Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-14-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
vaib

Drives: Red Camaro
Who got theirs shipped from another state?

Who got their camaro shipped and/or custom ordered from another state? How was your experience and do you recommend it?

ty
vaib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #2
Gettingood
2016 2SS NPP MRC Glowtie

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Go See Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaib View Post
Who got their camaro shipped and/or custom ordered from another state? How was your experience and do you recommend it?

ty
I purchased my 2016 2SS from Becky. It was almost completely done over the internet and it was the easiest car purchase I have ever made. I drove my trade in to her and picked mine up as it is only a 4 hour drive from my home to Rodgers Chevrolet. I know they ship all over the country.
Gettingood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #3
vaib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingood View Post
I purchased my 2016 2SS from Becky. It was almost completely done over the internet and it was the easiest car purchase I have ever made. I drove my trade in to her and picked mine up as it is only a 4 hour drive from my home to Rodgers Chevrolet. I know they ship all over the country.
why as opposed to your local dealers? Did you get a better deal?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #4
Gettingood
2016 2SS NPP MRC Glowtie

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Every dealer in my area first of all has maybe one 2SS in stock and they all wanted sticker with very little wiggle room. Becky saved me thousands compared to what my local dealers wanted.
Gettingood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #5
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
You just don't know........

All hail Becky!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:12 PM   #6
vaib

will have to find out I guess
Old 03-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #7
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
If nothing else (and there are several reasons I'm glad I went with Becky), her cars don't have to go on a train. I think (but can't prove) that going with her eliminated all of the shipping delays associated with the train system. Not -quite- as good as a factory pick up, but well worth the drive to go get it.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #8
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
My custom ordered Camaro was botched by the dealership. Long story, but when all was said and done, they found the exact car that I wanted so they had it driven to their dealership, 326 miles. It arrived perfectly after the dealership detailed it and because of their screw-up, I got a much better deal. I love my Camaro

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:09 PM   #9
Flyerthan007

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue 2LT RS
I'm glad I went to Becky, it was the easiest process and the best person to deal with. I had my car shipped directly from her to my front door, no waiting on a train or anything simply the best.
Flyerthan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #10
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
When I bought mine I had looked at and driven a few others before my local dealer called me and told me they had just received one very close to what I was looking for. We went to the dealership and indeed, it was almost exactly as we would have ordered it. Having driven a couple others in the same configuration, we didn't drive this one, but when we arrived it had all the transport wrappings etc still wadded up in the passenger seat with shipping tags etc still in place and looked like it had just come off the truck.

We got ready to make the deal and the salesman, a friend from the Corvette club, said they had discovered a small slice in one of the axle CV joint boots and they'd need to fix it before we could have the car. Said they figured the transport company had somehow caused it.

Ok, no problem. A couple days later we went in, closed the deal, did the paperwork, and did the hour long run through of all the systems etc. We drove away giddy with excitement....until I happened to scroll through the gauges and saw that the car had 300 miles on it!

I was pissed! I called the salesman and asked what the heck was going on. Only then did he tell me that the car had been part of a dealer trade and had been driven 285 miles from another dealership across Washington...over a mountain pass in the winter!! I was, and am, seriously pissed off. Not only because we'd completed the deal under the assumption that the car had just been unloaded off the transport, but because the salesman had listened to several conversations we were having regarding buying brand new, and getting a car that had not been rodded on test drives etc and didn't say anything about the car having already been driven nearly 300 miles!

To make matters worse, it now brings into question the damaged CV boot and how did it really happen. Had the driver run over something that damaged the boot and other portions of the undercarriage? Had the car been driven with oil leaking out of the boot spraying oil all over the undercarriage? Why tell me you were holding the transport company responsible when you can hardly blame them after you've driven the car 300 miles before making the claim?

The salesman told me they had replaced the entire axle assembly rather than just the CV boot, which leads me to believe there was more damage than just a slit in the boot, or why wouldn't they have simply replaced the boot?

I'm seriously not happy with the dealership, or the salesman whom I considered a friend! They have agreed to pay for and install the splash guards I had already ordered which amounts to a little over $300, but personally I'd have rather paid for the splash guards myself and had a car fresh off the truck!

I've been assured that the drivers they hire are little old 65 year old guys who are very gentle on the cars etc, but the whole thing has me irritated!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:56 PM   #11
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
I kinda understand your reaction, Your Dealer avoided telling you "The whole story". That's what would have PISSED Me off!!!! The idea that its had an axle replaced and had 300 miles put on it would not bother Me. Almost ALL New cars are Railed to a yard and then Trucked to the Dealers. So, even a "Brand New" car has already had ATLEAST 5 people drive it BEFORE the Dealer Sells it. I would have a "Heart to Heart" with the person and the Gen. Manager!!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #12
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Lived in AR at the time of ordering my car and ordered it from Texas, by the time it was delivered, I had moved to Kansas and after delivery, just drove home to KS. I'll never order a brand new car from a local dealership unless I live in the same town as Becky or in Dallas area lol. As for my experience, too long to write here. I could say it was the best day of my life! Don't tell that to my wife though, she might get a little pissed off since we did have 2 weddings lol.

Here is the actual write up of my experience: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429156
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #13
CAMAR0STEVE

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I'm in Tampa Florida and mine was brought up from Miami. No another state but similar idea. Reason being because I purchased from autonation and they had the one I wanted at there Miami location. They were able to beat everyone else because they didn't lose holdback by dealer trading with an outside dealer.
CAMAR0STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #14
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Mine had 326 miles on it when I got it. Of course I knew it was going to be driven from one dealership to another. However, it had everything I wanted and the dealership was working hard to give me the best deal they could and it was acceptable. They introduced me to the person who was going to pick the car up and he was an older guy like me, so I trust it wasn't hot rodded.

To me it's not a big deal even though you don't like that someone else put the first miles on the car...oh, well...mine is perfect though.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote