#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 08-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #57
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
My experience is that it isn't the car they drive, but rather the age they are. People from mid 40's and up are usually great at car events I've been too. It's many young people that act like they are the best, have the best car, make fun of every car that isn't the same as theirs, can't show respect for others and much more. From what I see we are doomed.
Generation Z ...aka Zombie
Old 08-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #58
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Its funny how stupid rumors get started......like Mustang guys/gals are a-holes.....Vette folks are snooty.....etc. But every Mustang meet I have run across have been decent folks just enjoying the day. For that matter, I have not really run into any super jackass at any meet. Hell, I can even get along with the ricers..........to a limit.
There will always be the one schmuck in every crowd that can make everone else look bad. Just gotta learn to laugh em off and walk the other way.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #59
sprayedv

Drives: 2012 CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS
Us CTS-V owners are cool. What can I say. We got 4 door grocery getters than with a couple grand will smoke 98% of cars on road.

I find vette owners are usually the most stuck up. Mustang guys are usually the coolest.

2012 CTS-V: Cosmetic Chute.
sprayedv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:51 AM   #60
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
It does seem to be getting tougher to meet decent people. I've found there are certain clicks of folks who have been together forever and are just not really interested in adding more to "their" group. I've moved a lot so my core group kept getting dropped as I moved around.

Now I just do what I like. I look after me and me only and the funny thing is when you are doing what you love and enjoying it, (I'm new to AutoX this year) you'll end up meeting like minded people. Some of them are great, some not so much. Also, depending on your stage in life some people just don't have the time it takes to build a new relationship with a stranger and become friends. That's OK, I get it. My kids are grown and gone, I'm financially solid and I'm not spread too thin in commitments but that's not everyone's life, just mine at this moment.

I'll tell you the same thing I've told all my friends who divorced over the years. Stop looking, enjoy what you like to do. You'll find someone while your doing it because they like the same things. If you're ever in Vancouver, look me up we can go for a coffee and chat. That'll be a +1 for you and I've done this with some of the folks on here and I've met some really nice people. Busy, but very nice.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #61
Midlifecysis

Drives: camaro ls v6 auto
Remember the good ole days of hot rodding when you and your closest pals pieced together your car with what ever parts were in the junk yard your garage ford body chevy engine or what ever.... Then you showed it off at the local hot spot the next weekend with duct tape and a prayer .............We need to be thankful for what we can get performance luxury wise these days......... Remember love for our cars should unite us not divide us

Last edited by Midlifecysis; 08-26-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Midlifecysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #62
Krausmotorsports

Drives: 12' ss/rs camaro / 03' ss silverad
I say it's the banks fault for allowing the less knowledgeable or less responsiveness to be able to own any performance car. Especially those of lower income and iq levels! Accidents happen and usually to dumb people.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 AM   #63
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlifecysis View Post
Remember the good ole days of hot rodding when you and your closest pals pieced together your car with what ever parts were in the junk yard your garage or what ever ford body chevy engine or what ever.... Then you showed it off at the local hot spot the next weekend with duct tape and a prayer .............We need to be thankful for what we can get performance luxury wise these days......... Remember love for our cars should unite us not divide us
I would easily trade performance luxury for simpler, better times. I.E the 80's.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #64
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
My experience is that it isn't the car they drive, but rather the age they are. People from mid 40's and up are usually great at car events I've been too. It's many young people that act like they are the best, have the best car, make fun of every car that isn't the same as theirs, can't show respect for others and much more. From what I see we are doomed.
THIS!!!

Don't be a douche!!
Newbs have gotten ruder and tend to jump in and monopolize conversations with how cool their car is instead of listening. It's a social thing that most kids raised on x-box with their faces jammed in cell phones texting just don't understand. Great way to get a cold shoulder from people you don't know yet, especially us more "seasoned" people.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #65
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
caliper
Caliber*

Calipers are for helping your vehicle come to a complete stop and for tree landscapers.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #66
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindave View Post
THIS!!!

Don't be a douche!!
Newbs have gotten ruder and tend to jump in and monopolize conversations with how cool their car is instead of listening. It's a social thing that most kids raised on x-box with their faces jammed in cell phones texting just don't understand. Great way to get a cold shoulder from people you don't know yet, especially us more "seasoned" people.
My point exactly, except... it is slowly spreading to the "older folks" as well. THAT is what is so disconcerting to me. MY generation is picking up on the current social ignorance that has infected the "current" generations and it makes me sick. Me???? I call 'em as I see 'em and I "assume" people to be basically good until proven otherwise. Unfortunately, there are more and more people (regardless of age) who "prove otherwise".
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #67
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
maybe they are just grumpy because they live in Topeka, Kansas?
HEY, I'm FROM Kansas!

And this is probably a true statement.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #68
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:

This is it, exactly.
Not "ALL," because there are always exceptions to anything... But "MOST" (or maybe "MANY") is definitely true.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #69
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Hey and there's nothing wrong with kansas. A brief history for Florida and craptastic city of no big gulps aka New York, nhra got its birth in kansas so anytime you pull up to a track thank this state for making it legal lol. Also the caliper/caliber thing was addressed already so calm down people lol. It just kills me that the culture has gone this route part of me thinks the it's just a fad of muscle cars that will blow over like low riders, imports, and donks. Once the new "fad" comes out these people will slowly segregate to another trend.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #70
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
I've not been around car culture enough to see what many of you all are talking about. With the exception of forums, I mostly keep to myself in regards to cars...

BUT....
I have seen this a lot with motorcycles, especially with many Harley riders...and I just don't get it.

Most sportbike riders I know are incredibly passionate about riding. Most seem more than happy to talk shop or talk about most anything. There's the biker wave that we all do and that's cool -- but I'd guess that 90+% of Harley bikers not only refuse to wave back to sportbikes, but they frequently seem to snub us (intentionally ignore, look away, etc.). It's actually kinda funny.....

I get this sense that they believe only real bikers ride Harleys and everyone else is a poser. Harley snobbiness seems directly proportional to beard length and belly size.

I dunno. I certainly can't put words to them and I certainly can't say they're all that way, but in my own personal experience, it certainly seems mostly that way.

I don't get it....I'm just happy anytime I'm on wheel -- two or four, knobby or smooth...doesn't matter. It's beyond me that people take such things to the point of arrogance