Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
So more wiring?�� I spent forever wiring my relay for my eagle eyes and now this :( why can't anything be easy? Basically I'm just needing to make my own connection for from the prongs to the projector input on the harness? Using a female connector from autozone?

After reading it once more I've got it.. Ill stop by autozone and get it over with!

Last edited by Hayden; 03-26-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Wait its my passenger side high beam I'm having a hard time getting to work.. which is confusing the hell out of me now because my passenger side directly connects the relay.. I'm literally having the hardest time explaining this. lol I'm normally good with these things.. but for some reason i'm just dead.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
Hayden
You serious Clark?

More pictures explaining it would mean so much. I have the Female H13 harness from auto zone.. But I'm frozen from there.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #18
Belam

Drives: Yellow 2SS camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
More pictures explaining it would mean so much. I have the Female H13 harness from auto zone.. But I'm frozen from there.
I will be happy to walk you through this .I know it's a lilte complicated to explain it in words like this .It may sound confusing but in the real thing it's just real simple .I was in your situation before .
Ok now you got a female from autozone you can see that you have 3 wires from that female connector right ?
1 .Just plug that female in to the male which comes from the relay harness ,now you will have 3 bare wires for your relay in stead of a male connector (that's the purpose of buying/connecting the female H13).
2.On the driver side usually people will tell you to unplug the factory GREEn H13 harness BUT in this case you DO NOT do that ,just leave it like that .Now you need to splice those bare wires (from your autozone H13 female connector)into the eagle wires .The connection point could be any where after your GREEN FACTORY harness (I highly recommend to splice them in right after your H13 green,and the eagle eye connectors), that will give you a Y connections from the factory h13 harness to control both the high beam and to signal your relay .You need to CAREFULLY look to see which wire should connect to which because the H13 and the Eagle eye wires are different colors .(I don't know if yours are the same as mine ,you can see the pict that I posted above of the color wire connection ,it should be the same since you and I got them from the same seller).

3.Now just unplug your eagle eye bulb out (trash it if hou want)and tape the bulb connector up well ,leave it in the housing ,plug HID bulb in and reseal the flex housing cap back .(repeat this #3 step for the passenger side ).i forgot on the HID bulbs you will see an extra red and black wires ,one side has 2 spades and the other side is a orange cnnector you don't use this anymore just pull them out from both HID bulbs to save some space .
From there just crack a beer,sit back and enjoy your new HID

Last edited by Belam; 03-27-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Belam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #19
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belam View Post
I will be happy to walk you through this .I know it's a lilte complicated to explain it in words like this .It may sound confusing but in the real thing it's just real simple .I was in your situation before .
Ok now you got a female from autozone you can see that you have 3 wires from that female connector right ?
1 .Just plug that female in to the male which comes from the relay harness ,now you will have 3 bare wires for your relay in stead of a male connector (that's the purpose of buying/connecting the female H13).
2.On the driver side usually people will tell you to unplug the factory GREEn H13 harness BUT in this case you DO NOT do that ,just leave it like that .Now you need to splice those bare wires (from your autozone H13 female connector)into the eagle wires .The connection point could be any where after your GREEN FACTORY harness (I highly recommend to splice them in right after your H13 green,and the eagle eye connectors), that will give you a Y connections from the factory h13 harness to control both the high beam and to signal your relay .You need to CAREFULLY look to see which wire should connect to which because the H13 and the Eagle eye wires are different colors .(I don't know if yours are the same as mine ,you can see the pict that I posted above of the color wire connection ,it should be the same since you and I got them from the same seller).

3.Now just unplug your eagle eye bulb out (trash it if hou want)and tape the bulb connector up well ,leave it in the housing ,plug HID bulb in and reseal the flex housing cap back .(repeat this #3 step for the passenger side ).i forgot on the HID bulbs you will see an extra red and black wires ,one side has 2 spades and the other side is a orange cnnector you don't use this anymore just pull them out from both HID bulbs to save some space .
From there just crack a beer,sit back and enjoy your new HID
How did you gain access to your relays wires? Cut some of the protective shield around it?

Last edited by Hayden; 03-27-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #20
Belam

I didn't cut anything from the relay (that's why I got H13 female connector ) .I think that you may got a different relay harness that's why you missed seeing the point of the H13 female .can you take a clear pict of the driver side of the relay harness for me ? (No need on the passenger )
I will give you some Picts so you can tell when I get home tonight
Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #21
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Quote:
I didn't cut anything from the relay (that's why I got H13 female connector ) .I think that you may got a different relay harness that's why you missed seeing the point of the H13 female .can you take a clear pict of the driver side of the relay harness for me ? (No need on the passenger )
I will give you some Picts so you can tell when I get home tonight
okay will do.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=14029

My exact harness.

So thats on the passenger side. Again I'm confused on how to get the high beam to work on the passenger side.

Last edited by Hayden; 03-27-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #22
Belam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Ok that's what I have .a piece of cake , I'll shoot you some Picts tonight
Old 03-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Quote:
Ok that's what I have .a piece of cake , I'll shoot you some Picts tonight
Thank you I know its so simple.. but for some reason its just not all clicking
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #24
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Here are some pictures of the driver side.. They should explain themselves on how Ive got things hooked up tell me what I've done wrong.

Driver Side:

This is where I connected the new harness?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/145/ds****01g.jpg/

Not sure where I'm tapping into yet!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/ds****02xg.jpg/

Relay
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...s****03by.jpg/

Passanger Side for Shits and Gigs:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...s****04xp.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/ds****05jk.jpg/

I don't know why the hell my pictures are doing this.. will fix when i get off work.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #25
Belam

I was about to tell you that .just use a tool press it real hard in til you feel a Solid Click sound . I did the same thing .
Old 03-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
Belam

Ok the first pict that shows the relay harness male plugged into female (from autozone) .
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #27
Belam

This 2nd pict show that you need to connect the female wires right into the eagle eye wire (connection point will be right exact where my thumb is ) I used 3 quick splices to do that really simple (brown to white ,green to black ,black to blue) .
Attached Images

Last edited by Belam; 03-27-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #28
Hayden
You serious Clark?

I was blind but now I see Thanks for the pictures. Im a visual type of guy.

Thanks!