Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 01-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
P&S Brake Buster

I have been pretty happy with my Adam's wheel cleaner since trying 20+ combinations of cleaning my wheels. But was hit up by P&S to check out what they have. So I gave their Brake Buster a try.

Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I just spoke with reps from P & S at Mobile Tech Expo about an hour ago. I told them you reviewed their product and they were very interested to look it up. They had no idea there was a big Camaro community.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:59 PM   #3
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Can you compare P&S Brake Buster vs Sonax full effect?
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:16 AM   #4
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Looks like it works well but I never saw a need for wheel cleaners personally. Soap, water, some wheel brushes and retired wash mitts have always seemed to do the trick for my cars. I'm sure it's different for more neglected wheels though.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:03 AM   #5
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I just spoke with reps from P & S at Mobile Tech Expo about an hour ago. I told them you reviewed their product and they were very interested to look it up. They had no idea there was a big Camaro community.
The product wasn't sent to me directly from P&S, but a distributor who resales P&S. He saw the products I was using and felt P&S was better, so I told him I would check it out.

Pretty cool you told P&S about my video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Can you compare P&S Brake Buster vs Sonax full effect?
I have actually used Sonax, a few of their products. In all I haven't been super pleased with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
Looks like it works well but I never saw a need for wheel cleaners personally. Soap, water, some wheel brushes and retired wash mitts have always seemed to do the trick for my cars. I'm sure it's different for more neglected wheels though.
I used a scrub brush (soft for wheels) and old mitts etc. But was sick of spending 15-20 minutes per wheel making my them look amazing inside and out. I also started to notice my old mitt and even the soft brush were leaving marks in my GM stock rims... so I ditch that method and found a way to clean my wheels without having to touch them if I didn't want too.

Is it the best way? no... But is it the way I found works for me? Yes. Everyone has methods and as long as the end result is shiny clean wheels, woot!
Old 01-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #6
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
How would you rate this product compared to Chemical Guys Diablo Gel Wheel and Rim Cleaner?
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
ha, figures there's now a cheaper alternative to the Adam's wheel cleaner after I bought a gallon of it. Thanks for the vid. I'll try it out when I run out of the Adam's.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I have actually used Sonax, a few of their products. In all I haven't been super pleased with the results.

I used a scrub brush (soft for wheels) and old mitts etc. But was sick of spending 15-20 minutes per wheel making my them look amazing inside and out. I also started to notice my old mitt and even the soft brush were leaving marks in my GM stock rims... so I ditch that method and found a way to clean my wheels without having to touch them if I didn't want too.

Is it the best way? no... But is it the way I found works for me? Yes. Everyone has methods and as long as the end result is shiny clean wheels, woot!
Same here im getting sick of it too and noticed tiny scratches starting surface. Been using Sonax so far not really impressed. Any product or product combination that works best for you?
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Lethal,

1. Thank you for wearing sneakers and not sandals.
2. Where did you get the gloss black MRR center caps? My M228 came with blanks.
3. Are you using the factory brake pads or did you switch them out?
4. I agree about Sonax--not impressed at all.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #10
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post

I use the Speedmaster wheel brush and wheel brush Jr. and they aren't supposed to scratch. So far, so good there. The Jr. works well for cleaning around and inside the exhaust tips also.

I will say though it'd be nice to not have to crouch at each wheel while you do all of that scrubbing. I won't rule it out for the future though. As I age I become less OCD.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #11
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Cool now they know! Thanks to him I just bought some

Last edited by vet757; 01-25-2017 at 06:15 PM.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #12
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Yes I got their distributor info. I'm always lookng for cheaper products that work well. I saw at least 4 wholesale detailing product lines that I had never heard of at Mobile Tech Expo, P&S being one of them.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #13
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
I personally never seen a reason for wheel cleaners on a maintained car. Some quality soap, water-less or rinse-less wash with a microfiber towel has never failed me.

A good sealant or wax afterwords always makes the next cleaning even easier if need be.

Now for people who let dirt, road grime and brake dust build up then I guess a dedicated cleaner is needed.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #14
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
Lethal,

1. Thank you for wearing sneakers and not sandals.
2. Where did you get the gloss black MRR center caps? My M228 came with blanks.
3. Are you using the factory brake pads or did you switch them out?
4. I agree about Sonax--not impressed at all.
1.) It's cold these days, snadals will be making a come back
2.) They came standard with the M017's
3.) Still factory, new pads coming.
4.) yeah... Sonax in Europe is great, but whatever they do to their product that makes its way to the US has failed us car people.