Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: mandatory high performance driving course for sports car owners ,& drivers
No anyone can drive any car without training 114 69.94%
Yes All drivers should have to take a high performance driving class to drive 18 11.04%
yes but only the owners at time of purchase 6 3.68%
It should just be offered,but the cost is still figured into the cost of the car. 25 15.34%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Should there be a new Law for high performance street cars

After yrs of watching the after math of people of all ages driving ,and either killing them selves,others or just wrecking cars they should of never driven to begin with.I have come to the conclusion that there are people that should not be allowed to drive these vehicles on a public road without some sort of training that goes way beyond the normal drivers ED of high school....
Why parents allow kids to drive 200mph cars is just crazy,and plain dumb in most cases,Other than those parents that have a back ground in racing or some sort of weekend racing with enough experience and skill to teach those kids how to drive on a track first,while it also gives them a outlet to drive the vehicle in the way it was intended to be..

No matter how much a parent may love and think that their kid is responsible enough not to speed and race on the street behind their back,understand this, YOUR KID WILL DO IT NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY.....

While I believe in the american dream,and everyone has the right to enjoy the money they earn through hard work,others on the street also have the right to not be place in harms way because of people that are a danger driving a car that's over their head.....

I am not one that enjoys having government in every aspect of my life either ,but there are times when they should be....We are a nation of laws used to protect each other,and the simple drivers ED class that is taken by 16yr old kids is not enough to teach drivers to handle a high power sports on a public road at a early age or yrs later...

How many people think that there should be a mandatory high performance class given to everyone that purchases a high end sports car,either new or used....It could be like a exemption on their drivers lic...to be taken once.....
Plus that way if we ever have high speed freeways in the U.S. those with it could be allowed to drive as fast as they want to in the fast lane....

Those of us that race have to past tests in order to compete in certain classes to prove we can operate a race car at high speed on a track,yet on a public road even though there are speed limits we allow anyone to drive off the lot without training with a 200mph plus sports car ???? its just crazy ....

Anyway I posted a poll...

Last edited by gen=5; 04-05-2014 at 08:55 PM.
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
white ZL1

Drives: none
Seriously?
What ever happened to personal responsibility?
Or hell, how about this novel idea....PARENT YOUR KIDS!

Take your new law and, ah well....you get it...

And there is no poll.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Sounds like natural selection to me. The stupid MUST die off!
Paladinjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinjc View Post
Sounds like natural selection to me. The stupid MUST die off!
I concur. We should kill and eat all of them
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
gen=5

Well thats what the poll is for,its not just about kids...When you buy a motorcycle they offer a free class to teach people to drive the type of bike they have purchased,street or dirt bike...
What is wrong with teaching people to learn to drive the type of car they have purchased...Most people that own a vett or a high end car have no clue how to drive it at speed,or how to handle it when it gets out of control....But like i said its just a poll,and if you think that teaching people to drive is a bad idea then vote that way....

We all have to take drivers Ed dont we ?,so what is wrong with teaching people to drive fast safely...

Last edited by gen=5; 04-05-2014 at 09:18 PM.
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Sounds just like Obamacare to me...
Having the government making choices for me again.
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #7
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
There are not enough poll options ,where is the option "tell the Nanny state to F$@k off!?"
Paladinjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
RX SS RACERX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Unhappy Um......NO!

Do the math. Stupid is stupid! Unfortunately 'kids' (and adults by the way) do dumb things in vehicles. Most happen in every day drivers, ie) Cobalts, Neons, Tauruses, etc. Like said-PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND PARENTING! When will the 'EXCUSES' stop? Just what we need, another Big Brother program to protect us from our self. Probably not a good analogy but did you happen to see Brad Keslowski on pit road-he should of took a driving class! Maybe he wouldn't of plowed Kasey??? Sorry for the rant-just sick and tired of PC BS. I may take a class in English/Grammar but NOT driving:-/
Old 04-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
SargeantSarcasm

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
I'm 19 and drive a ZL1 everyday. I worked hard all through high school and got a full paid scholarship to LSU and I'm currently working on a degree in biochemistry in preparation for med school...rather than having to spend my college tuition on school, my parents spent their saved up money on a car as a gift. Personally, I think the whole topic is kind of unnecessary. If I had a civic and wanted to race it and drive carelessly I would. I have 600+ horsepower at my disposal just like most of the ZL1 owners on the forum. I have no violations on my record and plan on keeping it that way. I drive around with ZL1 emblems on my car proudly...that way I don't have to show off for people to know my car is faster than theirs. I rather have it and not use it than not have it at all...just trying to give you guys another perspective.

Sarge
SargeantSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #10
gen=5

The fees collected can be used for things like building tracks(or keeping them afloat) or high speed road ways....
How many of you guys that have a Camaro really think you know how to drive it at speed ? and if the states did put it into effect just think about how many more local tracks that might be built in order to teach those that need it...
It might help grow the sport of road racing that has been hurting for yrs in this country compared to other countries...
Old 04-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
and you think its the cars fault because? A moron is going to be a moron regardless of the car they drive.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #12
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantSarcasm View Post
I'm 19 and drive a ZL1 everyday. I worked hard all through high school and got a full paid scholarship to LSU and I'm currently working on a degree in biochemistry in preparation for med school...rather than having to spend my college tuition on school, my parents spent their saved up money on a car as a gift. Personally, I think the whole topic is kind of unnecessary. If I had a civic and wanted to race it and drive carelessly I would. I have 600+ horsepower at my disposal just like most of the ZL1 owners on the forum. I have no violations on my record and plan on keeping it that way. I drive around with ZL1 emblems on my car proudly...that way I don't have to show off for people to know my car is faster than theirs. I rather have it and not use it than not have it at all...just trying to give you guys another perspective.

Sarge
Well said!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #13
gen=5

Quote:

Sarge
a lot of the topics on this fourm are unnecessary and the same topic over and over and over....I understand there are kids that can be trusted,(it not just kids)I understand having it and not using it...It was the same reason I purchased and paid for a ZL1750 after being disabled knowing full well I would never race competitively again,or race around in it either,I just enjoy having it..
I do not disagree with some of the comments,as we all have the right to our opinion,and it was the reason for the poll, I just dont see what is wrong with teaching people to drive,and yes you can still drive like a fool in a civic ,for that much a state board

If they had a program to just offer the course to owners, maybe that would be the best way to do it....But this is better than talking about the next color for the 10,000th time....
Old 04-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #14
RX SS RACERX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:

Sarge
I 'Salute' your maturity and ethics. My concern/sadness is the BS you will have to deal with when you get that 'Sheepskin'. The ACA, paltry Medicare reimbursements, smothering government regs, etc.....! I wanted to save the world once but it seems that 'it doesn't want saved'! Enjoy the Z and your calling