Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-25-2013, 03:36 AM   #43
264HSV

Drives: 2009 HSV WM Grange
If you can get a deal like this on a model/colour you're not wrapped in.....you will get the same deal, if not a better one no the model/colour you really want. Use this offer as a bargaining chip to other dealers.
264HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:37 AM   #44
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
you may not love it, but every single person i know is absolutely in love with victory red.
+1

I never disliked the red but it definitely wasn't my first color choice. I had seen a Summit White, black, & silver ZL1 in person & while I knew I had to have a Z I also knew it wasn't in any of those colors. IOM was, and actually still is, my first color choice but once I saw it in Victory Red I fell in love! As it is the ZL1 demands attention & coupled with the bright red color it just screamed at me. OP you sound more excited about the deal than the actual car, so having said that I think you should pass. I'm sure there's another person out there looking for that exact car & they'll be thrilled to find it with the kind of deal they're offering.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #45
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
It's funny so many are mentioning the top, that's the part my wife does not care for the most. She said it only looks good on dark colored cars.
I almost agree with your wife... but don't think the soft top looks goof on ANY color of ANY car unless it's open.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #46
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
I'd go with the Red and do a good appearance theme to go with the color.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #47
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Having traded from a 2011 l99 triple black 2ss/rs convertible to a CRT 2ss/rs coupe 2013 I did it because...the additional options on the 2013, the color I wanted, the options I wanted, the need to use sunbrella on the top and clean it from floating dog hair and pollen and I live in a mostly rainy state, that and I wanted a manual as they feel so much more alive and with the dual mode make my l99 feel as a distant bad memory. That was worth the thousands I lost in equity/depreciation only if I keep the car I traded for or if ever I trade do not loose my shirt on it......... You would most likely not like the convertible has the speed limited to the same as the ss 155 not that your going to go that fast.... And you would not like it lacks all the performance modes..... Also the vert had softer ride than the coupe, you would find the same I am sure. Black for me just did not do it is such a bear to keep clean it made me angry, I originally went to the lot looking for a red jewel SS and it was gone so I bought what was there that was the best. Wish I had not done that, as a year later I did get what I wanted in a color with the options I wanted and it cost me, I could have a zl1 right now but they are not so practical for daily drivers without shelling out a bunch more for gas and to change the tires over for cold weather here...
You know ultimately IF its the right choice...you can highlight the new car with stripes, and what ever...but I knew and did no mods to the 2011 as I knew what I had was not what I really wanted, and yes the auto trans felt weak especially compared to my manual I have now and the dual mode rocks. I could have got a zl1 in your color form the local dealer most likely but did not want a dark color again and they made me mad not getting it in crystal red as they had my deposit, so I took my money back and went 50 miles to get more of what I like. Taste is dependent on the person, god help us some people like white. OMFG I and my wife hate white so damn bad. And I found out when you work outside as much as I do which is most of the day...you do not want to have the sun beating down on you too much on your time off with the top down....... And it can be annoying to womens hair especially......... Ps.s I go look at all the deals on autotrader all the time and you would be surprised I have seen 2013 zl1s for less than 50 with hardly a mile on them.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #48
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Gonna be hard for me to trade now. Wife bought me a Nixon watch (I've been eying) to match my AGM.

Anyway after much thought and great opinions I am going to stick with my AGM, I'm just not a red guy and don't know if I'd ever be happy with it. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS

Last edited by nyrfan; 12-25-2013 at 09:26 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #49
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Gonna be hard for me to trade now. Wife bought me a watch to match my AGM.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS
You know that she did this on purpose.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #50
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
You know that she did this on purpose.
Lol, you are probably right.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #51
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Having owned 3 red Camaro convertibles, I'll argue for both the red and the convertible.

First off, that's one heck of deal on an auto ZL1 convertible to pass up just because of the color isn't your favorite. Red is easy to accent with other colors which gives you tons of options to make the color fit your taste.

I can tell you from experience, you'll get lots of attention driving a red Camaro convertible. I get tons of thumbs up from other drivers when I'm out with the top down. I've even had drivers strike up a conversation waiting on a red light. Red just plain stands out and gets noticed. They don't call it arrest me red for nothing...

Your wife may not like the black top when it's up, but she'll love it when it's down. My wife absolutely adores riding around in our ZL1 with the top down. Her and I have so much fun joy riding on a warm summer evening with the top down and our favorite tunes blaring on the radio.

The only way I'd say to pass up this deal is if you track or plan to track your car. That's when I'll admit the convertible becomes a liability because of its lack of roll protection.

If, on the other hand, you do all street driving, then I say go for it. It's a great deal and a great color.

Here's a few photos of my car just to show what can be done with red.
That looks sick! I love convertibles and coupes . Great job!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #52
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
You don't like a Red convertible??!! I don't understand that at all. Around here they call it Resell Red because you can always sell a red car.
I know I'll probably get flamed, but the only thing I don't like about it, is those ugly black wheels. Why anyone would think that covering up shiny aluminum wheels with black paint, so you can't see them, is an improvement, is beyond me. If you can afford a 60k car, you can afford wheels that don't make it look like a taxi cab. I know those black wheels are all the rage, but I think it's just a fad that will pass soon, because there's no way anyone can look at those ugly black wheels and see any enduring beauty.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 12-25-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #53
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
You don't like a Red convertible??!! I don't understand that at all. Around here they call it Resell Red because you can always sell a red car.
I know I'll probably get flamed, but the only thing I don't like about it, is those ugly black wheels. Why anyone would think that covering up shiny aluminum wheels with black paint, so you can't see them, is an improvement, is beyond me. If you can afford a 60k car you can afford wheels that don't make it look like a taxi cab. I know those black wheels are all the rage, but I think it's just a fad that will pass soon, because there's no way anyone can look at those ugly black wheels and see any enduring beauty.
Resell red is in KY, but in FL where the OP resides it doesn't apply
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #54
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
A good thing about red that I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that your car will stand out. In this time of monochrome cars (white, black, and various shades of silver and gray in between) the cars with color stand out. On the block where I live there are about 12 cars and trucks. Most of the others are silver or gray, with 2 whites and 1 black for "variety." Mine is the only car with color (red, yellow green, blue, etc.). Look in a parking lot or a car dealer lot and you'll see the same thing. Only about 10% or less of the cars are a color. Do something different, buy a bright color car.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #55
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Resell red is in KY, but in FL where the OP resides it doesn't apply
Could be, but I'm willing to bet that even in Florida, red is a big seller.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 12-25-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #56
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Great deal on a ZL1 but not fond of the color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
Could be, but I'm willing to bet that even Florida, red is a big seller.

I'm guessing not as that ZL1 has been on the lot for months and is now 11k under sticker and still not selling.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS