at 1AM.

Quote:
Buyers or sellers beware
Indeed...GLWS.
Attached Images

scdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:54 PM   #17
Ed93

Wink

Jeff I could care less how many things you have sold on here. And I truly hope your mom is ok, I would hate for you to use her as an excuse (karma is a mother).
You have yet to buy anything from anyone on here based off of your “trader rating”.
so all of what your quoting, just sounds like your trying to justify your ignorance.
Next time just simply say, IF ONLY IT WAS A 6spd.🤣 and move on.
Old 03-07-2023, 11:06 PM   #18
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
What’s the deal on the engine with the dirt and open intakes? Was that a blown motor from it or something else, ?
Old 03-07-2023, 11:07 PM   #19
gen=5

The auto is plus for young ppl just learning to drive like my son..
Old 03-08-2023, 09:59 AM   #20
Ed93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
What’s the deal on the engine with the dirt and open intakes? Was that a blown motor from it or something else, ?
That is normal rode grim.
Please read all of my post regarding said vehicle.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:32 AM   #21
gen=5

Ok what’s up with the old motor, pics..
Old 03-22-2023, 06:47 AM   #22
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed93 View Post
Come on now, why pay more for a tricked out Camaro!
Build your own and save a lot.
TTT
$15,500
Don’t take this wrong but it’s always cheaper to buy a car that’s finished than one that needs what you want it to have down the road..
Old 03-22-2023, 06:48 AM   #23
gen=5

There’s plenty for another 5k which have 600whp and run 10seconds all day long, your not going to drop a built motor and a blower for 5k in that unless someone sells it cheap and pays the labor for you too.

Now that said there’s also plenty which don’t come up to this one’s standard either being so close to stock yet has just enough installed to be on the edge of only needing a blower since a stock LS can handle 800whp anyway , not for 100k miles but long enough that with care it might still be running in 10yr s..

So I agree this is a good deal, and I wouldn’t be commenting so much if I wasn’t thinking about buying it, instead of the 800hp gen4 cause my silly kid doesn’t like the front end on the gen4 SS ..

Last edited by gen=5; 03-22-2023 at 06:53 AM. Reason: One
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:54 AM   #24
gen=5

Pm sent I’m local..
Old 03-22-2023, 07:13 AM   #25
Ed93

Quote:
Pm sent I’m local..
Message sent.
I’m only getting notifications if I get a PM, I set it up this way on purpose.
Thank you
Ed
Old 03-23-2023, 08:34 PM   #26
Ed93

Quote:
Pm sent I’m local..
This guy is working on his post count. Lol
Old 03-24-2023, 12:37 PM   #27
gen=5

Lol..never thought of that,but I’ve been around long enough already,,..