Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #29
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluedEvil21 View Post
Can't wait to see these spacers on your website Jason looking forward to purchasing one...
Why wait on my slow @$$? I've got them in stock, shoot me a PM if you're interested in picking one up.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #30
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
still waiting to put one on my SC V6.. hint hint
Old 09-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #31
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Jason I was wondering is there anyway to paint the spacer black?
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #32
rogueshivers
rogueshivers

Drives: 2012 v6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
Come on guys...

I know you can't really see the product that well but it's a good excuse to see some under hood pics
indeed

CAI, vmax throttle body, jacfab extendolator & ported intake,hp tune.
rogueshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #33
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Jason I was wondering is there anyway to paint the spacer black?
the color does stand out. Even if it was like another color than the tan. Red would be a nice touch. Something to stand out of the engine bay for people to be like, what's going on down there lol I did say that to him after I installed it.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #34
RedHotRuby

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Most recently tested...

Blue line is a bone stock car, the red line is with the addition of the Exntendolator intake spacer, and the maroon line is with the spacer and one of my ported intakes.

The spacer shows no peak gains, it's all about power RIGHT NOW, more grunt off the bottom end. I personally like it myself.
I see, thanks for the info. Yeah I'd like more bark on the lower end with the spacer. The graph is showing that but gains are almost non-existent on the top end. The ported intake shows nice healthy gains.

Anyone know if a ported intake blows the warranty?
RedHotRuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #35
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotRuby View Post
I see, thanks for the info. Yeah I'd like more bark on the lower end with the spacer. The graph is showing that but gains are almost non-existent on the top end. The ported intake shows nice healthy gains.

The spacer disclaimer specifically states it is not for top end power. Manifold runner length is always directly proportional to torque.

They'd never check to see if your manifold was ported. IMO. Lol. And they by law have to prove it caused a failure.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #36
crc91

The way I'm reading the graph is the spacer gives you more gains down low and evens out up top, however for the ported intake it seems the gain down low are minimal but progress more up top. I see what's going on here Jason why have down low power or just power up too when if you buy both products you can have both! Haha The more I think about this combo the more I want it. I will definitely be on board for the package after I install a catch can. Which reminds me, do you sell catch cans? Also guys I think we should easily be able to paint the spacer with some high tempeture header/manifold paint. I wonder if I could even get it coated by jet hot, to lower hear transfer?
Old 09-19-2014, 08:54 AM   #37
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotRuby View Post

Quote:
The way I'm reading the graph is the spacer gives you more gains down low and evens out up top, however for the ported intake it seems the gain down low are minimal but progress more up top. I see what's going on here Jason why have down low power or just power up too when if you buy both products you can have both! Haha The more I think about this combo the more I want it. I will definitely be on board for the package after I install a catch can. Which reminds me, do you sell catch cans? Also guys I think we should easily be able to paint the spacer with some high tempeture header/manifold paint. I wonder if I could even get it coated by jet hot, to lower hear transfer?
Unfortunately I didn't have time to test just the ported intake by itself during the last dyno test. I'm pretty sure crc91 nailed it though on his explanation. I'm fairly certain that if the spacer was removed from the ported intake runs the bottom end power wouldn't look so impressive...

Personally if I was only going to get ONE product, it would be the spacer. I would rather have gains right off the bottom and in the mid range area than on the top end. That's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
the color does stand out. Even if it was like another color than the tan. Red would be a nice touch. Something to stand out of the engine bay for people to be like, what's going on down there lol I did say that to him after I installed it.
I suppose you could paint THE SIDES of the spacer before it was installed. I would avoid getting paint on the top or bottom mounting surfaces.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #38
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Unfortunately I didn't have time to test just the ported intake by itself during the last dyno test. I'm pretty sure crc91 nailed it though on his explanation. I'm fairly certain that if the spacer was removed from the ported intake runs the bottom end power wouldn't look so impressive...

Personally if I was only going to get ONE product, it would be the spacer. I would rather have gains right off the bottom and in the mid range area than on the top end. That's just my opinion.

I suppose you could paint THE SIDES of the spacer before it was installed. I would avoid getting paint on the top or bottom mounting surfaces.
Why is that Jason? And do you think getting it coated would help?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #39
crc91

Well I'll definitely be ordering both of these! Hopefully in a week or two!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #40
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Why is that Jason? And do you think getting it coated would help?
I don't think coating it with anything would serve any purpose.

I just don't think painting the mating/mounting surfaces is a good idea, but the sides won't hurt anything.

intake manifolds are probably a month or two backed up right now, unless you want to send your intake to be done.

Also, I just got off the phone with the place I purchase the material from. They can get it in black from a place on the east coast. So I can get it in black, but I would have to charge more for the pieces. Also, depending on HOW BLACK this stuff is, once the pieces are cut they will probably look gray-dark gray because of the abrasives in the Waterjet cutting process. I was able to get a sample of the black material sent to me, so I'll check it out, and report back.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #41
crc91

Thanks Jason I appreciate that. You think some black exhaust manifold paint would hol up on the sides?
Old 09-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #42
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Thanks Jason I appreciate that. You think some black exhaust manifold paint would hol up on the sides?
I think it would be fine. I imagine any paint would be fine, the spacer doesn't retain much heat like a piece of aluminum would.