Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-25-2022, 05:19 PM   #15
hvnbnd

Drives: Camaro SS2 1LE
All the videos I have seen where the driver is exceeding 100mph, the sound quality is horrific. Where is the sound coming from? Is it because HPDE requires window to be open?
hvnbnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:13 PM   #16
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvnbnd View Post
All the videos I have seen where the driver is exceeding 100mph, the sound quality is horrific. Where is the sound coming from? Is it because HPDE requires window to be open?

Microphones housed along with the camera in the rear view mirror. Sound quality is better with the windows up. You can successfully tap in (solder) and run a wire to the back of the car with a mic in the trunk or at the back bumper
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 02:19 AM   #17
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
I’ve been looking into this I’m trying to decide whether to order it or not and I noticed that if you get the PDR it deletes the forward collision alert. It’s $1300 option. One concern I have is as technology improves will something external be better like a dash cam windshield mounted device. We all know how fast technology changes. Will this PDR look like an old black-and-white television in 10 years? Lol For example I’m not ordering my car with NAV. I always use my phone and I don’t want to be doing any of those expensive updates.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 02:47 AM   #18
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
I’ve been looking into this I’m trying to decide whether to order it or not and I noticed that if you get the PDR it deletes the forward collision alert. It’s $1300 option.
Funny you mention that. Actually I was on the fence on getting PDR until I saw that it deletes the forward collision alert, which I believe also applies the brakes for you if it deems necessary.

I have that in a different car, and it occasionally activate as false positive, which is unsettling at best and downright dangerous at worst.

Yes it annoys me this much I was willing to pay $1300 to make sure I don’t get it in my performance car!!!

The PDR features are just a bonus to me

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote