Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #43
ReevZL1

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERAKI AUTOWORKS View Post
Great choice of exhaust! Build coming along nicely.

-Josh
ReevZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #44
ReevZL1

Ok i have fixed my TPMS sensor problem. I took my car to les Schwab again and took my rear wheels off myself. Tire shops wont mount or dismount beadlock wheels from your vehicle because a Beadlock wheel is not "DOT" approved. I had them install my TPMS sensors on a band around the rim. The valve stem is facing upside down. Les Schwab said the sensor has to be at 35 degrees. Also you have to be carful not to damage the sensor when mounting and dismounting the tires now because it sticks out and the wheel lips are very shallow. I couldn't take pics of how they mounted the bands/TPMS sensors, shop rules. Once i installed the wheels back on the car i had them reset the TPMS sensors on the car and Whala, this worked!

Last edited by ReevZL1; 01-09-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #45
6th G SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Performance
Gmornin its Glen. I just found your build page and all I got to say is wow. It was nice meeting you out at Kingdon that day. Had a blast and hope we can meet up again sometime and do it again!
6th G SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #46
ReevZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th G SS View Post
Gmornin its Glen. I just found your build page and all I got to say is wow. It was nice meeting you out at Kingdon that day. Had a blast and hope we can meet up again sometime and do it again!
Thanks Glen it was nice to meet you too. Glad you could come to the forums, Welcome!
Old 01-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #47
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReevZL1 View Post
This is the ugliest dyno chart I've received but apparently it's because of the wheels/drag radials vibrating on the dyno. I don't know it it's because I have solid bushings in the back. Anyway the car Made 589rwhp SAE and similar torque. The pic is of the numbers in Standard. I'm also not sure why the torque falls off so bad as well. The car only has a WEAPON-X Ported TB, 5" WEAPON-X CAI, and Borla Catback. My tuner said he had to 6 pulls just to get the A/F ratio right because it was so far off due to such a big CAI. The car could have been a little hot. Attachment 913440 Sorry I don't have a Baseline tune I installed the parts myself before the Tune.
What's up Chris! You'll see a different outcome when you get it to CMS I'm guessing. I'd like to see this log because I'd venture to guess by that dyno graph and torque curve, that throttle was not staying open due to things being scaled improperly. The exhaust won't do a whole lot post cat, but the intake and TB should leave you with a strong graph like this:

WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #48
ReevZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
What's up Chris! You'll see a different outcome when you get it to CMS I'm guessing. I'd like to see this log because I'd venture to guess by that dyno graph and torque curve, that throttle was not staying open due to things being scaled improperly. The exhaust won't do a whole lot post cat, but the intake and TB should leave you with a strong graph like this:

Hi Weapon X, my favorite engineered parts supplier! Thanks for the input on the Dyno graph that makes sense that the throttle was not staying open. The graph looks terrible. I'm stoked to head to CMS on Monday!
Old 01-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #49
ReevZL1

CMS Stage 3 package install

Ok so its been a little while since i posted about my car. Here's an update video of it after Cunningham Motorsports installed their Stage 3 package. I'll pick up the car on Friday when i have a day off. Dyno numbers came in at 694rwhp
666ftlbs on a mustang Dyno. When i have the Dyno graph I'll post it here as well. A big thank you to Ryne, Troy and the CMS team for doing such a Great Job on my ZL1!!! Also i will be going to Famoso Raceway for some 1/4 mile times soon.

https://youtu.be/fZEYsOnJ7cw
Old 01-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #50
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
It looks like Cunningham posted a video of your dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReevZL1 View Post
Ok so its been a little while since i posted about my car. Here's an update video of it after Cunningham Motorsports installed their Stage 3 package. I'll pick up the car on Friday when i have a day off. Dyno numbers came in at 694rwhp
666ftlbs on a mustang Dyno. When i have the Dyno graph I'll post it here as well. A big thank you to Ryne, Troy and the CMS team for doing such a Great Job on my ZL1!!! Also i will be going to Famoso Raceway for some 1/4 mile times soon.

https://youtu.be/fZEYsOnJ7cw
Old 01-20-2018, 12:43 AM   #51
ReevZL1

2018 ZL1 CMS Stage 3 package Dyno Graph

Attachment 916279Thanks Badmojo for posting the video. Here's my dyno graph, I was just shy of 700rwhp @ 10psi. I picked up the car in LA today and drove it almost 400 miles to home. I'm so impressed with the tuning that Ryne @ Cunningham Motorsports made to my car!!! The Drivability for the street is amazing!! My Car goes from Mild to wild in a split second, the shifts are nice and smooth and Crisp when I'm spirited driving. It also revs a lot quicker than it used to. With the exhaust valves open it sounds like a full on race car. My car runs cooler about 4-5 degrees than it did in stock form and that's even when sitting in LA Traffic for hours or Full throttle down the Streets of Mexico!
I want to thank Ryne, Troy and Bow tie Britches/Mike for all the hard work and effort they put into my car. The Car is amazing and just makes me say a big Wow this car is insane!!! I Love it!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by ReevZL1; 01-28-2018 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Fixed sideways picture
Old 01-20-2018, 12:46 AM   #52
ReevZL1

I'm heading down to Famoso Raceway the 27th for some 1/4 mile Drag times! Hopefully it doesn't rain.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:02 PM   #53
ReevZL1

Well i wont be going to the drag strip this weekend. I have an oil leak which looks like it's coming from the front timing cover. Also I have a service Airbag light on which showed up on Friday the day i drove the car home. I'm not going to drive all the way to Bakersfield to famoso raceway to get kicked off for an oil leak and i dont want to cause anyone else to spin out and wreck due to oil on the track. I am very disappointed.

Last edited by ReevZL1; 01-22-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:43 PM   #54
ReevZL1

Okay i got my oil leak fixed!!! Thank you Ryne Cunningham for all of the support and hard work you did to get the Job Done! Much respect to Ryne for taking care of business and his customers. Ryne stayed in constant communication and communicated well with me. I also want to thank Chris Hovey and his team at Life’s Good Racing in Livermore for all the Hard work they did to get my car fixed and leak free. So far so good, fingers crossed ��.

I’ll be able to make it to famoso raceway tomorrow Saturday the 27th of January. Times and video(s) will be posted soon.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:46 AM   #55
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Old 01-28-2018, 12:03 AM   #56
ReevZL1

2018 ZL1 A10 9 second 1/4 mile time!

Today’s event was a total success!!! I got to give a huge thanks to Ryne @ Cunningham Motorsports for all the hard work he has done to make this car run like a Beast down the drag strip!!! I’m car #005 on the time slips. DA was 174 and temp was 60 degrees.

Here’s a video of my very first 9 second 1/4 mile!!!!

https://youtu.be/boTHhgFcZ_Q
Attached Images

Last edited by ReevZL1; 02-03-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Added Air density and temperature at the time of the 9 second pass.