Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #99
Ernie Rossi

Drives: 2013 camero ss2 convertible
The only thing I do not like about the c-7 vette is------------------I don't own one---YET! But I will!
I just purchased the 2013 2ss/rs convertible because they changed the tail lights on the 2014, I love those tail lights, that and the intimidating front end makes this car a BEAST!
Ernie Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #100
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Rossi View Post
The only thing I do not like about the c-7 vette is------------------I don't own one---YET! But I will!
I just purchased the 2013 2ss/rs convertible because they changed the tail lights on the 2014, I love those tail lights, that and the intimidating front end makes this car a BEAST!
agree!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #101
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

I only like the back of the C7 Corvette. That's good for me though because I can get the C6 . Which I love everything about. They should've made the silver vette that was in transformers. Now that was a stingray but the new vette isn't ugly though.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #102

Drives: Getaway Special
I really don't believe the new C7 could have been any better.
Design: It is superb and emotionally penetrating. Living "Art".
Quality: From base 1LT to 3LT is perfection at reasonable price.
Engineering/Powertrain: Leading edge. Room for improvement. Z51 Pkg awesome.

Regarding the "retro" discussions.. don't care which way they go. As long as they differentiate themselves with the "American Muscle" look and feel. The previous C6 was getting a bit euro. The sharpness and cues on the C7 have bridged back to "muscle"...
Again... wow! With the Z51, why would a ZR1 or Z07 really be necessary for the majority of folks? Home run Chevy. Covered enough bases in ONE model to appeal to 96% of buyers!

I'd sure like to see the new Gen6 Camaro do the same thing.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #103
kdepew

Drives: 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
I really don't believe the new C7 could have been any better.
Design: It is superb and emotionally penetrating. Living "Art".
Quality: From base 1LT to 3LT is perfection at reasonable price.
Engineering/Powertrain: Leading edge. Room for improvement. Z51 Pkg awesome.

Regarding the "retro" discussions.. don't care which way they go. As long as they differentiate themselves with the "American Muscle" look and feel. The previous C6 was getting a bit euro. The sharpness and cues on the C7 have bridged back to "muscle"...
Again... wow! With the Z51, why would a ZR1 or Z07 really be necessary for the majority of folks? Home run Chevy. Covered enough bases in ONE model to appeal to 96% of buyers!

I'd sure like to see the new Gen6 Camaro do the same thing.
Saying the quality on the C7 is "perfection" is a bit premature given no one even has one yet. Going overboard like that suggests you aren't being very objective.

My opinion on the C7 (and I know that others will have differing opinions):
- Front looks good.
- Side looks mostly good. The area around the hatch doesn't look great to my eyes but looks OK.
- The rear is a design fail.
- The little Stingray/Guitar logo looks stupid and should go.
- Too many vents (functional on Z51 or not).
- Interior looks like a big step up from the previous generation.
- Power is fine. Not a big bump, but the C6 already had good power.
- Weight went up in the C7 which is a serious fail. The weight increase wasn't huge, but the weight should have come down. This concerns me from a Camaro perspective.
- I havent set in one, but from others that have it looks like the C7 compromised rear visibility which I don't like.

All in all, I think it is a great car except the rear is so ugly.
kdepew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #104
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdepew View Post
Saying the quality on the C7 is "perfection" is a bit premature given no one even has one yet. Going overboard like that suggests you aren't being very objective.

My opinion on the C7 (and I know that others will have differing opinions):
- Front looks good.
- Side looks mostly good. The area around the hatch doesn't look great to my eyes but looks OK.
- The rear is a design fail.
- The little Stingray/Guitar logo looks stupid and should go.
- Too many vents (functional on Z51 or not).
- Interior looks like a big step up from the previous generation.
- Power is fine. Not a big bump, but the C6 already had good power.
- Weight went up in the C7 which is a serious fail. The weight increase wasn't huge, but the weight should have come down. This concerns me from a Camaro perspective.
- I havent set in one, but from others that have it looks like the C7 compromised rear visibility which I don't like.

All in all, I think it is a great car except the rear is so ugly.
The weight going up is not a fail at all let alone a serious one.

The car has so much technology and features on it that making the aluminum frame and carbon fiber standard on the base car was required.

The aluminum frame and CF we put on the C6 Z06 saved 165 pounds allowing the Z06 to be a huge win. My team had actually removed the power cinching latch on the hatch to save almost 4 additional pounds. It was later put back in as customers wanted the easier closing hatch. But if you look at the ZR1, almost all of the weight was put back in to get the car the leather interior, sound deadening, MR shocks, etc.

The only way the C7 would have weighed less would have been to make it bare bones and that sure wouldn't win Porsche fans over as their cars have wonderful interiors as well as performance.

