Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #15
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
So, your idea is basically a cheaper 2+2 Corvette? What??

Actually, that sounds like a great idea. I'd buy a car like that.
Well that could be a possibility. And yeah, it would sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFASTNOTLAST View Post
No offense, But thank GOD you are not a designer for GM!!!
No offense taken and I actually agree with you. Designing for some of the Camaro crowd is a total PITA. I don't envy the GM designers one little bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I'm liking what I see so far. Love the trunk opening and the greater visibility. The roof line does look a bit odd, but I see what you are saying about lowering it. Keep going!
Thank you. I think once you sat in this car and realized how nice it is to be able to clearly see outward as a driver, you'd be fine with the roof line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Zman View Post
oh hell yeahhh an entry level Corvette for $25k...
I wasn't actually thinking of it that way originally but now that it's being mentioned, I could see where that could be a selling point.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #16
amizz10

Drives: Weapon X
looks like a 300zx and testarossa had an awkward baby

2011 camaro RS/SS M6 (weaponX)
CAI Cold Air Intake, american racing LT headers, x-pipe, high flow cats and full 3inch exhaust, Cam, VDP Tune.
amizz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #17
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
Car designing is a lot like rock n roll. It can result in hours of fun, brings groups of people together out of interest in it, makes you want to see what happens next, frighten people you don't care about anyways, & make you famous after you're dead. Some of the best work produced can come at the very end of a very frustrating project. It can also all remind everybody of something else, as there is really nothing new under the sun, so they say.

That said, my main thoughts to the new design may be to try shortening the wheel base a little to give it more musclecar like proportions & compromise a little on the extra height of the roof for cosmetics .Raising the lower line of the front windshield just a little, & a little less curve should help the hood to appear longer. Also I'd mainly look into other design shapes on the front fascia to look more musclecar like, as I think this is the biggest area holding the design back.. When you start getting there, others will feel your designs more.
Just a few constructive criticism thoughts.I,ve recently done some design concepts on other forums, no easy task.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #18
knitetrain05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edi
next, concept camaro 2099 version 29....stupid
knitetrain05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #19
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
And it's not even finished yet!!

Well.... when it's finished... you never know.

Thank you!

Here's the latest with a few changes. I moved the radiator exit cutout on the hood back a bit. Starting to experiment with some LED lighting on the top of the fender edges.

Attachment 597289
Attachment 597290
Attachment 597291
I see this...

AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #20
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Here are my thoughts on the design:

- The rear braking duct for cooling just behind the rear doors has to go. I just don't see the purpose in it. It's not a Corvette or a high end exotic and it doesn't go with the flow of the car.
- The curved fenders at the bottom of the wheels have to go. These will just make it very hard to jack the car up and get a tire off because the tire won't drop with the suspension, and if it does the tire will bottom out on the fender possibly wrecking them.
- I think the front end really does look Corvette "like", Square it off a bit and add in a small upper grill for cooling. And with the big signal lights on the side, integrate the headlights into them will make for a better flow (HID projectors would look nice).
- I still see the roofline as a bit too high, but maybe with squaring off the front end a bit that might help with hiding that.
- The back end needs a rear diffuser around the exhaust pipes to hide them a bit. They hang down too much like a 60's muscle car.

I am not trying to be to harsh, just giving my honest opinion. It is great that you are doing this and it will be fun to watch the progress of your design. Keep it up!
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I think it looks good...really like the side profile. Its eye catching. But from that profile it does kind of scream Corvette.

Keep molding.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #22
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
Car designing is a lot like rock n roll. It can result in hours of fun, brings groups of people together out of interest in it, makes you want to see what happens next, frighten people you don't care about anyways, & make you famous after you're dead. Some of the best work produced can come at the very end of a very frustrating project. It can also all remind everybody of something else, as there is really nothing new under the sun, so they say.

That said, my main thoughts to the new design may be to try shortening the wheel base a little to give it more musclecar like proportions & compromise a little on the extra height of the roof for cosmetics .Raising the lower line of the front windshield just a little, & a little less curve should help the hood to appear longer. Also I'd mainly look into other design shapes on the front fascia to look more musclecar like, as I think this is the biggest area holding the design back.. When you start getting there, others will feel your designs more.
Just a few constructive criticism thoughts.I,ve recently done some design concepts on other forums, no easy task.
I'll drop the roof a bit; didn't realize people would rather have the cramped quarters inside in favor of outside appearance but that can be easily done. The wheelbase is actually shorter than the current Camaro. Because the wheels are 18" the overall proportions make it appear as though the car is larger than it actually is. The long windshield and front design is an attempt to improve gas mileage through a low drag coefficient since the CAFE requirements are going to get worse and worse.

Thank you for the constructive feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitetrain05 View Post
next, concept camaro 2099 version 29....stupid
Your next comment #508....equally useless as this one? Put in something positive and constructive instead of just mocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSME SS View Post
I see this...

Wow it's not even close! ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
Here are my thoughts on the design:

- The rear braking duct for cooling just behind the rear doors has to go. I just don't see the purpose in it. It's not a Corvette or a high end exotic and it doesn't go with the flow of the car.
- The curved fenders at the bottom of the wheels have to go. These will just make it very hard to jack the car up and get a tire off because the tire won't drop with the suspension, and if it does the tire will bottom out on the fender possibly wrecking them.
- I think the front end really does look Corvette "like", Square it off a bit and add in a small upper grill for cooling. And with the big signal lights on the side, integrate the headlights into them will make for a better flow (HID projectors would look nice).
- I still see the roofline as a bit too high, but maybe with squaring off the front end a bit that might help with hiding that.
- The back end needs a rear diffuser around the exhaust pipes to hide them a bit. They hang down too much like a 60's muscle car.

I am not trying to be to harsh, just giving my honest opinion. It is great that you are doing this and it will be fun to watch the progress of your design. Keep it up!
The rear cooling duct is intended to be functional; especially since Camaro owners take their cars to the track. I'm guessing you don't but I certainly do and I know others do.

I'll try the HID's in the side lights; might work.

I haven't done anything with a diffuser in the back but that can be added. The exhaust pipes fit beneath the rear cowl as-is, so I didn't put a diffuser in it. But I can play with that if people feel that's an important styling feature.

I really appreciate the time those who are putting in constructive comments are taking to put in their suggestions and feedback.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #23
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Reminds me of a NSX. Especially with the bridged spoiler.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #24
2SScamaro2010

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
I like it, don't kno if it works for a camaro tho. How would the c pilar look if you brought the bottom of it into the fender and have the top of it follow the rear window. If you understand what I'm trying to say lol
Mods: SW Retro Chambered cat back, CAI cai black, APEX scoop and ww tank, RX catch can, APEX Skip-shift Eliminator, Hurst short throw, Speeddawg knob, Kooks 1 7/8 headers high flow cats, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Livernois dyno tune, ZL1 grill and side skirts.WHP: 415 WTQ: 407
2SScamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #25
91Zman

Drives: '13 1SS/RS IOM white stripes
Quote:

I wasn't actually thinking of it that way originally but now that it's being mentioned, I could see where that could be a selling point.
i'm sorry,meant nothing by it but that's just how it(and most of the pics)looks like to me..a Corvette.

91Zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #26
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
Quote:
I'll drop the roof a bit; didn't realize people would rather have the cramped quarters inside in favor of outside appearance but that can be easily done. The wheelbase is actually shorter than the current Camaro. Because the wheels are 18" the overall proportions make it appear as though the car is larger than it actually is. The long windshield and front design is an attempt to improve gas mileage through a low drag coefficient since the CAFE requirements are going to get worse and worse.

Thank you for the constructive feedback!

Your next comment #508....equally useless as this one? Put in something positive and constructive instead of just mocking.

Wow it's not even close! ??

The rear cooling duct is intended to be functional; especially since Camaro owners take their cars to the track. I'm guessing you don't but I certainly do and I know others do.

I'll try the HID's in the side lights; might work.

I haven't done anything with a diffuser in the back but that can be added. The exhaust pipes fit beneath the rear cowl as-is, so I didn't put a diffuser in it. But I can play with that if people feel that's an important styling feature.

I really appreciate the time those who are putting in constructive comments are taking to put in their suggestions and feedback.
The front end definitely is. Sorry.
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:45 AM   #27
BlackMamba88

Drives: 2010 Challenger 345 R/T
The front Remind me of a GT 390 Concept & the rear reminds me of a old school Ferarri Testarossa. It have potential into being a nice economy sporty car but not a Camaro imo.
On another note...
Is the Camaro from the new Transformers gonna be the new Generation?! That thing is hideous, the new generation Mustang is super sexy & still waiting on Dodge to release pics of what they have planned. That C7 is just bad to the bone though. Love what Ive been seeing so far from our American Top Dogs.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:45 AM   #28
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMKNU2 View Post
Reminds me of a NSX. Especially with the bridged spoiler.
Actually the bridged spoiler was inspired by the 4th gen Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SScamaro2010 View Post
I like it, don't kno if it works for a camaro tho. How would the c pilar look if you brought the bottom of it into the fender and have the top of it follow the rear window. If you understand what I'm trying to say lol
I think I understand what you're saying. You want that angled piece at the bottom removed and the C pillar to just go all the way down to the fender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Zman View Post
i'm sorry,meant nothing by it but that's just how it(and most of the pics)looks like to me..a Corvette.

No, I wasn't offended. That might actually be a selling point if it helps bring in a new generation of buyers. Right now with Vettes and performance Camaros being up and above $40k that's pretty much out of reach for the younger generations. They would probably respond very well to a muscle car that could be considered a younger person's Corvette. Instead of a Camaro, maybe this could be a new class of Vette, although at that price point it would interfere with the Camaro market, unless this version was a 2-seater like the Vette is. Definitely an interesting idea!

Based on feedback, here's a few snapshots with a revised cabin. I lowered the roof a couple of inches, moved the base of the windshield back 4 inches, moved the entire front of the cabin including the A pillar back 2 inches, moved the base of the rear window forward 2 inches. This sounds like it wouldn't be that much work but it took me almost 2 hours of tweaking to get this to look right. I was surprised at how just lowering the roof threw off the entire look, and how much work it took to get it all rebalanced.

I also straightened the bottom of the fender well edges. As someone pointed out, the previous design although I thought it was cool looking, would have been impractical when trying to remove a wheel.

Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4d1.jpg
Views: 20019
Size:  108.1 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4d2.jpg
Views: 3099
Size:  92.3 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM