Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #57
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
If you want to buy it and can then do so. No opinion or validation from anyone else is needed. You know how many times people say to me. WHY do you and your wife not commute together when you both work right by each other and work almost identical hours.

My response to them is. Because we can.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #58
guerra cues
Inferno Orange - 2LT RS

Drives: Inferno Orange - 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to guerra cues
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I have seen it... I do not like it.
You got me curious Mikey... Not trying to argue with you at all... Why didn't you like it?
guerra cues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:03 AM   #59
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerra cues View Post
You got me curious Mikey... Not trying to argue with you at all... Why didn't you like it?
It's fine, I'm not trying to argue with you either
First, I don't like the styling of it. That's all opinion, but I just do not like it. Second, I do not like electric cars in general. I do not see the point in them, they pollute more than an equivalent gasoline powered car, yet the gov't gives tax write offs for it. It doesn't make any sense that I have to pay a gas guzzler tax on a ZL1 when a Tesla, Volt, or Prius create more toxic waste than the ZL1 ever will.

Plus I can't stand the owner base, 95% of them are a bunch of hipsters that do not know a thing about cars, and try to look cool by driving an electric car. I won't deny that some electric cars are cool. I test drove a Volt once just for $hits and giggles, and it was very interesting. I just can't stand the way that Tesla, GM, Nissan, and Toyota market these things as eco friendly when a mildly informed person can see that they aren't.

I will admit that the engineering and technology in these things is stunningly amazing, and it really shows American ingenuity. If they stopped the "eco friendly" marketing and cut gov't ties, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #60
guerra cues
Inferno Orange - 2LT RS

Drives: Inferno Orange - 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to guerra cues
Quote:
It's fine, I'm not trying to argue with you either
First, I don't like the styling of it. That's all opinion, but I just do not like it. Second, I do not like electric cars in general. I do not see the point in them, they pollute more than an equivalent gasoline powered car, yet the gov't gives tax write offs for it. It doesn't make any sense that I have to pay a gas guzzler tax on a ZL1 when a Tesla, Volt, or Prius create more toxic waste than the ZL1 ever will.

Plus I can't stand the owner base, 95% of them are a bunch of hipsters that do not know a thing about cars, and try to look cool by driving an electric car. I won't deny that some electric cars are cool. I test drove a Volt once just for $hits and giggles, and it was very interesting. I just can't stand the way that Tesla, GM, Nissan, and Toyota market these things as eco friendly when a mildly informed person can see that they aren't.

I will admit that the engineering and technology in these things is stunningly amazing, and it really shows American ingenuity. If they stopped the "eco friendly" marketing and cut gov't ties, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
I like the car because it really looks cool but is just a matter of taste.
I have to agree with you... Electric cars pollute the same if not more due to the toxic waste.
Big problem is that there is a big oil lobby in this country and that is the reason why you do not see more hydrogen powered cars, that really sucks because it is a clean energy. I would not mind to invest on one of those cars but there are not enough places to fill up the car where I am at.
guerra cues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #61
mikeyg36

Quote:
I like the car because it really looks cool but is just a matter of taste.
I have to agree with you... Electric cars pollute the same if not more due to the toxic waste.
Big problem is that there is a big oil lobby in this country and that is the reason why you do not see more hydrogen powered cars, that really sucks because it is a clean energy. I would not mind to invest on one of those cars but there are not enough places to fill up the car where I am at.
I COMPLETELY agree. We need hydrogen power and we need it now. Stop this stupid electric car fad and work on ICE hydrogen power.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #62
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
If you were to get a Camaro and you're going to use it to travel 200 miles a day, I'd recommend the 1LS or 2LS. The 2LS model is geared for better fuel economy in comparison to the 1LT & 2LT. The tires will also last longer and are cheaper to replace. So you're going to save money in the long run with tires, you're going to get a little better fuel economy, and you're going to spend even less money initially by not getting every option available. It's nice having all the options, but if I were going to put a lot of miles on the car I would look at the LS. I would also trade it in after 5 or so years.

Quote:
I COMPLETELY agree. We need hydrogen power and we need it now. Stop this stupid electric car fad and work on ICE hydrogen power.
Couldn't agree any more. Electric is not the answer. The batteries alone are a terrible environmental hazard, weigh a ton, and you have a limited range.

Last edited by SPARTAN sui; 03-31-2013 at 02:00 AM.
SPARTAN sui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:43 AM   #63
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
If you were to get a Camaro and you're going to use it to travel 200 miles a day, I'd recommend the 1LS or 2LS. The LS model is geared for better fuel economy in comparison to the 1LT & 2LT. The tires will also last longer and are cheaper to replace. So you're going to save money in the long run with tires, you're going to get a little better fuel economy, and you're going to spend even less money initially by not getting every option available. It's nice having all the options, but if I were going to put a lot of miles on the car I would look at the LS. I would also trade it in after 5 or so years. Couldn't agree any more. Electric is not the answer. The batteries alone are a terrible environmental hazard, weigh a ton, and you have a limited range.
The 2LS is geared toward fuel economy, the 1LS is geared toward price.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:00 AM   #64
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Oh okay, I did not know about that, thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #65
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Oh okay, I did not know about that, thanks for the heads up!
Anytime!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:54 AM   #66
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Big problem is that there is a big oil lobby in this country and that is the reason why you do not see more hydrogen powered cars, .
we don't see more hydrogen powered cars because there are only 2 sources of hydrogen capable of creating the volumes of it we would need. one is natural gas, which kind of defeats the purpose since your simply taking a fossil fuel and converting it to something else, and the second is water. the problem with water though is it is insanely expensive to separate the hydrogen and oxygen atoms and requires more energy to do than you get out of the hydrogen.
there's no giant conspiracy, it's just not economically feasible yet.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:56 AM   #67
jd10013

Quote:

what makes you think that? they have the same engine, and aside from a couple options are the exact same car. a 2LS is just a higher trim level than a 1LS
Old 03-31-2013, 05:11 AM   #68
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
...I was hoping to keep the Prius as a toy weekend car...

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:36 AM   #69
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
what makes you think that? they have the same engine, and aside from a couple options are the exact same car. a 2LS is just a higher trim level than a 1LS
No, there's more to it than that. The 2LS has different gearing, which results in better MPG (its rated at 30 Hwy, I believe), and it's a half second slower 0-60 than the other V6s. It also has no sport mode, and no tapshift.

Check out the V6 column on the last page of the "what's new" brochure: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=490551&d=1364494635
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting

Last edited by 911medic; 03-31-2013 at 06:48 AM.
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #70
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
No, there's more to it than that. The 2LS has different gearing, which results in better MPG (its rated at 30 Hwy, I believe), and it's a half second slower 0-60 than the other V6s. It also has no sport mode, and no tapshift.

Check out the V6 column on the last page of the "what's new" brochure: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1364494635
1 mpg difference hardly make the car designed for people who want high MPG's. and that difference is probably due to the AT than anything else.