They may still do a light weight car. Who knows. We used to propose doing exactly that. Take a C6 base car and use the aluminum frame and CF bits but use the base car brakes, engine etc.. This would have resulted in a nearly 3,000 pound car with an LS3. That would have been something.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #105
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Doesn't the 3LT add significant weight over the 1LT? The 3LT has been what all Corvettes tested have been. Therefore the weight we've heard mentioned has always been from a fully loaded car.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #106
JayOne

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE
I like the C7, almost more than the C6, but I have a feeling Chevy will mess up the 6th gen camaro. I'm not a big fan in the new rear lights for 2014, kinda tells me they are moving in a bad direction.
JayOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:10 AM   #107
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The only downer for me his how high up on the bumper they are going with the rear difusser.
revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #108
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayOne View Post
I like the C7, almost more than the C6, but I have a feeling Chevy will mess up the 6th gen camaro. I'm not a big fan in the new rear lights for 2014, kinda tells me they are moving in a bad direction.
agree! and I love the Look of the C6 too.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #109
kdepew

Drives: 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The weight going up is not a fail at all let alone a serious one.

The car has so much technology and features on it that making the aluminum frame and carbon fiber standard on the base car was required.

The aluminum frame and CF we put on the C6 Z06 saved 165 pounds allowing the Z06 to be a huge win. My team had actually removed the power cinching latch on the hatch to save almost 4 additional pounds. It was later put back in as customers wanted the easier closing hatch. But if you look at the ZR1, almost all of the weight was put back in to get the car the leather interior, sound deadening, MR shocks, etc.

The only way the C7 would have weighed less would have been to make it bare bones and that sure wouldn't win Porsche fans over as their cars have wonderful interiors as well as performance.

They may still do a light weight car. Who knows. We used to propose doing exactly that. Take a C6 base car and use the aluminum frame and CF bits but use the base car brakes, engine etc.. This would have resulted in a nearly 3,000 pound car with an LS3. That would have been something.
Would you be happy if they went to the lighter Alpha platform and did other things to take weight out of the Camaro and then added it all back with increased features and technology? The Camaro needs a weight reduction. If they add alot of great stuff but the weight ends up the same, that is a failure in my opinion.

They did alot of things on the Corvette C7 to reduce weight but then ended up with a slightly heavier car (1LT C7 versus base C6 was a weight increase) because they did add alot of features and technology. Granted that the Corvette didn't need to go on as much of a diet as the Camaro, but it is still going in the wrong direction. At a minimum, I think they should have made sure the overall weight came down slightly so they were headed in the right direction, even if it does mean certain features and technology had to be omitted. Using the weight reductions to make other improvements on the Corvette is fine, just don't end up increasing the weight in the end.

It does give me concern that something similar will happen with the Camaro. I do think they will reduce the weight. However, the Camaro needs serious weight reduction. I am afraid the weight reductions will be less than expected and significantly less than was possible given weight savings measures they take because they likely will add alot of features and technology. About the only weight adders I personally would like to see are in regards to a higher quality (which doesn't mean the addition of a ton of electronics) interior. I have no idea how much weight nicer leather and materials would add to a car (though you may because it sounds like you have experience in car design and in particular with weight impacts).
kdepew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #110
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdepew View Post
Would you be happy if they went to the lighter Alpha platform and did other things to take weight out of the Camaro and then added it all back with increased features and technology? The Camaro needs a weight reduction. If they add alot of great stuff but the weight ends up the same, that is a failure in my opinion.

They did alot of things on the Corvette C7 to reduce weight but then ended up with a slightly heavier car (1LT C7 versus base C6 was a weight increase) because they did add alot of features and technology. Granted that the Corvette didn't need to go on as much of a diet as the Camaro, but it is still going in the wrong direction. At a minimum, I think they should have made sure the overall weight came down slightly so they were headed in the right direction, even if it does mean certain features and technology had to be omitted. Using the weight reductions to make other improvements on the Corvette is fine, just don't end up increasing the weight in the end.

It does give me concern that something similar will happen with the Camaro. I do think they will reduce the weight. However, the Camaro needs serious weight reduction. I am afraid the weight reductions will be less than expected and significantly less than was possible given weight savings measures they take because they likely will add alot of features and technology. About the only weight adders I personally would like to see are in regards to a higher quality (which doesn't mean the addition of a ton of electronics) interior. I have no idea how much weight nicer leather and materials would add to a car (though you may because it sounds like you have experience in car design and in particular with weight impacts).
Nice try..but..this post is like reading a newspaper article from last year or beyond. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #111
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayOne View Post
This would get your blood pumping!
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #112
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
^.....I love that pic, just sayin'....

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation