Track Mode & Stability function

In the track mode in the stability function less intrusive? Seems like
turning it off might be a bad idea!
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
A good driver is going to want it off...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
There is definitely a bit more give on track mode. The steering wheel however is just bonkers and makes track mode completely useless on the street unless you change your steering wheel to tour or sport mode while keeping suspension/npp on track. But it is a track mode... Suppose to use it on track and not street lol.

Turning off the step 1 traction (1 click not holding it for a few seconds), it gets pretty fun and let's you oversteer much easier. Driver be aware though... SS is still a beast and she will bite you. I do plan on hitting the track (road course) in the next couple months, whenever the weather is much better. Not into drag strip, autox or road course is just more fun for me.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #4
chuckclanton

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
There is definitely a bit more give on track mode. The steering wheel however is just bonkers and makes track mode completely useless on the street unless you change your steering wheel to tour or sport mode while keeping suspension/npp on track. But it is a track mode... Suppose to use it on track and not street lol.

Turning off the step 1 traction (1 click not holding it for a few seconds), it gets pretty fun and let's you oversteer much easier. Driver be aware though... SS is still a beast and she will bite you. I do plan on hitting the track (road course) in the next couple months, whenever the weather is much better. Not into drag strip, autox or road course is just more fun for me.
The owners manual is not real clear on all the different mode scenarios missed in with stability on/off
Old 02-10-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I have to say even in Tour mode you can still get a little sideways. Personally not sure if I notice track mode change mush on stability control. I TR6 is on the money you will need to turn it off or maybe just click it once like he suggested. I know to launch the car you have to double click the traction control button. I have not tried this yet but at 2500 miles and need to soon! lol
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
chuckclanton

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post

So, whats the story with the steering in the track mode? Sport and track seem to be the same except for the force needed to steer?
Old 02-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #7
Tim Adams

Drives: 2020 Elkhart Lake Blue 1LT Z51 C8
I have only been able to put just over 100 miles on mine, but most in traffic, lots of turns, all in track mode. The steering wheel is fine, it just takes more effort to turn it.

2020 C8 ordered!!

"The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches"

www.timadamsphotography.com
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckclanton View Post
In the track mode in the stability function less intrusive?
Yes. And it doesn't bog the car down in competition mode if you start to slide...just helps you to stay pointed in the right general direction.

A good driver may want all the assists off...but turning all the assists off does not make someone a good driver. There's a difference there: know your limits, practice your skills.

Here's a good visual to help you understand the different modes, and what changes in each.
Attached Images