Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #15
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
I contacted TPH real quick on Facebook and they said $400 but they don't have Cores yet so you'll have to take them off and send them in, which is fine for me. Looks like they do really good work.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #16
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I contacted TPH real quick on Facebook and they said $400 but they don't have Cores yet so you'll have to take them off and send them in, which is fine for me. Looks like they do really good work.
Go on Facebook and look at his pictures. They look fantastic. I can't say how they will hold up, as I have only seen them in pictures. I think he was a sponsor on this site, so you can probably search it.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #17
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1Camaro View Post
Go on Facebook and look at his pictures. They look fantastic. I can't say how they will hold up, as I have only seen them in pictures. I think he was a sponsor on this site, so you can probably search it.
I did go on Facebook and looked at the pictures, they look awesome. When my car gets here, she'll be on the lift right away.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #18
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I did go on Facebook and looked at the pictures, they look awesome. When my car gets here, she'll be on the lift right away.
Awesome. Take some pics for us!
Old 03-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #19
Jimabe

Drives: 2018 Red ZL1
Thanks for replies and pics.
Guess I will have to do the powder coat route.
I had an '01 WS6 and I pulled the cali's off and had them powder coated red. Also put WS6 stickers on them. All of it lasted 16 years! No maint/touch-ups. Just regular wheel cleaner on a regular basis.

Definitely wouldn't go the paint route...

My thinking was to keep the items as "original" as possible but the pics you guys posted changed my mind. Those calipers look awesome. Will use your guy!...

Thanks
Jimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #20
Jimabe

For those who have done it, anything special about pulling these off?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #21
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
I just did it, But I don't want to give you any wrong advice, so see if someone with professional experience offers you some more thorough directions. Basically do not get air in the system, keep reservior filled with cap cracked open to relieve pressure, put latex gloves over the banjo's and secure them as it will gravity bleed while calipers are off getting coated (heard you can keep brake pedal depressed and will prevent this), and also replace the copper compression washers when putting it all back together (although I did not). I used a Motive Power bleeder, and still had to do a second round of bleeding after my test drive. So maybe after 1st round of bleeding, depress /cycle the brake pedal some and do another round of bleeding right from the start (driver rear, passenger rear, driver front, passenger front). If ZL1 is not DOT-4 consider the fluid upgrade before flushing. I think that about covers it?
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:07 AM   #22
L8ERBRO

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I just went through a horrible ordeal with my local powder coater and thought I'd share my experience for what it's worth. To make a long story short, this guy did a horrible prep job which resulted in gassing bubbles all over the surface on two of the calipers. Of course he jammed those two on the bottom of the box, so I didn't see them until I left his shop and got home. I took them to another power coater with 30 yrs. experience. He told me he wouldn't recommend powder coating due to the fact that powder coat starts to break down and get soft around 350 degrees.

In the end, I bought the 1LE red calipers for about $1500.00, then I had the second powder coater media blast them down to bare metal, I primed, painted and clear coated with VHT high heat caliper paint as seen in the second pic (These are for sale btw). The first is obviously the first powder coater's handy work.
Name:  IMG_1351.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  111.0 KB
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2018, 07:52 AM   #23
DRGNZ

Drives: Order List for ZL1
For WIW, I am using the G2 caliper paint, watched Lethal do it and it looks great and only approx. 100 bucks. I will post pictures later this spring.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:42 AM   #24
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGNZ View Post
For WIW, I am using the G2 caliper paint, watched Lethal do it and it looks great and only approx. 100 bucks. I will post pictures later this spring.
Just make sure to use the spray not the brush on. Brush on looks like garbage and shows lots of brushmarks and imperfections. Had to take it off, prep, and re spray.
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #25
Jimabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
I just did it, But I don't want to give you any wrong advice, so see if someone with professional experience offers you some more thorough directions. Basically do not get air in the system, keep reservior filled with cap cracked open to relieve pressure, put latex gloves over the banjo's and secure them as it will gravity bleed while calipers are off getting coated (heard you can keep brake pedal depressed and will prevent this), and also replace the copper compression washers when putting it all back together (although I did not). I used a Motive Power bleeder, and still had to do a second round of bleeding after my test drive. So maybe after 1st round of bleeding, depress /cycle the brake pedal some and do another round of bleeding right from the start (driver rear, passenger rear, driver front, passenger front). If ZL1 is not DOT-4 consider the fluid upgrade before flushing. I think that about covers it?
Is the best place to buy rebuild parts for the factory Brembo's any GM Parts place? Assuming they offer rebuild kits? My car only has 300 miles so might not need but better to have and need than need and not have...
Old 03-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #26
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimabe View Post
Is the best place to buy rebuild parts for the factory Brembo's any GM Parts place? Assuming they offer rebuild kits? My car only has 300 miles so might not need but better to have and need than need and not have...
id be interested in this too.

[/COLOR]
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #27
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred1le View Post
id be interested in this too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimabe View Post
Kevin at TPH Coatings/Madison Powder Coating rebuilds each caliper with new seals. As far as the copper compression washers for the banjo bolts I would have gone to the local dealer as I prefer OEM parts. IDK for certain but believe they are short money.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #28
45LongColt

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Camaro
This is who I used. Ask for Wade. They service the Virginia, DC, Maryland area.

http://www.calipersrus.com/viewourgallery.htm
45LongColt is offline   Reply With Quote