Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-03-2022, 03:02 PM   #29
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
When were we ever energy independent, when everything was horse and buggy?

Would renewable resources get us back that independence? I don't think I've ever lived in a time where I could use my own resources to generate energy. I've always had to pay someone.
Yep, we even have to pay for Solar panel systems which to reasonably generate the power to run a modern 2500 sq/ft 2 story home is going to run you tens of thousands of dollars. And it entirely depends on just how much sun you actually get all year long rather or not that system is even feasible to use.

You are ALWAYS paying someone for free energy.

Windmills? Sure, also not cheap and also dependent on wind. No wind no power. No sun no power.

The future is in Tesla Generators... Now if only we can get the government to unlock Tesla's research. But of course Utility companies won't be having that.

Food for thought: The first Hydrogen water fueled engine was invented and prototyped back in 1967. And it ran for 5 days straight.

Anyone wonder what happened to that design? PM me if you want to know the truth about that one.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:16 PM   #30
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Yep, we even have to pay for Solar panel systems which to reasonably generate the power to run a modern 2500 sq/ft 2 story home is going to run you tens of thousands of dollars. And it entirely depends on just how much sun you actually get all year long rather or not that system is even feasible to use.

You are ALWAYS paying someone for free energy.

Windmills? Sure, also not cheap and also dependent on wind. No wind no power. No sun no power.

The future is in Tesla Generators... Now if only we can get the government to unlock Tesla's research. But of course Utility companies won't be having that.

Food for thought: The first Hydrogen water fueled engine was invented and prototyped back in 1967. And it ran for 5 days straight.

Anyone wonder what happened to that design? PM me if you want to know the truth about that one.

Now if you believe the scientists, you know those people that actually spent their careers studying their field, what are the costs of us not attempting to go renewable (the increased natural disasters)? Of course, that's going to require people to stop rejecting the empirical evidence of man's activity towards the changing of our climate. I don't see that happening as we still have some people that believe windmills cause cancer. My personal opinion is that some people want the world to burn, are actively rooting for it to burn because they believe that there's some sort of prophecy to it. And sadly, that agenda is pushing us further and further down.

I'm actually for nuclear energy if we can make it 99.99999999% safe. Unfortunately, there's a lot of misinformation about that as well and people tune out anything "nuclear". We can't continue down this path without something severe happening, but like I said some people are really wanting something severe to happen.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:24 PM   #31
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Now if you believe the scientists, you know those people that actually spent their careers studying their field, what are the costs of us not attempting to go renewable (the increased natural disasters)? Of course, that's going to require people to stop rejecting the empirical evidence of man's activity towards the changing of our climate. I don't see that happening as we still have some people that believe windmills cause cancer. My personal opinion is that some people want the world to burn, are actively rooting for it to burn because they believe that there's some sort of prophecy to it. And sadly, that agenda is pushing us further and further down.

I'm actually for nuclear energy if we can make it 99.99999999% safe. Unfortunately, there's a lot of misinformation about that as well and people tune out anything "nuclear". We can't continue down this path without something severe happening, but like I said some people are really wanting something severe to happen.
Yes, Nuclear power has a bad rep. It really is reliable again assuming it can be made safe like you said.

Yet some how it works in a Submarine just fine?

Food for thought: The oldest Nuclear powered submarine was put in service in 1955. I don't recall any incident in history where a Nuclear Powered Submarine Reactor failed catastrophically. (like Chernobyl catastrophically)

2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:01 PM   #32
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Yes, Nuclear power has a bad rep. It really is reliable again assuming it can be made safe like you said.

Yet some how it works in a Submarine just fine?

Food for thought: The oldest Nuclear powered submarine was put in service in 1955. I don't recall any incident in history where a Nuclear Powered Submarine Reactor failed catastrophically. (like Chernobyl catastrophically)

I think there might be a few movies about it. I'm still hopeful for a "Mr. Fusion" in my lifetime.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:08 PM   #33
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
I think there might be a few movies about it. I'm still hopeful for a "Mr. Fusion" in my lifetime.
The Delorean was technically an EV in that case... lol

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #34
flobb

Drives: 2022 2SS
Quote:
I'm perfectly ok with gas prices going up to $10 a gallon. This means less of you mooks will be on the road when I decide to take the car out.
Regardless of how high gas prices go, the roads will always be packed with everyday SUVs. There is no sensibility to gas consumption. Karen/Tim absolutely must drive her Escalade to Starbucks and Whole Foods twice a day. She/He doesn't even look at the pump. Just puts the magic plastic in it and carries on.
flobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:05 PM   #35
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
pray for me guys...i live in california haha

this taken in rosamond btw close to willow springs
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2022, 05:47 PM   #36
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Yeah, you'll just have all those other mooks in their sensible cars clogging up the roadways.
Well, that's my nightmare - roads full of Priuses
Allez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 06:05 PM   #37
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by flobb View Post
Regardless of how high gas prices go, the roads will always be packed with everyday SUVs. There is no sensibility to gas consumption. Karen/Tim absolutely must drive her Escalade to Starbucks and Whole Foods twice a day. She/He doesn't even look at the pump. Just puts the magic plastic in it and carries on.
That's quite a stereotype.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 06:31 PM   #38
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Years ago the last time gas prices spiked very high my best friend just got married and bought a Ford excursion V 10. I said are you crazy that thing gets 8 miles to the gallon. He said to me with a straight face you can’t put a price on safety. I’d say 18 months later he was selling it at a huge loss. I said well, guess we can put a price on safety it’s five dollars a gallon. Lol
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 06:50 PM   #39
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Reporting from LA
Attached Images

RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 06:58 PM   #40
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Forget the gas. Michelin PS4S going on Saturday to the tune of $2000 installed
Can relate
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 07:04 PM   #41
SSUNDVL

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
thank the lord for e85
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 07:33 PM   #42
flobb

Drives: 2022 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSUNDVL View Post
thank the lord for e85
yeah, I don't plan on voiding my warranty but am really thinking about ordering the parts just to have in case I "need" it down the road.
flobb is offline   Reply With Quote