Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #71
solarstingray

Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
whoaaaa a dual clutch !!!! nice
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:59 PM   #72
robertscz

Drives: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
I think a few things are pretty realistic:

1. The GT500 will have more than 700+ HP and be faster in a straight line than a current gen ZL1 if it can hook up. If it can't hook up, the owners will put drag radials on every car just like the Hellcats. Handling is anyone's guess, but Ford was comparing the car to the Porsche GT3 on the proving grounds. Curb weight is anyone's guess, but it is probably going to be the determining factor in how fast the car actually is.

2. It will cost MORE than the current generation ZL1 and likely have INSANE ADM for the first year of production.

3. Current GT350 owners will get significant butt-hurt and cry when they try and sell the GT350.

4. If you want to be a "top dog", then add a pulley, tune, CAI, and exhaust to your ZL1. It is unlikely that GM will immediately respond with a faster Camaro immediately.

response to #2.... i own a gt350.... and i have no idea why you are saying this because it makes zero sense... i paid $50k for my 2017 350. i absolutely LOVE the car. the 500 that is coming out is going to be in a whole different ballpark when it comes to what it does and the price. thats like me saying current zl1 owners will be butt-hurt and cry when they try to sell the zl1 when the new mid engine vette comes out. THEY ARE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT CARS WITH DIFFERENT PRICES AND DIFFERENT CLIENTS IN MIND!!!

i have no interest in the 500 because it will likely be double the price of my 350. so no, i will not be butt hurt and cry when this comes out like you say. i will enjoy the car i have and those that have unlimited amounts of money, will buy the 500 and not give a rats a$$ what they sell the 350 for because money is no issue for them.

it amazes me that people continue to come up with this theory when it is not true.

i love cars, i was 2 seconds away from buying a zl1, it was AMAZING in almost every way besides putting a bigger smile on my face than the 350. there are different types of cars and different price points for cars for the simple reason that people like what they like and they will buy what they can afford. many 350 owners couldnt care less about the 500 because it is DOUBLE the price of a 350 when u put adm on it!
robertscz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #73
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Chevy isn't going to go out of their way to respond. They're going to run the wave of the 6th gens, sell as many as they can, and then redesign the Gen 7 Camaro and start selling that. 1-2 years into the 7th gen, they'll build a ZL1 which will probably have the engine that the mid level Corvette has (TT V8 is my guess). No ZL1 will get the LT5 out of this gen just like the ZL1 never got the LS9 from last gen. If you want to drive a Chevy and beat SRT/Ford without a doubt, buy a Corvette.

Yep I def agree.. the war with Chevy/Ford/Dodge will continue to go with Camaro, Mustang and Challenger.

Don't want to be in that league, get a Vette, period. The Vette's league are now Porches, GTR's, R8's and supercars. Which is an outstanding class to be in
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #74
ReefBlueCoupe

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE MBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
[/B][/COLOR]

Don't want to be in that league, get a Vette, period. The Vette's league are now Porches, GTR's, R8's and supercars. Which is an outstanding class to be in
Well, that's what makes the ZL1 so appealing. It may not be in the same class price-wise as the cars you listed, but performance-wise is definitely in the same class. A Corvette is still a status symbol for most people.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #75
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertscz View Post
response to #2.... i own a gt350.... and i have no idea why you are saying this because it makes zero sense... i paid $50k for my 2017 350.
I think he meant the GT350R. That's the way I read it, as that has a high ADM, and will compete with the new 500.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:30 AM   #76
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
The new M5 is running 10s off the showroom floor for the price of 2 ZL1s. So time marches on. But really isn't an 11 second car fast enough to be a ton of fun? Do we really need more?
Old 03-20-2018, 07:33 AM   #77
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The new M5 is running 10s off the showroom floor for the price of 2 ZL1s. So time marches on. But really isn't an 11 second car fast enough to be a ton of fun? Do we really need more?
You're on the wrong forum to be asking that question.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #78
Sharp Shifter

Drives: 98 Transam drag car SOLD now 17 ZL1
I don't really compare gt500 to the zl1's.......... the new gt500 will be more of the demon price tag, ZL1 still NUMBER 1 best bang for the buck......

but the price difference of the new gt500 and zl1, say its only 15 grand (im sure it will be 20k plus add ford dealer mark up) 15k in mods will kill the gt500

if gt500 makes 772, dyno maybe 690
zl1 15k would do cam full bolt ons making upper 700's

sounds like zl1 still killing it to me, cant argue that one bit

Sold 780rwhp 840rwtq 98 Trans Am
Current car 2017 ZL1 Camaro
Sharp Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote