Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #29
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
How exactly would moving it change anything? Nothing is built anywhere now so what is there to move? They are just gonna set up shop in the new plant. Hell it could already have been there for a year already waiting to go into CTF mode. How would anyone who isn't supposed to know, know!? Ya know?
That's what I was thinking. The future plant could have been well into conversion before the switch from Canada to the U.S. was announced. Heck, the first 6th gen Camaro could roll off the U.S. line as the last 5th gen is rolling off the line in Oshawa. We are so uninformed.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #30
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Speculation, guessing and BS. Until someone with some authority says something, don't believe anything.
Wouldn't Mike be someone w authority? I thought he said they would stop producing Camaros at his plant in 2015 or something. Couple that with GMs announcement that 6th gen Camaros will be produced in America. It makes sense that that's when the 6th will come out.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #31
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
I agree with the dealer being full of crap.

however GM history shows us that the typical life span of a given design or model is 6 - 7 years.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The Rumormill says that the car appeared as a 2016 MY in internal systems.....take that for what it's worth...

From my perspective...the car is selling well enough, and performing awesome enough...to not need to rush a new generation out the door...
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #33
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Wouldn't Mike be someone w authority? I thought he said they would stop producing Camaros at his plant in 2015 or something. Couple that with GMs announcement that 6th gen Camaros will be produced in America. It makes sense that that's when the 6th will come out.
Not to diminish Mike's comments, but Scott, Cheryl, Al or Ed etc would have more authority. Upper management has the details and won't be talking out of turn.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #34
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
99% of dealers know nothing about future product schedules. And of course they don't want you to wait, they want to sell cars now and not worry about two years from now.
Heh, ya. I bought my 11 in mid August 11. I asked the dealer when he thought they would get the new 12s in. He said, ooh, probably not until at least Jan '12... when I went in to sign the papers the sales manager told me the same thing. Then I told him the dealer up the road had some 12s he wanted to sell me for as much as this 11! I punched them up on the website on my phone and showed him.... he he... I got a good deal and I got the RJT I really wanted.

About a week later, i dove by the dealer and saw a whole row of 12s right out front...

Dealers want your money NOW! Theyll tell you whatever crap they can come up with if they think it will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #35
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
This is long winded, bear with me.

I wouldn’t believe too much of what these dealers are telling you. Like others have said these guys only want to sell cars, they will tell you anything to get you to put an order in for one.

I talked to a salesman here where I live (I have known this guy for about 15 years) about future updates to the Camaro (6th gen. ZL1 body changes and the upgraded engine option). His response was that he doesn’t get too much information about car design or changes until the car is almost released. He said there is probably more information on the car forums and internet than what he could give me.

The only problem I could see about waiting to order a car would be with the ZL1 in 2012. Some orders were pushed into the 2013 build cycle and instead of getting a 2012 order the car was slated for a 2013 order.

This is probably one of the reasons I am going to put in an order for a ZL1 sooner than later. I like the current design of the car. I already know I will be playing the waiting game and if I have to wait for one I want it to be in the current body style.

I can’t remember where I read this, but the article went on to say the 5th generation Camaro has been selling very well with its current design; and the fact that the engineers had their work cut out for them if they were going to improve the look of the current car.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some department at GM headquarters (not to mention all the other car manufactures) that monitors forums like these to see what the consensus is on car changes etc. It makes you wonder if they throw bits and pieces on the net to see what kind of reaction they will get as well.

Anyway sorry for the length but I had to throw in my 2 cents worth.

Note:

Sorry I focused on the ZL1; I know you are going to order a 1le. This information would probably apply to both cars.

Last edited by ernie scar; 01-12-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: more info added
ernie scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #36
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie scar View Post

I wouldn’t believe too much of what these dealers are telling you. Like others have said these guys only want to sell cars, they will tell you anything to get you to put an order in for one.

I talked to a salesman here where I live (I have known this guy for about 15 years) about future updates to the Camaro (6th gen. ZL1 body changes and the upgraded engine option). His response was that he doesn’t get too much information about car design or changes until the car is almost released. He said there is probably more information on the car forums and internet than what he could give me.

The only problem I could see about waiting to order a car would be with the ZL1 in 2012. Some orders were pushed into the 2013 build cycle and instead of getting a 2012 order the car was slated for a 2013 order.

This is probably one of the reasons I am going to put in an order for a ZL1 sooner than later. I like the current design of the car. I already know I will be playing the waiting game and if I have to wait for one I want it to be in the current body style.

I can’t remember where I read this, but the article went on to say the 5th generation Camaro has been selling very well with its current design; and the fact that the engineers had their work cut out for them if they were going to improve the look of the current car.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some department at GM headquarters (not to mention all the other car manufactures) that monitors forums like these to see what the consensus is on car changes etc. It makes you wonder if they throw bits and pieces on the net to see what kind of reaction they will get as well.

Note:

Sorry I focused on the ZL1; I know you are going to order a 1le. This information would probably apply to both cars.

I enjoyed that thoroughly

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #37
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie scar View Post

Note:

There was a member of "the twelve desciples (of which there really 13)" on this forum asking us members what we would like to see in the next Camaro.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #38
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
There was a member of "the twelve desciples (of which there really 13)" on this forum asking us members what we would like to see in the next Camaro.
About half of the Disciples are members of camaro5.

And just keep in mind - the ZL1 was originally just going to be offered in the manual transmission. We, Camaro5, convinced them to offer it with both transmissions.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #39
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
About half of the Disciples are members of camaro5.

And just keep in mind - the ZL1 was originally just going to be offered in the manual transmission. We, Camaro5, convinced them to offer it with both transmissions.
This kind of interaction and involvement makes me proud beyond words. We are truly blessed; call it what you want.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #40
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
The last GM meeting my friends were told the 2015 model car is the new 6th gen body style. I plan on dumping both my 2010 and 2013 then. :-)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #41
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
I agree, why change it if it's still so popular! and GM is still making its biggest revenue from the Camaro and still outselling the Mustang

If the GM Design Team needs some inspiration for the next 6th Gen, here is my own concept I made , what do you guys think ?

Inspired from the new 2014 Corvette with the new LEDs , new curved lines...
Attached Images

horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #42
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Sooo...is it a Camarovette?

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation