Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-05-2015, 12:51 AM   #1
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Going catless

I plan on deleting my cats and getting tuned, I already have glass packs for my mufflers which sound like a muffler delete but without the rasp and extreme drone. What should I expect from a cat delete sound wise?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:08 AM   #2
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
pick up a magnaflow #11386 resonated x-pipe and put in place of hpipe - I know lol!
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
xRedsox
Night Fury

I know how a muffler delete sounds and how loud it is. I have glasspacks instead of mufflers and the drone is down, but it is great to hear that the sound and drone don't get louder. How much was your downpipes?Also, I heard the x-pipe adds a lot of rasp versus the h-pipe for V6s.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #4
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
the resonated x-pipe gets rid of rasp and it also gets rid of most of the drone.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #5
xRedsox
Night Fury

Here is my exhaust as of right now.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #6
xRedsox
Night Fury

Its like all the pros of no mufflers with a more throaty sound without the cons of high rasp and loud drone. I can play my music around 20 and have a normal conversation without having to stop throttling.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:14 PM   #7
PyroLT

Drives: 2015 AGM 1LT
I just put ARH catless downpipes on my 1lt and I love the new sound. If you want to hear something like yours might sound I'm I Lakeland. I've got the catless down pipes, stock h-pipe, resonators deleted, and MRT V1s with j pipes on them.
PyroLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #8
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedsox View Post
Its like all the pros of no mufflers with a more throaty sound without the cons of high rasp and loud drone. I can play my music around 20 and have a normal conversation without having to stop throttling.
i can easily hear radio on 20, muffler delete with the resonated x-pipe isnt stupidly loud and i never get any drone. i cant do catless down pipes here in NY but i might do the hi-flow cats.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #9
Awit92

Drives: 2015 camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
i can easily hear radio on 20, muffler delete with the resonated x-pipe isnt stupidly loud and i never get any drone. i cant do catless down pipes here in NY but i might do the hi-flow cats.
I say pull the trigger on the HFCs. Dang it woke up the muffler delete. Car sounds like a Ferrari on the outside. I am envious that your muffler delete didn't produce drone. I'm swamped in it between 2000 and 3000 rpm. I'm probably going to put some j pipes on the muffler delete whenever I get some time.
CAI Cold Air Intake, Vitesse Motorsports TC, Solo High Flow Cats, Muffler + resonator delete, Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, Apex Air scoop, VMAX ported throttle body, Drake Shifter, Z28 spoiler + Zl1-addons Wickerbill, Eagle Eye U halo headlights. Items blacked out/tinted: Hood, wheels, emblems, brake lights.
Awit92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:46 PM   #10
xRedsox
Night Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awit92 View Post
I say pull the trigger on the HFCs. Dang it woke up the muffler delete. Car sounds like a Ferrari on the outside. I am envious that your muffler delete didn't produce drone. I'm swamped in it between 2000 and 3000 rpm. I'm probably going to put some j pipes on the muffler delete whenever I get some time.
Don't J-pipes make the drone louder?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #11
xRedsox
Night Fury

Im pretty sure that this is one of the LFX header and downpipe, which one is the cat?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:57 PM   #12
xRedsox
Night Fury

Why does a V6 need 4 cats?