Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #29
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Have you pick out #4?

If you learned from the experience, as expensive as that lesson is, it's worth it. Take care!
Old 11-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
How did you get out of a DUI when the police showed up...?

I assume you have beat yourself up enough about the drinking and driving. But let me insert another idea. How bad would you want to wring the neck of the person that killed your wife, kids, parents, brother, sister, etc. because the person was drunk?

For those of you that do still drink and drive, be weary in AZ, we'll find you, hopefully in time before you hurt another person.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #31
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I"m offereing MY services to ALL C5 Members at the C5FEST they need a driver to get them HOME. I'd be glad to drive there camaro back to the HOTEL 31 years SOBER
Old 11-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #32
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
For those users who yelled at the guy about drinking and driving (which I agree is dangerous) I hope you don't do something just as dangerous which is texting and driving.

I can't tell you the number of accidents that almost happened due to cellphones. I can tell you I almost killed two people because of them. Not my fault though. They both decided to go between my axles on the tanker trailer and any move closer they would have hit the frame and over goes two sets of tires.

Anyways to everyone on here, be safe and don't be stupid. I may only be 25 but driving a truck sure makes you respect the road a little more.

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Old 11-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #33
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
I"m offereing MY services to ALL C5 Members at the C5FEST they need a driver to get them HOME. I'd be glad to drive there camaro back to the HOTEL 31 years SOBER
Congrats!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #34
HmBuilder2

Drives: 2014 RRM 2LT RS
Just a stupid question, But is your insurance paying for another car. with you DUI ?
My insurance would tell me to have a nice ride on the bus.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #35
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
Lesson to be learned...do not drink and drive. How is your insurance rates?
Old 11-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #36
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
I lost a friend of mine to a drunk driver. Said drunk driver was an 18 year old girl.

Don't drink and drive. It's really really stupid.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #37
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
For those users who yelled at the guy about drinking and driving (which I agree is dangerous) I hope you don't do something just as dangerous which is texting and driving. I can't tell you the number of accidents that almost happened due to cellphones.
I have to +1 this. Texting and driving is terribly dangerous, and it scares that crap out of me whenever I see somebody doing it in traffic. I always try to get far away from them whenever possible. Put the damn phone down and look at the road, people. Whatever it is, it can wait until you're stopped.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #38
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
I lost a friend of mine to a drunk driver. Said drunk driver was an 18 year old girl.

Don't drink and drive. It's really really stupid.
I heard of something like that in Birmingham. I probably met the girl without realizing. But at two different bars they were letting her in after hours and feeding her drinks and she was dancing on the bar and what not, I was never there for any of it, I just knew the ding bat bartenders that were letting it happen. Anyhow, she was 18 years old and drove away one night and killed someone. She went to prison obviously, not sure for how long.

In Alabama, the establishments and the servers should have been held accountable also. Not sure that the establishments weren't sued, but I know the people serving weren't hit with anything.

Ruined her life and the lives of the victim and the victim's family. A lot of lives impacted needlessly.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #39
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I heard of something like that in Birmingham. I probably met the girl without realizing. But at two different bars they were letting her in after hours and feeding her drinks and she was dancing on the bar and what not, I was never there for any of it, I just knew the ding bat bartenders that were letting it happen. Anyhow, she was 18 years old and drove away one night and killed someone. She went to prison obviously, not sure for how long.

In Alabama, the establishments and the servers should have been held accountable also. Not sure that the establishments weren't sued, but I know the people serving weren't hit with anything.

Ruined her life and the lives of the victim and the victim's family. A lot of lives impacted needlessly.
That's freaking horrible... My wife and I are adamantly against drinking and driving. I only wish everyone was.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #40
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
This is why I don't drink :P
Old 11-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #41
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Every person on the planet has made a mistake. Some horrible mistakes. That said. Real men own up to them and learn from it. The OP seemingly has before anything tragic happened and that's a good thing. Now before anyone accuses me of defending the OP's choice. My grandmother was killed by a 22yr old drunk driver who ran a red light at 80mph. He was driving a Camaro. She suffered in ICU for 2 weeks before she passed. At the time i wanted to stomp his skull into a pile of dust. However, my 89yr old grandmother would have been the first to forgive him.

Everyone has made pretty bad decisions in their lifetimes. I know i have.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #42
Fla904

Drives: all black '12 ss/rs
I drink and drive while I'm texting and eating food coming home from the bars all the time. That's what your knee is for...

Closed Thread