Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 06-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #71
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
It was hardcore overhyped because of the movies. And it was out of production and brought back. I'm betting that's a few good reasons it sells well. Alot are traded back in, sold or lemon lawed before they are a year old though. What does that say??
You got any links or can you prove it? My brother inlaw works for GM and since 2009 only 1 v6 and 2 L99s have been lemon lawed in his shop in Dallas. Most people buy these due to the looks and well these cars look real nice IMO.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #72
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76z28 View Post
While i agree with most of that crab being ridiculous
GM does have a tough time beating any of the japanese companies in build quality
they have came a LONNNNNNG way though
cant say anything bad about their newer stuff at all all cars included even the econo boxes
How do you figure? I moved away from japanese cars due to build quality. They have a reputation for being reliable, but build quality they do not have. The sheet metal on them is pure crap.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #73
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
OK. My take. Quality...today... surpasses all that I have ever seen in almost 4 decades of the Camaro<and GM for that matter> in fit, form, function, and overall operation of the car in total. The expectancy< and entitlement today> from some is that all should be perfect, no matter what. If our species is so flawed as a sum, why should we expect mass production of items not to be seen in the same light. I'm not complaining...perfection is something to be strived for, and likely not attainable.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #74
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
My 2010 did suck but I chalked it up to first run blues. I broke my own rule of never buying a new model. So I blame myself more than GM. It's a fact of life that companies use the consumer for R&D anymore no matter what you buy.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #75
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
I will say that for the record I have found:

My hood was installed improperly and has a big scrape on the passenger side inside lip of the hood, and the hinge also in missing paint.

My wheels are unevenly painted and some have missing spots and runs though neither are bad.

Specks of dirt under the paint/ missing paint/ uneven paint. The dirt/missing paint are on the drivers side on the C pillar. They are tiny and unnoticeable by most, but I know they are there. The uneven paint is on the trunklid. It's been polished out as much can be done and not that bad, but can be seen if you look for it.

But for what it's worth, none of those things bother me too much and I don't want them fixed (well maybe the hood) but don't want a dealer to fix it. It's just not worth trying to fix those problems and possibly making them worse.

The way I see it, she looks awesome, drives awesome, and makes me happy the way she is.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #76
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
There is not perfect and then there is this. Some of these quality problems listed are unacceptable.

1 wheel a different size. Really?

Does not make you feel all that great with the recent quality hold.

not even matchbox - heck if they were all perfect then what would dealerships do they would not get any pre delivery inspection money
Old 06-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #77
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Name one manufacturer who puts every car perfect off the line?

Not even Ferrari.
rolls royce
Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #78
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....it's systemic... performance issues, complaints without satisfaction after much interaction, lack of service, care or concern...quality control issues. Those not around long enough can not fathom how far things have degraded across the board in society. It's been magnified recently. Slip slot. All things being equal, GM is doing a great job IMHO to take things in a positive direction. There will always be quality control issues with the assembly line prodcuing a large quantitiy of items, or some flaw in tooling, painting, or running off numbers of a quantified number of parts from a machine...but at the end of the day as I see it from reading the balance sheets GM is really making progress to change the same old same old into a lead runner in the Global Manufacturing Economy.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #79
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
You got any links or can you prove it? My brother inlaw works for GM and since 2009 only 1 v6 and 2 L99s have been lemon lawed in his shop in Dallas. Most people buy these due to the looks and well these cars look real nice IMO.
When mine was lemon lawed I was told I was #13 in ny for transmission issues on 2011 v6 camaros. That's just in NY. And mine was a early one. I can't imagine how many others there where. After dealing with the horrible customer service 3 horrible dealers and all the wasted time waiting for tow trucks ill never trust another gm product ever again. I was given a trade in alero for a rental car. I complained and was given a 18 passenger van. GM refused a loaner as the repair was planned to take for than a week and they won't pay for a loaner car for that long.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #80
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
I love these people who come on here and say "Mine's fine. You're a troll. How many have you owned?". Great, that's a sample size of one or two.

I don't think they are doing just fine.

Consumer Reports ratings on feedback from owners:

Overall Quality/Reliability

2010 Average

2011 Much Worse Than Average

2012 Average

"Based on the latest survey, we expect reliability of new models will be 17% below average"

GM could step it up a bit.

Michael
You still didn't answer the question, are you basing your complains on personal involvement with your own Camaro?
[SIGPIC]BMR springs/sways,CAI,SCT,Razzi, silver stripes, painted calipers, upgraded audio, Katzskin interior upgrades, 22" Lexani, SSW Headers and cats, MBRP 3" catback, gauges, CF wrapped lip spoiler and rear trunk insert, custom rotor and upgraded brake pads, side markers
Old 06-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #81
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
When mine was lemon lawed I was told I was #13 in ny for transmission issues on 2011 v6 camaros. That's just in NY. And mine was a early one. I can't imagine how many others there where. After dealing with the horrible customer service 3 horrible dealers and all the wasted time waiting for tow trucks ill never trust another gm product ever again. I was given a trade in alero for a rental car. I complained and was given a 18 passenger van. GM refused a loaner as the repair was planned to take for than a week and they won't pay for a loaner car for that long.
Judging by you avatar you still or have a 2011 camaro or not?
Old 06-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #82
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
the op is the same assclown that will never buy a chevy product.....just bash it. And threaten to buy one if the quality improves..

OK

discuss
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #83
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
The types of quality issues I am hearing about on 5th Gen cars reminds me of cars built in the 60's and 70's.

Hood wrap missing from 1LE (how does that happen?)

Three of one size tire, and fourth tire of different size (the people at the plant must be high)

Trunk lids partially painted inside

Wheels poorly painted, and no paint on inside of wheel

Big gaps between door and dash on one side

Gaps between bumper and headlights different side to side

Uneven metallic paint

Thin paint

Specs and dirt in paint

Front valence sticking out from fender

Clutch chatter

Driveline slop

Missing fasteners

Misaligned panels resulting in interference fit, and paint worn away

Once everyone gets tired of this garbage assembly, they will move on to other makes of cars. People will only put up with this for so long. This isn't 1969. People have options. Get your act together or go bankrupt again.

Michael
And you forgot that the gas tank is not painted on the inside
Old 06-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #84
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
I'd love for anyone who nitpicks such things on their Camaro to do the same with their other vehicles. I'd surmise many new Camaro fans own/owned other manufacturers' vehicles before buying their Chevrolet. I'd be very surprised if they went over their Accord or Tacoma with such a fine-tooth comb. They likely did not do such a thing because they didn't spend any time on forums where people feel confident typing their emotional opinions about everything under the sun to other appliance-drivers. "racer348 found a spec of dirt in his paint on the underside of his hood on his Caravan -- I'd better check mine out and post about it!"

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation