Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #43
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister45th View Post
They look smaller because they will actually be a little smaller this year. They are changing platform and the '16 model year will ride on the smaller ATS platform. So you actaully are seeing what you think you are lol.
Well, okay, but my point was not so much that the latest photos looked smaller than the 5th gen, but rather that they looked vaguely smaller than the prototypes that were driving around a couple months ago.

I don't know. Size remains to be seen. As has been hashed and rehashed many times here, Alpha doesn't necessarily mean smaller, as the Alpha-based CTS is longer than the 5th gen Camaro.

I know that there were some estimates a couple months ago of an overall length in the 186"-187" range, slightly bigger than the ATS coupe and 4 or 5 inches shorter than the 5th gen. Who knows at this point? Because of angles, distortion, etc, it's extremely hard to use photographic evidence to establish dimensions with any degree of precision.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #44
CodyBanks
CodyBanks

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Am I the only one that is tired of the ugly soft top look. It's time to start doing hardtop convertibles. Yes I know they add more weight but BMW has been able to to do it for years on the smaller sized 3 series and m3 without any issues

Also I hope they don't keep the same ugly interior. Leather should be standard. They did a good job with the new corvette hopefully we see some of that in the new camaro
CodyBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #45
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I despise the look of hardtop convertibles with their visible cut lines and the Camaro does not need the added weight that this setup will bring.

We do not have a need for standard leather on an affordable sport car, besides I do not see the need to limit options and force me or anyone else to have to put up with leather if we prefer cloth instead.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #46
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyBanks View Post
Am I the only one that is tired of the ugly soft top look. It's time to start doing hardtop convertibles. Yes I know they add more weight but BMW has been able to to do it for years on the smaller sized 3 series and m3 without any issues

Also I hope they don't keep the same ugly interior. Leather should be standard. They did a good job with the new corvette hopefully we see some of that in the new camaro
I would hate that. That is the reason I got rid of my Jeep Rubicon with hard top. I had to pick my days for riding as if there was a chance of rain, we didn't go. At least with a soft top you can put it up anytime you need it. Plus storage and finding a place to protect it. I can't see a hard top being a big seller.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #47
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Targa for the win over T-Tops...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #48
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
I would hate that. That is the reason I got rid of my Jeep Rubicon with hard top. I had to pick my days for riding as if there was a chance of rain, we didn't go. At least with a soft top you can put it up anytime you need it. Plus storage and finding a place to protect it. I can't see a hard top being a big seller.
Jeeps are not going to melt from a little rain on the inside of them, as a matter of fact I always thought that was the cool factor of a jeep..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #49
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
I'm not sure, but I think he is talking about retractable hardtop.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #50
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

It's not just the weight, but the significant cost increase as well. And keep in mind even the Cadillac ATS does not come with standard leather.

What you've just asked for is big bump in the base price.

Don't get me wrong, I'd get leather as an option. Just not sure why we need the base car to take on the extra cost.

As for the HTC? GM has had 2 in the past. The G6 and the XLR. I've driven both and neither can get 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk with the top down. To get that, you need a 3 piece HTC not 2 and that just adds more cost and more mass. BMW and Volvo for example have more than 2 piece roofs. And I'm not really sure they create that much more trunk room than what was in the G6 as an example.

So for me, I'd take the soft top just for that.

Now a hard tonneau cover? Sign me up. I'd pay the extra grand or so that would probably add.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #51
13vertss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Jeeps are not going to melt from a little rain on the inside of them, as a matter of fact I always thought that was the cool factor of a jeep..
Have you been in a jeep with top off and raining, not fun. The whole inside of windshield gets wet and there are no wipers on the inside. You get soaked and everything else. Been there done that. On a hot day, not as bad, but a cool day being wet isn't fun in my book.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #52
13vertss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrtRS13 View Post
I'm not sure, but I think he is talking about retractable hardtop.
Didn't see that anywhere, but still can't see that working very well either. The Camaro has a lot of roof compared to the two sweaters.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #53
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:

I hate the soft top look on the Camaro, personally.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #54
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
I am not a big fan of hard top convertibles on 2+2, I feel two seat sports cars are fine however I think they look odd on 2+2 vehicles. It is the extra seam in the middle of the roof that just sticks out to me and makes me cringe with fear.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #55
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Look folks,not quite sure where to post this to where most can see it,but I am looking to sell my 2010 2ss/rs,inferno o.w/i.o interior,30,000 miles,had since new,pre-ordered Dec.08',recd.7/09...have tons of extra's,mostly GM. extras,both body and performance wise,...I still love the car but I am in the market for a CTS-V COUPE,and the wife will not let me have both,...but a lot of adds that people are doing to thiers,i have done to this one,and it might save a person some $ by purchasing mine,i am looking to get $26,000
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #56
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
Look folks,not quite sure where to post this to where most can see it,but I am looking to sell my 2010 2ss/rs,inferno o.w/i.o interior,30,000 miles,had since new,pre-ordered Dec.08',recd.7/09...have tons of extra's,mostly GM. extras,both body and performance wise,...I still love the car but I am in the market for a CTS-V COUPE,and the wife will not let me have both,...but a lot of adds that people are doing to thiers,i have done to this one,and it might save a person some $ by purchasing mine,i am looking to get $26,000
Wrong forum, dude.

Try:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote